[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Large_H1000xW950.jpg (262 KB, 757x1000) Image search: [Google]
Large_H1000xW950.jpg
262 KB, 757x1000
yo im tryna get my knowledge up on the history of photography

any book recommendations? OR links to good articles on famous photographers, thanks.
>>
I just got daido moriyamas new book In colour now and never again. Not sure what to think of it yet.
>>
>>2853070
which book?
>>
>>2853070
>Not sure what to think of it yet.

are you waiting for the critics to tell you what to think?
>>
File: f-minus[1].jpg (140 KB, 756x586) Image search: [Google]
f-minus[1].jpg
140 KB, 756x586
>>2852833
I am seconding this request. I have been looking for a book that would explain the history of photography, including the technology and people that made photography what it is today. I noticed an extensive list of literature within the sticky link but as there is no descriptions it will take a long time to sort through.

>>2853070
>I just got daido moriyamas new book In colour now and never again. Not sure what to think of it yet.

"I just got got Daido Moriyama's new book, "In Colour: Now and Never Again."; I am not sure what to think of it yet."

>>2853456
I initially had trouble interpreting his illiterate post as well; I hope my edit helped.

>>2853462
If his grammar is any indication, yes, he probably needs someone to tell him what to think.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2012:07:26 23:58:45
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width756
Image Height586
>>
File: maitani_372x500.jpg (19 KB, 372x500) Image search: [Google]
maitani_372x500.jpg
19 KB, 372x500
>>2853500
>that would explain the history of photography

a well made book about that would be a blast. color photo has been on earth for eons, but people tend to think it appeared sometime in the 50's. there is a long story of how to get colors recorded on image, also color slide film is old as fuck, the very story of kodachrome is pretty interesting as well.

fuck, just got all hyped about a movie i just imagined: a biopic of Maitani Yoshihisa.

it would be like that movie with that cuck from apple (the one that bombed), but with a legit genius guy, with 3 moments, 3 products:

>Creation of the Oly Pen F
>Creation of the Oly OM-1
>Creation of the Oly XA

holy fuck.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width372
Image Height500
>>
There are History of Photography classes (believe me, I had to take one). Find out what they use as textbooks. This is the one I used:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/history-of-photography-beaumont-newhall/1121640827?ean=9780870703812&pcta=n&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Shopping+Textbooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP205&k_clickid=3x205
>>
Two more books that always come up in photography classes:
https://www.amazon.com/Photographers-Eye-John-Szarkowski/dp/087070527X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464821734&sr=8-1&keywords=the+photographer%27s+eye+book

https://www.amazon.com/Family-Man-60th-Anniversary/dp/1633450015/ref=pd_sim_14_54?ie=UTF8&dpID=41rZA2PJufL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR121%2C160_&refRID=HPFBZZ3EFQW1VZFDCRAD
Not recent, but a good place to start
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.