[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.cnet.com/products/imposs ible-project-l-1-instant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: pola.jpg (120 KB, 520x385) Image search: [Google]
pola.jpg
120 KB, 520x385
http://www.cnet.com/products/impossible-project-l-1-instant-camera/

why is people not talking about polaroids resurrection?

also, why cant people make aesthetic looking instant cameras anymore? Instax are horrid and this one tries soooooo hard to be "vintage", looks like an old telephone, ugly and pseudo minimal.
>>
>why is people not talking about polaroids resurrection?

Because they've already been making film for a while now and a $300 dollar new polaroid camera is so far from resurrection
>>
>>2850276
where are the goddamn manual controls on this motherfucker seriously.

You know who could just rip through the market with a relatively easy to produce camera? Fucking Fuji.
A manual Instax camera would be THE thing of 2017. You can't even imagine. Their instax film is cheaper too and looks way better. give this thing a nice lens and more manual control, put a 400 dollar price tag on it and BE the trend for the next, say, 4 years.
>>
>>2850303
Apparently you can control the camera through an app on your phone

Not really a great solution in my opinion though
>>
>>2850303
No one wants a manual instant camera.

The point is that they are fun and easy to use and produce acceptable quality snapshots.
>>
>>2850308
>Apparently you can control the camera through an app on your phone

remember that 90's device that allowed you to browse the internet with your tv set? its the same as this. a nonsense "solution" thats destined to fail from the start.

>muh QR code
>muh appz
>muh smartphone

i hate the 201X's.
>>
>>2850309
BULLSHIT. Everyone would come running for these things. Give them P, AV, TV, Manual. It would sell like hotcakes, especially with a good lens and maybe some form of metering indication. Very doable for around 400. I've seen how people react to instant cameras, it's ALWAYS an instant ice breaker in every non candid shooting situation where people are involved. More control for the photographer means better results in that way and better ice breaking.
>>
>>2850310
Yeah I dislike it but it's not quite as far fetched as using your phone considering a lot of people including myself use a smartphone for light metering
>>
>>2850310
I would not go that far, but not having the controls on the camera limits you in many really shitty ways.
Also
>company that goes full retro
>apple IOS only

WHAT I MEAN WHAT I MEAN WHAT!!!
This hipster shit has to fucking stop
>>
>why is people
>why is
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Please run your post past a native English speaker before posting.

>Polaroids resurrection
Impossible are doing the lords work, although slightly expensive they are providing an alternative to Instax.
I'd really like to see them strike a deal with Fuji so that pack film can continue to exist, but I doubt I'll be able to use polaroids with my MF gear again.

The camera looks fine to me. Maybe because I don't like the look of SLR's or DSLR's too much.
>>2850303
>You know who could just rip through the market with a relatively easy to produce camera? Fucking Fuji.
>A manual Instax camera would be THE thing of 2017. You can't even imagine. Their instax film is cheaper too and looks way better. give this thing a nice lens and more manual control, put a 400 dollar price tag on it and BE the trend for the next, say, 4 years.
But there is already a manual instax camera, the X series.
>>
>>2850320
>But there is already a manual instax camera, the X series.

Yeah I know you can use it with the Instax SP-1 Printer. But there's that digital step in between that you want to avoid sometimes, firstly for technical difficulties (I have the SP-1 and an X100t and its not always as smooth as it is advertised), secondly for effect.
>>
Fuji really need to just make an instax wide printer
>>
>>2850314
I don't think you understand why these people like or enjoy instant cameras.

It's not about great quality photos, or technically accurate shots. It's about being in the moment, having fun, and having these imperfect snapshots instantly.
>>
>>2850315
>>2850317

>apple IOS only

some serious cancer right there.

today is completely possible to pick up an old 1950's TLR and a 120 roll expired in 1998 and still get an ass kicking set of pictures. but, how in fuck are you going to manual control that stupid iphone dependable camera in 2 years with a smartphone thats totally obsolete? its like 3D movie craze, now they look dated, stupid and the LOOK NOW COMES THE 3D SCENE parts are obvious and shitty.
>>
>>2850326
I don't think you understand what I said in my last post. With a P mode you'll have that and then some. Give it a few more arbitrary features that the snapshitters will enjoy as well, so they have a reason to buy it over the current instax. Like an extendable selfie stick. Holy crap.
>>
I can't say the camera impressed me specswise, but as a musician I absolutely adore my OP-1, and the fact that Teenage Engineering did this camera too makes me a little bit curious anyway.
>>
is impossible still making film packs or are they selling what they have in stock and will die once everything is sold?
>>
File: il_fullxfull.553697241_f8st.jpg (195 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.553697241_f8st.jpg
195 KB, 800x1000
compare that abortion to any of those.

design is kill.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Created2014:01:20 18:02:18
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height1000
>>
>>2850346
Love the spectra series so much
>>
>>2850346
The SX-70 Is one of the sexiest cameras ever made.
>>
>>2850346
>the second one at the bottom
hhhnnngggg
>>
>ywn know this feel
>>
>>2850325
I've been talking about this for a while now. This is a day 1 pre-order for me.
>>
>>2850276
instant wireless printer and an x100t
>>
>>2850358
>(Under $50)
>Seller at local shop selling his for $100

No I don't have my Polaroid Color Pack Camera you ass
>>
File: 1442787256435.png (189 KB, 770x337) Image search: [Google]
1442787256435.png
189 KB, 770x337
>>2850358
>tfw I knew that feel
>I will never know that feel again since Fuji killed off FP-100c
>>
>>2850574
$50 back then was more like $500 today
>>
>>2850349

the instagram?
>>
>>2850692
yeah.......
>>
>>2850346
I honestly don't get it. You're listing a whole bunch of cameras with extremely pragmatic designs... to harp on the I-1?

The I-1 is virtually the same design as all of those boxy 600 camera's. A flat box for the film pack with a tower on top for the mirror. The most significant difference is that they've elected for a ring flash around the lens and a more finished casing.
>>
>>2850310
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT WEB TV
>>
>>2850965

it fucking sucked.

>>2850880
>I honestly don't get it.

dont get what? that Op pic is an abomination and that the pola poster features only qts? if you cant see that, you need to check your dumb eyes.
>>
>>2850349
ill sell you mine
>>
>>2850325
Agreed
>>
>>2850276
>why is people not talking about polaroids resurrection?
Because Impossible Project has been making Polaroid film for years now.
>>
>>2851306
but i already have a polaroid
how much'd you want for it anyway?
>>
>>2850588
;____;
>ywn load new film instant film into your MF camera again
>>
>>2850320
>But there is already a manual instax camera, the X series.

>scanned image

Yeah no, and it doesn't even expose the film right
>>
File: FullSizeRender (2).jpg (119 KB, 544x640) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender (2).jpg
119 KB, 544x640
>>2851353
$20(usd) i just want to get rid of it

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 4S
Camera Software9.2.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)47 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:30 23:06:51
Exposure Time1/17 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Brightness0.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length4.28 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1943
Image Height2290
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2851986
I never did get an instant back for my Bronica.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>2852088
>fixed focus
>1 element plastic lens with fixed aperture (103mm, f14.6)
>full auto

It cracks me up the iconic polaroid has always been the instant film equivalent of a holga, polaroid doing literally the same thing lomography.com is doing now, to a tee.
>>
>>2850358
>tfw just got my last packages of FP100C and shot a few photos with people leaning onto me afterwards just like that yesterday
>>
>>2852195
I still have a couple shots left in my 240 because the soldering gave out on the battery holder like a year ago and I couldn't be assed to get more solder.
I wonder if they're still usable.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.