[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The selfie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 40
I'd like to discuss the selfie.

Why do people (read as normies) like selfies so much?
Is it to prove you were at the location? Then why not just have someone take your photo?
Does the act of taking the photo yourself make the landscape, monument, view etc. more memorable? Why?
What does putting yourself in the frame add to the photo?
What about the selfie stick? Sometimes selfie sticks can get the camera to spots you can't reach but then you're shooting blind.
Is it a subversion of traditional photography? Ignoring composition and framing and focusing on getting your face in the shot.

In my opinion it seems like selfies are one big "haha look at me, i'm being silly, i'm in the photo with the statue XD". But I think this would wear off fast and thus couldn't explain the growing popularity of the selfie?

Lastly, is there artistic merit to the selfie at all?
>>
>What about the selfie stick? Sometimes selfie sticks can get the camera to spots you can't reach but then you're shooting blind.
Any male who owns a selfie stick is a creep imho. The only thing I've seen them used for is getting upskirt shots.
>>
>>2840058
panty photography is legit art
>>
Max Caulfield here
>>
>>2840042
Its just an extension of the narcissism of todays society.
>>
>>2840042

why do you care...that's like gettin mad because people are gay
>>
You'll notice the best "selfies" aren't about subject/memories as much as composition. There is artistic merit if the photographer is legitmate, but there is absolutely nothing worth discussing about most self portraits.
>>
Personality I like couples selfie
>>
File: selfy (1).jpg (194 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
selfy (1).jpg
194 KB, 682x1024
>>2840042
>Then why not just have someone take your photo?
In the days before manufacturers started putting cameras in telephones that is exactly what people used to do. I can remember taking pictures for people long before the internet and digital cameras existed.

It used to be a bit embarrassing having a big expensive camera in your hand and not knowing how to operate their point and shoots. Selfy sticks have relieved me of that at least although it did lead to some delightful encounters.

But the most important thing, for those that use them, is that selfy sticks are cheap and fun. I don't think they need to be anything more than that.
>>
>>2840104
I'm not mad, just curious. I am a photog and its bizarre people prefer to selfies when a traditional photo is almost objectively better.
>>
>>2840042

I kind of hate smartphone selfies because the distortion is usually so nuts that ears disappear. I say if you are going to be vain, go all the way baby.
>>
>>2840042
>>2840072
People have been getting their picture taken on vacation/in interesting spots for literally forever. Anyone that hates the selfie or says "hurr durr narcissistic millennials!" is so autistic and is trying really hard to not be part of the societal norm because for some reason they think they are better than everyone else.
Theres absoluetly nothing wrong with someone, a: wanting to improve their ideas of their self in a picture that makes them look good
or b: wanting to have a picture of a memory when they went to that cool place in that one country.
Stop being so bitter and caring about if someones snapshot of them on vacation has "artistic merit"
>>
>>2840042
>"haha look at me, i'm being silly, i'm in the photo with the statue XD"
Dude people have done this shit for as long as statues were a thing. Selfies are mindless fun that 'proves' you were at a location or with someone. I don't think a selfie can be artistic as the term, to me, denotes a snapshot with no or very little thought put into it. A self-portrait or something could definitely be art. But we're splitting hairs here.
>>
>>2840058
or holding their phone/cam in front of them from a distance while they travel so they can film themselves doing shit
>>
File: hw.jpg (150 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hw.jpg
150 KB, 960x540
>>2840042
I love when "my girls" selfies pop up on my Facebook feed. It helps me keeps track of their uhh....development and advancement in life. I don't think more than a very few selfies are "artistic" but many are certainly uhh... entertaining, especially their bikini/beach selfies.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
File: ss2.jpg (312 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
ss2.jpg
312 KB, 540x960
>>2840212
Most of them started sharing on social media at about 12 in middle school, and consequently had been photographed by themselves and each other so much that they were very comfortable posing for a "real" photographer.
>>
>>2840212
Exactly. All I care about is them having a good time so that I can... have a good time as well.
>>
File: zm.jpg (496 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
zm.jpg
496 KB, 960x960
>>2840215
The class of 2016 here is just gorgeous beyond comprehension. One hundred and seventy girls who look like a Miss Universe competition. A bunch of them started working as models as far back as elementary school. It will be sad to see them all graduate this Saturday and go their separate ways. Hope they keep up with spring break selfies.
>>
>>2840238
Im very much looking forward to their future endeavors. I for one am very excited to see some of them break into the "film" career, either amateur or professionally
>>
File: DSC_6634.jpg (326 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6634.jpg
326 KB, 1000x662
Can I have a word?

