[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MUH MEGAPICKLES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1458407891046.jpg (100 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458407891046.jpg
100 KB, 600x800
So there was a thread on here, a few of them actually, that MEGAPICKLES started about the Trump rally he photographed.

I'm going to a Trump Rally soon, but on the website it says that you can't bring a camera with a detachable lens into the event.

What did Megapickles do? Did they not follow their own rules? Or did you use a camera that didn't have a detachable lens?

And when I go, if they don't let me in because of the camera, should I say fuck it and just stand outside to photograph the violent Bernie supporters?
>>
>>2845549
Megapickels shoots with the R I C O H G R which has a fixed lens. But you should photograph both camps.
>>
>>2845559
What do you mean both camps? Like photograph the Trump Supporters and the ones on the Bernie Gurney?
>>
>>2845561
Yeah, it would be cool to see the Trump and Bernie people. Good luck anon.
>>
>>2845568
Cool, thanks. I'll be at the rally on friday, and going out to Phoenix that night, so I'll probably post them on saturday night or sunday
>>
I went to a rally a while ago and made this same thread.

I brought an FM3a w/ 50mm 1.4 and didn't have any problems. I was hoping it'd be compact enough that they wouldn't stop me. No one even acknowledged it, though.

Once I was in I was surrounded by rabals, so I'm going to go ahead and say you can probably bring in whatever you want as long as the lens doesn't look like a bazooka.

HOWEVER my big takeaway from the operation was that taking photos inside the rally itself was kind of pointless. Get a few, but it's already 1000% under control. The protesters outside are what you really want to go for. They're going to be doing some absurd, asinine stuff, and you need to be there to catch it.

p.s. dill is a C U C K
>>
>>2845549
>can't bring a camera with a detachable lens into the event.

what is the purpose of this rule?

if i super glue my 400mm to my d500 would that qualify it for the event?
>>
>>2845595
Probably to keep """""professionals""""" out. They can't stop smartphone cameras so they had to make a rule and there are a bunch of old people there who probably have compacts. Pretty sure if you brought a 400mm superglued, they'd throw your autistic ass out.
>>
>>2845595
They don't want you making money off of the candidates face?
>>
>>2845605

you don't need a detachable lens camera to do that...
>>
>>2845596
>Probably to keep """""professionals""""" out.
I thought it was to keep the "real professionals" in.
As in, to reserve the best spots for various media outlets and their pet photogs.
Can't have some random paparazzi-tier rabal totting faggots undercut and outsell the real photographers that are already under control and bought and paid for.
>>
>>2845610
There's plenty of opportunity for people to get high photos and video without an interchangable lens camera. But there's a certain kind of douchebag who thinks that just because he bought an expensive telephoto for their big dSLR that they're entitled to the same access that the professionals are. He's the guy at the wedding with big SLR setup who thinks they're the shit but is just fucking things up for the official photog. I can't blame them for banning them from events.
>>
>>2845627

you seem bitter
>>
>>2845610
>>2845610
Best spots? Hardly. The media pens (they are literally pens with a raised platform in the middle so photogs and videographers can at least see over the crowd) are almost always way in the back, for obvious reasons.

Also, it has nothing to do with chodes with Rebels undercutting the pros. Do you think Trump's campaign gives a fuck about the livelihoods of journalists?

Anyways, there's still a chance you can bring your DSLR in. State/city police are usually the ones running the security checkpoint, and a lot of them don't know what they're looking at or simply don't care. Although if you try to bring in a 70-200 lens or something bigger, you're probably not getting in period. And even then, if a member of Trump's security team sees you inside with your DSLR, there's a chance you'll get booted.

Just go to the rally and bring your DSLR. If they won't let you in, you can at least photograph the shit outside. Despite the reports you see in the media, the vast majority of presidential rallies, Trump or otherwise, are peaceful. There probably will be a handful of protesters who get kicked out, but that's about it. It probably depends on the location, too.
>>
>>2845627
That's not it at all. They need to identify who the professionals are in order to have a system in place to corral them, to a certain extent. Also, it would be annoying as fuck and unsafe to have a bunch of videographers and photographers set up where ever they damn well please.
>>
>>2845639
Nope, as >>2845637 said, there are places for credentialed media. They don't need clowns with big setups, the guys with heavy dSLRs and giant teles in there fucking things up ... you know the same people who are "annoying as fuck and unsafe to have a bunch of videographers and photographers set up where ever they damn well please."

>>2845629
No, but if I want to watch Trump speak, it's a lot more annoying if there's a guy with a huge-ass lens blocking my view. And yes I am bitter because I've had to deal with these people who usually carry an attitude.
>>
>>2845653
Most of them do have an attitude. The small town pros are usually rather cool, but those associated with major media outlets are shitheads. While it's still no excuse, I sorta understand why - when covering major events (but not Trump rallies, since everyone is literally in the same boat) it's every man for himself. To get certain shots, you sometimes need to be an asshole.
>>
>>2845594
Yeah I figure I would be better off sticking outside. But I do want to try to get in, just to say that I did. I think the best stuff will happen outside.
>>
File: 953.png (254 KB, 600x905) Image search: [Google]
953.png
254 KB, 600x905
ITT : People terrified because they know their livelihood is coming to an end as they never actually had any discernable skill and can be easily replaced by hobbyists.
>>
>>2845692
I'm not talking about the regular photographers - yeah they're entitled cunts. The rich autists who bring the pro gear are even worse.

>>2846466
Not worried. Thousands of people with smartphones provide more than enough coverage of what goes on at big events. Even though I can't fucking stand the hold the phone up and record shit, that's definitely better than if they had a 400mm SLR lens.
>>
>>2845549
RICOH DUST GR
>>
>>2845595
just get a nikon p900, canon g3x or panasonic fz1000.
>>
>>2845549
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>2846590
We call her Chokahontas over on /pol/, get it? Because her bike lock is choking her?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.