[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/, why is this so cheap? Is this a sketchy website or just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ah.png (569 KB, 1384x1053) Image search: [Google]
ah.png
569 KB, 1384x1053
/p/, why is this so cheap? Is this a sketchy website or just a great deal?
>>
I'm sure you will get it, but you may also get what you pay for.
>>
>>2852024
think about it

would anyone actually sell a 6D for that cheap?
>>
Generally wouldn't buy camera gear from websites unless they use PayPal, unless it's a well known store like Camera Warehouse here in Australia
>>
>>2852024

why don't you post what website it is?
>>
>>2852316
I looked up the website (I'm not OP) but it's very obviously a sketchy scam website

> All calls are recorded or monitored for your protection and ours, as well as for quality assurance purposes.
>By placing an order with us either over the phone or over the internet, you hereby consent to having any phone conversations recorded. If you do not consent Please terminate any phone conversation and cancel any orders that have not been processed. Once an order has been processed, by default you have consented to any phone recordings.
>We hear-by DO NOT consent for anyone to record our conversations, as proprietary information may be disclosed and used. all correspondences including recordings and E-Mails are considered confidential, and my not be used, disseminated or distributed in any way without prior written permission from us.

Read the rest of the sketchy scam terms&conditions and it's obvious they spent more on the contract than on any 'products' they are supposedly selling.
>>
>>2852351

how is any of that scam?

if they are scamming you why would they tell you this? they would just record the audio without telling you.

i have to say those terms do not indicate a scam to me.
>>
>>2852351
Pretty much any time you call anywhere for anything, there's a disclaimer about your call being monitored or recorded for training purposes.
>>
>>2852024
Check the website to see if it's an authorized Canon retailer.

I ran into this same thing when I was shopping for a D810 and another lens. There's retailers like this with really low prices, but they aren't authorized dealers. If you buy from them, it's considered "grey market", which means no manufacturer's warranty.

I've also heard of shady shit, like them harassing you on the phone to buy things you don't want, or sending people used cameras. It's a gamble. Take it if you want to.
>>
>>2852410
>>2852024
Actually I just checked the "why buy from us" section on your screenshot and saw this:
>All products come with a 1 year warranty
That's it. They aren't an authorized dealer. If they were they wouldn't have to throw in a warranty.
>>
>>2852024
>Buy 1 Memeory Card - Get One Free
>Card is probably 512mb
>>
>>2852367
That's not the problem it's where they say they do not give consent for anyone to record them or save emails from them
>>
>>2852365
>>We hear-by DO NOT consent for anyone to record our conversations, as proprietary information may be disclosed and used. all correspondences including recordings and E-Mails are considered confidential, and my not be used, disseminated or distributed in any way without prior written permission from us.

This "protects" them from you holding them to anything legally binding that they claim. Abort! Abort!
>>
>>2852591

or you could just ask for any promise in writing.
>>
>>2852595
>ask for a promise in writing
they'll say no, they already said no recording any of their shady transactions. They're a scam website. That's why they have 5 pages of shady scam legalese saying everything they're doing is top secret confidential and why their products don't have real warranties, just a pretend warranty from the scam website (which with that shady a contract is probably worth nothing at all)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.