So, my job is as a 'party photographer', and with students selfies are like the way they have to share what they are doing and where they are. I myself don't like selfies, and I've become a photographer in parties because I hated being photographed and I like to be where my friends are. Strange thing is, when you get close to people in parties they want a memory with you too! And I had no other choice than to take selfies with a fucking DSLR because of it, and worse, I had lost a job last year because I didn't upload to the event my selfies with some random people in some random college event!

I don't know if it's some kind of status to be friend with the photographer, so they call me for selfies regularly

For the normies who work with it, this selfie thing can be nice and fun at all! In one party, a jap qt3.14 asked for a selfie, a time after we talked about why I rather Nikon and shit, so when I was going to take the selfie, this happen. Nice desu

the selfie went shit because you just can't concentrate

damn, I miss that girl and that party tho

Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
>>2840062
There's some tech behind it, I'll give them that.
>>
>>2840063
I'm glad someone else appreciates that game. It gets a lot of shit for being tumblr tier, but it made me realise photography can be art.
>>
What the fuck is this autismal shit?
>>
just the ego masturbating
>>
>>2840250
you look like dogshit
>>
>>2840042
>Why do people (read as normies) like selfies so much?
Normies like to look at others and say ''wow thats a great pic of you ! '' or other shit like that.
>Is it to prove you were at the location? Then why not just have someone take your photo?
yes, maybe the pepe is insecure
>Is it a subversion of traditional photography? Ignoring composition and framing and focusing on getting your face in the shot.
Self-portrait ? and there is composition.
>is there artistic merit to the selfie at all?
maybe, pop-art ?
>>
>>2840172

The reason people take selfies is to show how special they are or what they're currently doing. It's about them and only them.
>>
>>2840250
bro. u got some shit in your earlobe. u might wanna get it checked.
>>
>>2840042
"selfies" are trite compositionless bullshit.

The subject is themselves, and there is literally no artistic merit. A "Selfie" is "LOOK AT ME" and the background and everything else in frame comes secondary. However, you have to realize that many people these days consider themselves "Photographers" because they take pictures of themselves on their phones.
You live in a society that values their own ego over all other things, anyone will attribute whatever title they think will give them more value as a human without worrying about how the whole population views them. If they get 10+ likes on a picture, they are a photographer; get 100+ views on a video, you are a professional Youtuber.

The only thing you can do is ignore these cancerous people, no matter what you think of them they will continue to feed themselves and other sheeple will follow them because they are told to. You need to make the choice Anon, be a human being who wants to communicate your own artistic vision, or become a normie doing things only to fulfill someone else's expectations like this >>2840250 guy.
>WOW I GOT KISSD ONCE, THIS IS SO FULFILLING.
I'm so sorry that you can't actually connect with people on a deeper level anon.
>>
Itt: people with autism and low selfsteen which need to blame selfies of another because of its own failure.

Selfies exists, people take selfies, since when photography is only for the elite? Grow up.
>>
File: 59-1205.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
59-1205.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
Why did she take so many selfies if there was no social media to display them on?
>>
People desire constant ego affirmation, and by including their own face in a photo of something else, it makes them feel like they're getting complimented whenever somebody likes or comments on the photo, even if it's actually about the thing they're posing next to and not their face itself.
>>
What a stupid thing to get annoyed about. Get that autistic stick out of your ass
>>
>>2840338
>The subject is themselves, and there is literally no artistic merit
But seflies aren't about "muh art." They're intended to be a snapshit to share with friends and nothing more.
>>
>>2840452
OP here, I didnt' mean mirror selfies, i meant turning your camera around (or using the front-facing camera)

>>2840447
Yes we're all aware that selfies exist, people take them and photography is for the masses, but I made the thread to ask why selfies are so popular in photography
>>
>>2840540
yes but why snapshit you and (for example) a mountain landscape instead of just the mountain landscape?
>>
>>2840549
Because the people taking selfies aren't trying to capture the mountain landslide. They're capturing the experience and the concept that they were there.

