[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi there /p/eeps, an acquaintance of mine just asked me to shoot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: b.png (128 KB, 3000x867) Image search: [Google]
b.png
128 KB, 3000x867
Hi there /p/eeps,

an acquaintance of mine just asked me to shoot his wedding (about 8 hours in total), specifying he won't need any pp since his wife-to-be is a graphic designer and would do it herself.

How much would you charge?
>>
Damn bro, 8 hours is a long-ass wedding
>>
>since his wife-to-be is a graphic designer and would do it herself.
Run away and don't look back
>>
>>2827571
>8 hours
that's extremely fucking long. No single person is going to be able to capture an 8 hour event, that's at minimum two people and thousands of dollars of gear + skilled labor, unless they're looking for mcdonalds quality.
>>
>>2827571
If you know what you're doing, $200 per hour
If you don't, but are pretty sure you can do it, $75 per hour.
If you have no clue, and you own a rebel, $10 per hour.
>>
if it's only an acquaintance tell him you will do very high-end photography and processing which takes many hours and charge $2,500 for the entire 8 hours. try get someone to shadow too and give them a small share of it for some help
>>
>>2827577

That's extremely common.
>>
>>2827609
Half hour prep/getting ready, One hour portrait session before the ceremony, one hour ceremony, three hour reception, sounds pretty straightforward. Maybe a LITTLE long, but not by much.
>>
>>2827611
>One hour portrait session before the ceremony

Plus the one-to-two hour portrait session after the ceremony but before the reception.

I've shot dozens of weddings, as much as I hate them, and 8 hours would be an easy, short day. more likely it's a 12 hour gig.
>>
>>2827571
Don't let them edit, she probably doesn't know what she's doing and will blame you for taking shit photos instead of blaming her shit editing skills
>>
Either do it for free as a friend, or don't let them touch your photos, process yourself, and charge your regular price.

There can be no middle ground.
>>
Easy $1000 to give them raw files and not associate your name with them in case her "graphic design" skills are shit. Show up and document the day.

If you know what you are doing and actually have gear make it 1500-2000.
>>
>>2827571
>his wife-to-be is a graphic designer and would do it herself.

no no no no no no no no
>>
>>2827571
maybe talk to the wife and see if she is actually up to something like that, honestly though, how can anyone who takes pride in their photography let someone else edit their pics?
>>
>on the next judge judy
>>
>>2827571
>acquaintance
Fuck'em full price unless there's some kind of favor you can get from them later (which likely you can't).
>won't need any PP
There's two ways you can look at this:
1) Fuck yeah! I don't have to do any PP!
2) You gotta pay extra to get RAWs.

I'm generally far more of the former than the latter, but I'd also make clear to dude that working with RAW is a different animal than working with finished files (there's a shitton to GD which doesn't have jack to do with Photography and vice-versa). Also make sure that they're aware that RAWs *have* to be processed to not look like ass.

Also, all of you fucks that are like
>NOBODY EVER TOUCHES MY RAWS!
HAHAHHAHA. Guess who is outing themselves not only as someone who never has shot an even marginally large budget production nor likely ever will.
>>
>>2827571

But really, I've been there twice, and it almost killed my love for photography.
If you can, don't do it. It's really not worth it.
>>
>>2827571
Givin' your RAWs instead of processed pics...it's like a chef who gives to his customer the ingredients instead of the dish itself.
Surely your acquaintance doesn't see the whole thing this way and means there'd be less work for you to do...but asking 1000$ would be too much i guess.
Consider your skills and your gear, and maybe show him some pics from weddings you've already shot...THEN ask the price you've decided your work is worth of
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.