[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this glowing "golden" look by photographer kat irlin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: kat-look.jpg (462 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
kat-look.jpg
462 KB, 1500x1500
this glowing "golden" look by photographer kat irlin (kat_in_nyc).. how does she do it? really enjoy it.. calming sensual mystical

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:02 10:59:15
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1500
>>
>>2829547
Go away Kat

Soft light and lifted + tinted shadows. Do you see how everything that should be black isn't black?
>>
Yellow lightbulbs?
>>
>>2829555
i like that effect (black is not really black but gray)
>>
yellow shadows at post, and, muted tones also for this "vsco" effect
>>
File: test-look-aw16.jpg (171 KB, 1841x1026) Image search: [Google]
test-look-aw16.jpg
171 KB, 1841x1026
thx for all inputs, i tried it out in PS on a couple of recent images i took. however, my attempt to make it "yellow/gold" like kat didnt really work when i realized im working on a autumn winter campaign.. it should be more cold i think.. attached is a quick test (really unedited, not finished, just trying looks).. the far right is currently my preferable choice of "look" on the rest of the images.. or somewhat at least.. what do you guys think?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:05:02 17:24:47
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1841
Image Height1026
>>
>>2829705
nice photo, but as it's autumn the best is to keep this cold. nice tone you get

try to warm the WB also, should help
>>
>>2829708
>nice tone you get
>>2829705
>what are skin tones?
Are you trying to make zombie pictures? Bro you are working on a campaign, don't you want the fashion to look the way it does in the store? The color difference between the clothes is huge, in the middle the jacket has a yellow tint, on the left it is blue. That's two completely different jackets.
>>
>>2829711
I agree, just use a mask OP and simpson his face
>>
use a gradient map to map a skin highlight and shadow, throw in a slightly saturated midpoint and then mask it in where needed
>>
File: aw-16-teaase.png (1 MB, 991x1183) Image search: [Google]
aw-16-teaase.png
1 MB, 991x1183
>>2829711
>>2829991
>>2829997
thx all but guys i havent begun with my retouching. i just wanted to throw a quick filter-look to have somethng to guide me onwards later on in the final steps when setting the "look". of course the majority of clothes etc right now is wrongly colored and lightened. i can post final result later. anyway... if people have advise on good autumn winter menswear campaigns/lookbooks to be inspired by please post! thanks
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.