Your goals are not everyone's goals. Your values are not universal.
>>
>>2840549
for the same reason people take photos of their friends

to look back in 20 years time and be able to pinpoint exactly when in your life it was and have much more vivid memories of the experience than just looking at one of 600 identical photos that could've been taken in a 15 year window for all you remember
>>
>>2840263
man are you me?
'cause that sounds [spoiler] hella [/spoiler] like me
>>
>>2840063
My thoughts exactly
>>
File: o-1909-570.jpg (93 KB, 570x873) Image search: [Google]
o-1909-570.jpg
93 KB, 570x873
Selfies have existed for as long as we've had cameras, if not any kind of recording medium. The advancement of the recording technology has just made it easier for it to be done with more frequency.

smaller cameras = no need for tripods
digital cameras = no worries of wasted shots
flip out screens = more reliable framing
smartphones = always with you camera
>>
Self Portrait = This is me, I'm a serious artist and this is a deep and meaningful picture of how I feel about myself at this moment in time. I look cool

Selfy = This is me having a bit of harmless fun. No fucks given
>>
File: 1461485546103.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1461485546103.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>2840128
>Downtown taking photos a couple years back
>An Asian family asks me to take their photo since my Canon A-1 with winder apparently made me look like the most pro person in the area
>The dad hands me an A99 with the either the 28-75 f/2.8 or 24-70 Zeiss
>Didn't really know how to digital cameras, let alone Sony cameras since I was a film only poorfag at the time
>Took some decent holiday snaps for them, but the thought of fumbling around with the dials trying to figure out a camera on the spot with a family waiting to have their picture taken will always haunt me
>>
>>2840949
You know what gets me the most? How nobody ever coined the term "selfie" up until very recently. It was "self portrait" no matter the format for many decades, yet the whole idea of using a cell phone has seemed to shorten a phrase into its own word. Or at the least, a point-and-shoot.
>>
>>2841014
The proliferation of internet access and emergence of social media (another term that probably never existed until this century,) helped push that term. Self portraits long existed, but with no rapid sharing medium there was no need for a quick, trendy term to arise.
>>
It's the infatuation of people with themselves. There aren't many things more egocentric than taking a picture some famous landmark and sticking yourself in front of it - essentially saying "I am the most important thing in the world, and I know it".

I don't think it's some sort of conscious narcissism, there's a reason it goes hand-in-hand with social media. People are obsessed with image, particularly that of themselves since it's so reflective nowadays.
>>
>>2841256
>There aren't many things more egocentric than taking a picture some famous landmark and sticking yourself in front of it

I think taking a picture of yourself and pretending its art is considerably more vain and conceited. Selfies on social media are just the modern day equivalent of a picture postcard; "Having a great time, wish you were here," sort of thing.
>>
>>2841256
Photos of you and your friends/family in front of memorable things has been around as long as photography has been around. It's nothing to do with self importance, and has everything to do with the purpose of the photo. They aren't there to document the existence of the Eiffel Tower, they're taking the photo to have a memory of them and their friends in front of the thing, and to show other people what they did on their trip there.

How fucking egocentric is this board, jesus christ.
>>
>>2840042
>Why do people (read as normies) like selfies so much?
So they can share what they were doing on facebook
>Is it to prove you were at the location?
yes, sometimes. Other times its for vanity reasons.
>Then why not just have someone take your photo?
Sometimes there isnt another person
>Does the act of taking the photo yourself make the landscape, monument, view etc. more memorable? Why?
Yes because there is a feeling of creation. You are still making art.
>What does putting yourself in the frame add to the photo?
Depends on the purpose of the photo.
>What about the selfie stick? Sometimes selfie sticks can get the camera to spots you can't reach but then you're shooting blind.
Yeah! How about that?
>Is it a subversion of traditional photography? Ignoring composition and framing and focusing on getting your face in the shot.
its a style of portrait photography
>In my opinion it seems like selfies are one big "haha look at me, i'm being silly, i'm in the photo with the statue XD". But I think this would wear off fast and thus couldn't explain the growing popularity of the selfie?
Its less about photography and more about the culture of social media."haha im in the photo lol" goes quite a long way.
>Lastly, is there artistic merit to the selfie at all?
yes, Sometimes.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image Width3825
Image Height5264
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2013:08:17 17:17:49
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width900
Image Height682
>>
>>2840338
>writing all this shit about how "hurr selfie isn't art!!!"
>Not realising that not every photograph if supposed to be art
>>
>>2840549
So you can look back and laugh at how young you were, and how stupid your hair cut was.

