[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cibachrome/Ilfochrome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: BALLAD_05_hires.jpg (244 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
BALLAD_05_hires.jpg
244 KB, 620x413
>go see Nan Goldin photos at an art gallery
>the colors are so insanely vibrant, the pic related doesn't do justice
>monitors can't replicate the vibrancy of the colors in print
>the descriptions of her photographs say they were printed on Cibachrome
>Cibachrome (also called Ilfochrome) is no longer produced

;__;

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2848139

Just scan slides and print 'em. Same shit.
>>
>>2848141
gb2 /b/, trolling kid.
>>
>>2848146

lol wut.

Cibachrome existed because there wasn't really a great tabletop positive-to-positive printing system. There hasn't really been a need for that in the last, what, 18 years or so with the advent of scanning and lightjet printing, so cibachrome went the way of the dinosaur.

Get some good paper, find a good printer with whom to work and you're well on your way
>>
>>2848179
>lightjet printing

Hey retard, lightjet printing IS a chromogenic print, they just use digitally controlled lasers to project the image instead of an illuminated transparency.
>>
>>2848181

Hey retard, I obviously know that.
>>
>>2848185
Hey retard, you're a retard.
>>
>>2848139
with a good inkjet printer and good paper, you can get equivalent results in terms of dmax and color saturation
>>
>>2848179
Photos processed on Cibachrome looks different from the ones processed using other photographic processes because it's a dye destruction process, not dye additive process like most processes.
>>
>>2848869
well then you might as-well sell ur camera now and buy a new scooter
>>
>>2848877
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>2848877
dubs don't lie
>>
>>2848139
just shoot 4x5 slides and look at them under a backlight. they'll look better than cibachrome ever could :^)
>>
>>2848139
>nan goldin
>good
>>
>>2848968
That's what I thought until I looked at the actual prints.

The colors really make the photographs come alive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.