[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you avoid looking like a big loser taking phtoos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: point.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
point.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
hi /p/

how do you avoid looking like a giant gaylord in public when taking pictures?

squatting around everywhere, squinting into the viewfinder, adjusting the lens, raising this giant, loud chunk of equipment to your head with slings and straps wagging around everywhere

it makes a pretty bad scene

how do you avoid taking pics like this
>>
I don't.

I also add farts to the mix for good measure.
>>
File: Stances.jpg (154 KB, 458x1757) Image search: [Google]
Stances.jpg
154 KB, 458x1757
You don't. Stop being so self conscious and just shoot.
>>
look up spotlight effect and stop caring so much about others
>>
either you care about getting the shot or you care about fitting in but you cant do both
>>
>>2838748
I'm a sexy motherfucker who only gets inquisitive looks from strangers. I hardly have to try to get good photos, and bitches always complement my camera. Life as a photographer is ez anon.
>>
>he thinks anybody cares about him taking photos

as long as you don't get in people's face literally nobody cares about you
>>
File: 2924989_160130173716_7dii.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2924989_160130173716_7dii.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
You need to buy a strap in order to look cool

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
get a leica, people on the street talk to you when you have a leica it's kinda weird.
>>
Wear a kilt.
>>
>>2838748
>giant, loud chunk of equipment
Buy a Fuji :^)
>>
>>2838837

but I want to avoid looking like a giant gaylord in public.
>>
I'm look like a complete dork even without clumsy heap of equipment. So there are not any reasons to not to shoot some dog crap with artsy bokeh.
>>
Goddamit, just act like you are supposed to be taking photos.

Looking like a big loser is 99% attitude, 1% looks.
>>
File: 567.jpg (44 KB, 311x480) Image search: [Google]
567.jpg
44 KB, 311x480
I find this works great.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width640
Image Height480
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:14 12:26:54
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width311
Image Height480
>>
>>2838755
If you're not taking pictures like in the last image. You're doing it very very wrong.

>That power stance
>Showing off your glute strength
> perfect posture
> Show off booty to qts
>>
The same way you avoid looking like a big loser in general
>>
>>2838988
>The same way you avoid looking like a big loser in general
i need tips for this too
>>
>>2839292
Take a shower
Get a haircut
Shave
Wear clean clothing that fits (Maybe a button-up shirt, and some shoes that aren't tennis shoes)
Stand up straight
Look people in the eye
>>
>>2839292
just b urself senpai
>>
>>2838748
>squinting into the viewfinder
You're doing it wrong. Either learn to shoot with both eyes open, one uncovered or shoot with left eye like I do.

Also, people don't give a fuck. Photography, like most forms of art, is considered sexy. If you don't look like a stupid tourist taking holiday snaps and getting in people's way, you'll just be ignored at worst.
>>
shoot film. it dignifies the photographer.

anyone carrying a dslr in public looks like the biggest loser. anyone carrying a mirrorless looks like a sissy cu.ck or a tourist. everyone can confirm this.
>>
>>2839363
As if anyone is looking at your camera close enough to tell the difference between a typical film and a mirrorless. Don't be delusional, no one cares what camera you are carry. Unless you are trying to get in the pants of art students, then carry on.
>>
>>2839378
t. Someone who never gets stopped on the street by people who want to talk to him about his camera just because it's film
>>
>>2839363
A friend of mine borrowed my A7 to cover a gig since he sold his D3200 a couple weeks before, and he was telling me about how he had at least a couple people ask him if it was film because it looked "retro". Tippest kek if you ask me, and shows that the only people that actually would care about your camera is other people that actually know about cameras.
>>
>>2839467
People asking if a Sony A7 is a film camera don't know about cameras.
>>
>>2838748
i went out street shooting today and some shrill, fat baby boomer women started yelling me for 'being a cad'

thanks a lot for the advice /p/
>>
Sometimes you have to suffer for your art.
>>
>>2838783
>people
faggot hipsters don't count as people
>>
>>2842303
you have to suffer for everything good due to an obvious law FAB=-FBA
that is why the comfortable public shooters likely suck, a lot.
>>
File: 1462644584706.jpg (24 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1462644584706.jpg
24 KB, 277x296
>>2839363
>>
>>2842308
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
>>
File: file.png (21 KB, 138x143) Image search: [Google]
file.png
21 KB, 138x143
>>2842316
>implying anyone will read this wall of autistic text
>>
>>2838777
Definitely helps, anyone using the standard strap, especially around their neck, is a tourist and/or retarded.
>>
>>2842318
Hipster might have made sense in 2007 so I sort of agree with >>2842316
>>
>>2842316

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.