A photo album of nicely composed landscapes is fine, but others will want to see you in some of the photos.

My mom actually got annoyed when I went to Canada and took 0 photos of myself. I took photos of landscapes, buildings etc but didn't bother to take photos with me in them.
>>
>>2840132
>I am a photog

Big claims here son, didn't realize people in this wasteland actually stopped arguing about shitty old cameras long enough to take photos
>>
>>2840042
>Does the act of taking the photo yourself make the landscape, monument, view etc. more memorable? Why?
theres a social element, seeing a happy familliar face makes the experience of a photo more relatable. composition and light comes secondhand to feeling like you're interacting with a person.
>>
>>2840212
>>2840214
>>2840215
>>2840238
please tell me you are all trolling
>>
I'm too lazy to read this thread so I'll just say that OP was taken in Zurich.
>>
>>2843151

>trolling on /p/

Please...
>>
File: 1463657980867.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463657980867.gif
1 MB, 300x300
They're social currency
>>
mirror at arm's length
i demand you notice me
a new phone next year
>>
>>2840172
I agree that people have been getting their picture taken by others in interesting places forever.

But you have to admit that when you see a girl in a random place making 100 different retarded faces into her phone screen for the sole purpose of posting the best one on twitter and showing everyone how "random" she is, there's a different phenomenon at work there than when someone asks you to take their picture on the edge of the grand canyon.
>>
>>2841692
>>lastly, is there any artistic merit at all
>yes, sometimes
elaborate or dont bother answering at all
>>
>>2840452
This is a self-portrait. There's a difference.
>>
>>2840966
It's not harmless. It's psychologically damaging.
>>
File: 59.jpg (98 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
98 KB, 640x636
>>2843151
Despite your earnest request, in all truthfulness I am unable to tell you that I was trolling. I went to a church service with the 170 girls last night, and some were even taking selfies in church.

Other than their addiction to social media, I have to admit they are an awesome group, full of personality, and they looked really great last night, every one wearing a white dress and white high heels.

They were nicknamed "The Beauty Bunch" by their elementary school principal (and she was a woman). Just an unbelievable proportion of really, really, really good-looking chicks. When they all hit puberty, we literally felt the shift of the Earth's gravitational field. I started photographing some of them at ages 7 and 8 to the present, and have about seven thousand photos of them. One thing I also find a bit curious and eerie is that they all have such perfect teeth and smiles, like a Stepford Wives thing.
>>
>>2843334
That's just your hebephilia talking, don't worry it's natural.
>>
File: nobraces.jpg (73 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
nobraces.jpg
73 KB, 750x750
>>2843336
Is it still considered hebe if they are now all 17 or 18? Not that they weren't hot long before this year.

I saw them all together, possibly for the last time, yesterday at their high school graduation. There were 177 of them, and they received $14.8 million in college scholarships. Not only beautiful but also smart chicks. Very demanding college prep school, but 89 of them graduated with 4.0 gpas or better. Some National Merit scholars.

Their continued selfies/posts allow me to fondly remember their epic parties, dances and generally great times... So here is the latest selfie, acquired a few minutes ago. She posted to show that she got her braces off.
>>
>>2845212
She looks like robin from himym
>>
>>2840058
Someone post that video of the guy rolling through an airport on his heely's while holding a stick
>>
>>2845375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVbtVQ2BXvs
nvm found it
>>
File: Capture8.jpg (60 KB, 856x512) Image search: [Google]
Capture8.jpg
60 KB, 856x512
>>2845233
I had no idea who you meant until I googled Robin, since I have never seen that television show. I see where you might see some resemblance. For some reason this girl has always made me think of a mini-petite Cindy Crawford. She was just a skinny little girl until she was suddenly visited by the Fairy Godmother of Heavenly Bodies. You know what can be better than them posting selfies? Their vids.

