[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just did a shoot with someone who had been bitching about my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: photography-meme.jpg (113 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
photography-meme.jpg
113 KB, 800x450
Just did a shoot with someone who had been bitching about my framing and directing. She and her friend offered to do a shoot with pointers and I figure why not. It was "MySpace angles 101" mostly and the kicker was when the friend in question took over to shoot me and couldn't even focus the camera. This woman who shat on me couldn't take a single in focus picture. God knows what she'd have done if I hadn't already set the aperture and everything.

Why fatties gotta fat? Annoying client stories?
>>
>>2846457
none to share however here's something you might find amusing:

https://youtu.be/2RnmPrWmAMQ
>>
>>2846457
>Just did a shoot with someone who had been bitching about my framing and directing.
If a *non-photographer* is bitching about your framing and direction, your framing and direction are more than likely complete shit.

You're the photographer. It's your job to be able to focus a single picture, not your clients.
Your client didn't fail to perform. You did.

And you could stand to lose a few pounds yourself, buster brown.
>>
>>2846461
>And you could stand to lose a few pounds yourself, buster brown.
And you should probably gains some or yourself. Or don't. I like to imagine how it feels to have your bony ass sit on my face.
>>
>>2846461
Wasn't a client, was some friends, and my framing is fine. I made the mistake of handing over the unedited photos from a shoot, and because there were more than a few bad shots (models moving around, awkward limited location, etc.) which would normally never have been seen alongside the great ones, it looked bad.

I can shoot fine, it was just hysterical to see someone who called me an amateur and offered lessons be unable to work a camera.

And I'm in decent shape lol. I run and do yoga regularly. Random ad hominem and way off base.
>>
>>2846500
Whatever you say, Marshmallow Fluff.
>>
>>2846512
You'll reply to him, but not me?

I genuinely want your ass on my face.
>>
>>2846457
>>2846500
>handing unedited photos to clients
lol you done fucked up there.

But honestly people who don't use cameras (especially artist) can be great with their ideas, framing etc.
This would be different if she complained about your focusing and could not focus herself.
Obviously without examples we have no idea if your shit or not.

Just remember, not all artist are technicians and they don't need to know how to operate an SLR to get good framing.
>>
>>2846461
>>2846512
Thank you for providing a trip to filter out.
More cancerfags should be following this fine example.
>>
>>2846538
u r 2 new
>>
File: 17278136939_208d0449fb_k.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
17278136939_208d0449fb_k.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1365
>>2846523
She is an artist, which is why I bothered to listen in the first place. I'm no expert, so I'm always down for criticism. She was condescending and rude though.

This isn't the same woman, just a good example of my work.
>>
File: 18644605342_6784ce5661_k.jpg (390 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
18644605342_6784ce5661_k.jpg
390 KB, 2048x1365
>>2846523
Different shoot, same model, another sample.
>>
>>2846547
not bad

>>2846548
dont like the knee crop
>>
File: cantwakeup.jpg (470 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.jpg
470 KB, 1000x667
WAKE ME UP

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:24 03:49:43
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
I've had the same shit while shooting press stuff, fucking random people coming up "EXCUSE ME YOU FORGOT TO DO A GROUP SHOT WITH ALL OF THE SO AND SO"

Sorry I got what I needed

"OH OK WHAT PAPER ARE YOU HERE WITH OH THE JOURNAL WELL THEIR LAST GUY TOOK THE SHOTS IM ASKING FOR"

People just cannot mind their own fucking business sometimes. Take it on board as much as possible OP and try help people but you'll know when someone is just being fucking rude.
>>
>>2846547
>>2846548
The framing on these is fucking awful, your friend may have a point.

Not to say any other features in those 2 shots are redeeming, they look like you just picked up your first dslr and hired walmarts studio room.
>>
You managed to get the subject in the frame, so you've got that going for you. Time to stop focusing on the technical aspects and worry about making the model look good. If that is your best work then you absolutely need to work on framing and direction, not to mention post processing.
>>
>>2846500
>yoga
faggotttt
>>
>>2846500
He was making a reference to your post, dumbass.
>>
>>2846547
>>2846548
Well your framing sucks on these (and that's not to say these are good otherwise), so she probably had a point. Yeah maybe she was rude and couldn't use your camera but you gotta take it seriously anyway.
>>
>>2846461
attention whore less, tripfag
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.