[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open Source Video Editing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: babunt.jpg (93 KB, 740x489) Image search: [Google]
babunt.jpg
93 KB, 740x489
What would you consider to be the best open-source or freeware video editing software?

I am lost and out of touch with the world of video editing.
>>
The only thing coming to mind is lightworks which isn't completely free but lets you do a lot without paying for the full package, it also lets you rent the professional version so I was able to pay a few bucks for one month with it to see if I would like it enough to consider buying outright
>>
>>2843527

Who the fuck cant afford $10 a month? You can literally pay month by month and cancel at any time if needed.
>>
>>2843582
I cant
>>
>>2843527
>DaVinci Resolve
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve
>>
>>2843648
look no further, this is what you're after
>>
>>2843527

Resolve, but if your system can't handle it, Lightwrks still has a free version.
>>
>>2843582
>Getting cucked out of $120 a year by Adobe when they can't even into my Fuji files.

No thanks I'll torrent.
>>
kdenlive
>>
>>2843582
I don't see the offer at $10 a month, what are you talking about?
>>
>>2843582
How old are you? How many kids do you have? What are your societal struggles?

If you think this only applies to "poorfag/brown people", then you need to get out more.

Yes, I can afford $10 a month. I'm looking for freeware for the same reason that I do not look for the newest phone every year.

That reason is that I cum in pussy, like an idiot. Dat shit feel good as fuck though.
>>
>>2844245
>How many kids do you have? What are your societal struggles?
My minority senses are tingling. Whether or not you actually are a poor/brown person, you obviously can afford internet and a camera and both of those are much more expensive than $10 a month. If you want editing software either buy it or pirate it because freeware is mostly shit, not that you are shooting much better than shit anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-09-03-18-44.png (917 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-09-03-18-44.png
917 KB, 720x1280
Guess I'll check out Resolve and Lightworks. Thanks?
>>
>>2844252
>quotes out of context
He just got burned. lol
>>
I use blender.
Then again, it's only for cutting and splicing.
>>
>>2843648
>>2843687
"Studio" is the pro version right? The free version doesn't seem to be available for Linux, that sucks!
>>
>>2844379
>downloaded Linux Version
>For CentOS only
WTF?
Great, so I'll actually have to use Fucking windows?
>>
>>2844254
Lightworks free can only output 720p for youtube and 1080p for vimdeo, so you can't even set your settings
>>
File: Selection_2016-05-22--00-57-03.png (32 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
Selection_2016-05-22--00-57-03.png
32 KB, 496x368
>>2844386
>CentOS
>have to use Fucking windows?
I have always hated redhat that much too.
It's probably about time I had another look at how far redhat has progressed though....
nah
based-debian or gtfo

My video requirements are extremely trivial, mostly just the occasional frame-crop, or timeline trim, so a couple of these have the usual vidya tools, and don't totally suck... until they crash.
avidemux
kdenlive
openshot
pitivi
>>
>>2844386
>For CentOS only
...and of course... linux in a VM usually runs admirably under linux.... and the virtual machine can easily be brutally deleted with the appropriate scorn when it's usefulness has expired
>>
>>2844386

if you care that much about OS you should be using lightwrks pro.
>>
>>2844424
eventually I will, maybe, if I ever need to do a task which I can't with blender.
>>2844417
Add blender to that. It's free, supported by Ubuntu Software center, amazingly versatile.
All you need to do is watch a few videos on how to use it as a video editing software.
I used to use kdenlive a lot, but found blender better for dualbooting (because then i could use the .blend files on WIndows too)
>>
>>2843582
adobe has deposited 10 cents into your account.
A few hundred shitposts later you'll be able to pay for a single month of adobe assraping your wallet for hundreds of dollars a year for little work.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.