PhotographerUser 1
>>
>>2845586
Looks like shit.
>>
>>2845212
Whos that girl anon? Would like to see more of her.
>>
>>2845376
how the hell does he keep it so steady
>>
File: LLe.jpg (486 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
LLe.jpg
486 KB, 1024x1024
>>2846936
She is one of the gaggle of extraordinary local schoolgirls I have mentioned earlier in the thread. Some are Facebook friends of mine. I find their selfies and other sharing to be quite entertaining. I may be doing a shoot with her soon.

Both her mother and father were professional fashion models internationally. I don't think I should mention any names here. Note: She is 17 now. >>2845586 was right about her 15th birthday...
>>
>>2847238
Sweet more of her please

Btt: why the hate for Selfies? As a person who take a lot of them i like them. Is a expression of emotion not just "hurf look im in paris heres a big metal dil*o". A picture says more then thousand words. Most recent selfie was in the morning. Tired as fuck as i woke up i sent it to a girlfriend of mine explaining its gonna be a shit day cause im tired as balls. She saw it mention it "oh anon you look sleepy" yeah. So its not just to say hurr im here. As a Sozial worker there are a few points in sozial media where you have to ask yourself who you and and who you want to be. If you know that you need pictures of you and now guess who will take the shots? You looking good you make a selfie; you bored, selfie. a nice view, selfie. Something funny, selfie. And on and on. Even picasso did self portrais cause he wanted pics of himself so whats the problem with it? Modern tech made it easy so why not. Look at that few selfies here all looking good. I think more selfies of pretty girls are a win for us all.
>>
File: LL3.jpg (59 KB, 560x764) Image search: [Google]
LL3.jpg
59 KB, 560x764
>>2847443
I had not seen her for about 8 months, so found it very odd indeed that I should run into her in the mall on Monday, the day after I posted her pic here. Her hair has gotten so long that she almost sits on it. Here is a snip from one of her earlier vids. Before her braces she had an adorable gap between her front teeth. I have not photographed her since she was 12 and wasn't packing that body yet, so it is definitely overdue.

She would be in my favorites, my "dirty dozen" of the girls, but the thing that I find truly astounding is that there are very literally a hundred of them in the group who are legit model tier. When I was young there were maybe a handful of girls of that quality. If I was a young dude today trying to decide which one to chase, my head would spin around until it flew off. Dozens of them have done some legit model work. This girl did her first tv commercial at the age of 3.

PhotographerUser 1
>>
File: hh.jpg (220 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
220 KB, 960x720
>>2847602
For example, here is another one. Some of the photos they post are otherwise very interesting. It has even occurred to me to make a thread here dedicated to sharing some of their pics, but I am sure the gearfags would just shit on it.
>>
>>2847602

I would love to know her name anon. She seems to be a girl with something special tjat i like about her. Would love to see more selfies of her.
>>
>>2847605
>something special tjat i like about her.
She's an underage girl with her mouth open. Nobody is unsure about what you like about her.
>>
>>2847604
Posting a bunch of selfies taken by teen girls is not what this board is for. Try >>>/s/. Post photos that you take OF them, because this is a photography board, not a hot jail bait board.
>>
>>2847611
bloody hell anon. i was talking of her in general not just that picture. I dont mind that in a sexually context. Its something unique about her. Would say thats why she's a model.
>>
File: 37.jpg (175 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
175 KB, 720x960
>>2847612
Well, this thread was "to discuss the selfie", so I posted and discussed a few selfies. When there is a thread for portraits of beautiful girls, then I may decide to share one or two.

There are often threads that stay up here for long periods of time that are just pure drivel, so let's not get too elitist, or the board won't move at all.

When I say I have thought of sharing some of their pics, I don't mean simply selfies or pics of pretty girls. I mean pics that I find show some creativity and/or aesthetics, more so than many of the technically "better" pics often posted here. They have interesting pics of themselves feeding squirrels, petting sharks, nuzzling dolphins, and riding horses, elephants and camels. Here, for example, is one that is not simply a selfie or just hot jailbait.
>>
>>2845586

Why not, say, post the video link?
>>
>>2847624
1. It would ID her.
2. I don't think it is still posted anyway. Sry.
If someone points a video camera at themselves, is it considered a "selfie"?
>>
File: 2016-01-30_16.45.59.jpg (222 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_16.45.59.jpg
222 KB, 1280x855
I only post selfies with a remote app on my tablet

Pic related
>>
>>2847666
wait are you who i think you are
>>
File: 3915.jpg (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3915.jpg
124 KB, 500x375
Bumping with this selfie of two more of the girls, since the blonde shown here is taking me to lunch today for my birthday. This is not a flattering pic of her, but she seldom if ever takes selfies. As you can see, it was snapped by her friend. Has amazing eyes that can change color and often spontaneously dialate when she is indoors, making her pupils huge and her irises almost non-existent.

Her first print ad was when she was 2. Her mother, sister, aunt and two cousins were working models as well. Just a very attractive family.
>>
>>2847666
>>2848108
Well, who do you think he is?
>>
>>2848359
lmao
>>
>>2847623
I like it.

People be hatin' on taking pictures of yourself, man.

If the word "selfie" just means an image of oneself, then there's nothing wrong with it. If you can add some creativity and artistic merit to it as well, even better.

Just like, my opinion, man.
>>
File: mc3.jpg (118 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
mc3.jpg
118 KB, 960x720
I had a few minutes to scroll through some of the photos of the local girls and found this gem - underwater with a selfie stick. Hard to believe they are 16 or 17 here.
>>
>>2849044

how many have you smashed?

if 0, kill yourself.
>>
>>2847666
Rep'n dat \//\/ Casey?
>>
>>2849056
Look at the way he writes dude, if English is his first language he's an obvious permavirgin, and he mentioned GPAs earlier so he's almost definitely a yank
Also:
>posting 17 year old Facebook friends' selfies on /p/
>not a creepy af virgin
>>
>>2843316
>This is a self-portrait. There's a difference.

.. which is?
>>
>>2847623

Jesus fucking christ anon where do you live that all the girls are so thin, white, and hot?
>>
>>2849164

one is taken with le serious face tlr while the other is taken with pleb tier mobile phone.
>>
>>2843317
>It's psychologically damaging.
only to you
>>
File: catgirl.jpg (40 KB, 330x492) Image search: [Google]
catgirl.jpg
40 KB, 330x492
>>2849056
Of course I cannot answer, because of ....reasons, but let's just say that there is no need for me to kill myself in response either. This one used to enjoy pretending she was an animal, mostly a cat. Meow.

PhotographerUser 1
>>
File: 1326.jpg (83 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
1326.jpg
83 KB, 405x720
>>2849172
Not ALL of them are. But there is one particular school class here that has had an unbelievable number of absolutely gorgeous girls. There is a great variety, from very petite girls to girls who are more than 6 feet tall, and from girls who were sneaking out of the house at night at an early age to girls who are 18 and have never been kissed.

Here is another of the graduation selfies from this past week. This girl was a very cute little swimwear model as a 10 year old.

>>
File: 1106.jpg (179 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1106.jpg
179 KB, 720x720
>>2849662
An this one lived across the street from her.

Camera SoftwareEmbettered by PicMonkey. http://www.picmonkey.com
Image Created2015:05:25 09:55:54
>>
File: rm.jpg (58 KB, 428x383) Image search: [Google]
rm.jpg
58 KB, 428x383
>>2849662
Some of them are also very funny: "I don't dress up for boys. I dress up to look at my reflection in store windows when I'm shopping."

This blonde once said, "People wouldn't skip school so much if only the chair seats weren't as hard as a porn star's dick." Seriously. She was 15.

>>
File: dte.jpg (73 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
dte.jpg
73 KB, 960x960
>>2849662
Anyhow, I thought some of you might be amused by a few of their selfies. I will shut up now.
>>
There's nothing wrong with selfies aside from the fact that people do a really good job of looking retarded or pathetically vain in them. And maybe that the word is annoying.

If you compose it right, it doesn't even need to look like you're taking one.
>>
>>2843187
bescht kanton, fuck da rest
>>
>>2849642

did you cum inside her?
>>
File: 5339.jpg (242 KB, 920x613) Image search: [Google]
5339.jpg
242 KB, 920x613
This one is my absolute favorite young model, but not part of the same school class as the recent graduates - she will be going to 8th grade in the Fall. The most graceful human being I have ever seen. I will be taking her to a sports event tomorrow. We are planning a ballet shoot with her sister and >>2845212
>>
>>2851324
you're fucking creepy, pls go
>>
>>2851431
Concurred o__o;;
>>
File: Zürcherprobleme.jpg (26 KB, 377x469) Image search: [Google]
Zürcherprobleme.jpg
26 KB, 377x469
>>2850735
>>
>>2849173
ah.
>>
>>2840042

The most interesting thing to look back on for a lot of people is themselves at a younger age.
>>
>>2840042
People love looking at themselves through a wide angle lens. It gives them a confirmation why they think they are ugly.
>>
File: 11011e.jpg (359 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
11011e.jpg
359 KB, 960x960
>>2851431
Jelly much?

The girls say, "Hello!" They are enjoying summertime. My favorite is the one on the far right in the purple bikini. With a body like that she could still run 2 miles in 11 minutes for the cross country team. Made running a great spectator sport.
>>
File: chiplips.jpg (329 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
chiplips.jpg
329 KB, 960x539
So while I am here, have another of their creative selfies.
>>
>>2841256
>There aren't many things more egocentric than taking a picture some famous landmark and sticking yourself in front of it - essentially saying "I am the most important thing in the world, and I know it".
You're so deep in internet culture and you don't even realize it. These people don't take the picture for you or for the entire world to see them instead of the landmark. Just like generations before them have posed on front of landmarks these people are documenting their personal memories. What they did when and with whom. The fact that these pictures aren't any longer just put in a box or book and looked at by those family members who are close enough to have access to the book, most likely those who where there with them, doesn't change anything about why they take the pictures. Its not to cover up this seemingly important landmark. Have you ever looked at a facebook feed and thought "my if only they weren't in front of the Eiffel tower so I could see it more clealry"? There's 4293499 pictures of that damn landmark on the internet, there's only one of a person you care about in front of it.
>>
>>2857029
Yup.
Most of the contemporary "fffff, why do they even.." comes because it's popular to be a sanctimonious cunt these days. They don't want to understand, they just want to speak shit about other people because that's how modern niggers talk themselves up. By inferring self-superiority to that which they aren't qualified to comprehend.
Nerds and jocks was a previous equivalent.
>>
>>2857029
thank you
>>
>>2840042
who cares?

getting all worked up over someone else spending a few seconds posing for a picture is pointless, it wasn't meant for me or you and they certainly wouldn't care about your views of "artistic merit" or how badly it was framed or composed

>>2857029 said everything i was going to say in much more detail
>>
>>2840042
Basic narcissism
>>
>>2848901
casemods, a spammer from /fa/ who has been gone for like a year but is now back
>>
>>2840042
Maybe if you weren't ugly as shit, you'd understand.
>>
File: mondays.jpg (149 KB, 995x637) Image search: [Google]
mondays.jpg
149 KB, 995x637
Monday. I have work to do. Bleh. But here is another one of the beauty bunch. Always a lot of tongue action in their selfies. Hate it when they are one-eyed-jacks though.

PhotographerUser 1
>>
>>2840042
Because when they upload the picture to their instagram and facebook their face is in there. They will get more likes by their friends and in return use those likes as 'proof' of themselves being pretty. So in the end it's a trick to make themselves feel better. Just like all girls feel obligated to like all the pictures of their close friends and tell them how pretty they are so in return their friends will do that for them.
>>
File: al.jpg (109 KB, 1028x483) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
109 KB, 1028x483
My observations of the beauty bunch from very early on is that they do not post for their parents, family, or guys. Their photos are absolutely intended for the OTHER GIRLS. It is a not entirely subtle method of establishing and reinforcing a social pecking order within the group, which clearly started well before they were ten years old. As you may imagine, these girls are from relatively well-off, if not entirely wealthy families. While they all know and greet each other and have had school classes together, like any large group they tend to form subgroups or cliques consisting of anywhere from a handful to a dozen or so. It is somewhat rare to see as many as the 18 shown above really socializing together out of school, though I usually invited 60 or so to my pool parties, and of course there were as many as 500 or 600 at school dances.
They have posted photos of their new Mercedes-Benz SUV 16th birthday gift with "My parents are the greatest!", along with photos of themselves with Justin Bieber, One Direction, Selena Gomez, Bella Thorne, Quentin Taratino, etc. Or pics of themselves, yes, in front of that Eiffel Tower and other international landmarks. You get the picture. I do admire one girl who refused the gift of a Porsche convertible because she really didn't want the attention that came with it, preferring a Volkswagen bug.
Showing off their affluence is only one aspect. It applies equally to showing off their beauty and fitness in order to get responses from the other girls like "OMG, so gorge!" and "You really need to work out more (to a girl whose bikini shows off her fantastic abs)." It's all about tallying social points within their group, and I would think that this applies to adults who I see posting vacation selfies. Some of them will continue the competition, but some have confided that they are glad to be leaving for college and really don't care if they see the others again.
This one is BFFs with >>2845212

PhotographerUser 1
>>
Selfies are slowly fading into obscurity
>>
File: nwetc.jpg (182 KB, 539x747) Image search: [Google]
nwetc.jpg
182 KB, 539x747
Have a great Tuesday, /p/. I am going to play tennis with a couple of the girls. Here are some more you haven't seen yet. The one on the right reminds me of Katherine Heigl.
>>
>>2840042
duck lips and confused expression about sum up the selfie.
>>
>>2858156
East coast or west coast?
>>
Selfies feed the same part of your ego that made you write you name on your friend's notebooks and pencil cases and bathroom walls as a kid. That's all.
>>
File: 1133.jpg (267 KB, 1148x854) Image search: [Google]
1133.jpg
267 KB, 1148x854
Midnight and just quit a long day of work. Bleh. So, more of the bunch. These would be considered more or less average, except for the selfie-taker (in the black top).
>>
File: bf.jpg (307 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
bf.jpg
307 KB, 960x960
And why not another?
>>
File: bbesx75.jpg (188 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
bbesx75.jpg
188 KB, 720x540
Girl on right has an incredible sister, but I don't have a selfie of her. Many of them have attractive sisters, in some cases two or even three.

So, in conclusion, selfies do serve a photographic purpose. While maybe not art, they do document one's activities at a moment in time, and allow me (and their other acquaintances) to indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events.

Camera SoftwareEmbettered by PicMonkey. http://www.picmonkey.com
Image Created2016:06:06 10:08:50
>>
>>2859471
>So, in conclusion, selfies do serve a photographic purpose. While maybe not art, they do document one's activities at a moment in time, and allow me (and their other acquaintances) to indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events.

> While maybe not art, they do document one's activities at a moment in time
Masturbation

>and allow me ... to indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events
Masturbation

Therefore, selfies exist solely for masturbatory purposes.
>>
>>2840128
It was always a lot of fun in the third world. Especially Arabs loved the scam where they take the camera hostage and demand payment.
>>
File: sk.jpg (71 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
sk.jpg
71 KB, 720x960
>>2859485
Unlike most of /p/, I actually know women in real life and I've also gotten to see some of these beauties nude, which beats the heck out of selfies. However, one of these three does have on her Facebook a delightful and revealing photograph with some potential - herself nude in a bubble bath.
>>
>>2859496
Why exactly did you respond? You didn't refute my point, you just tried to call me a "virgin" in so many words. Then again, you've been shitposting to bump this thread the entire time with photos that were very likely scalped off FB either through some bot program or amateur selfie site.
>>
File: vin_farm.jpg (38 KB, 425x388) Image search: [Google]
vin_farm.jpg
38 KB, 425x388
>>2859485
Yeah right, it's all masturbation. Haha, look at these here furiously masturbating. Why would you ever create a memento of events in your life, what a waste.
>>
>>2859502
You seem to be confused, portraits are not "selfies"
>>
>>2859505
You seem to be making arbitrary differentiations.
>>
>>2859518
You seem to be completely incorrect and off base.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.