[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>real photographers don't use lens caps What did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: KenLens_400x400.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
KenLens_400x400.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>real photographers don't use lens caps

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2827497
A lense cap is not a photographic tool.
It doesn't aid your photography.
It will regularly impede your photography.
It's as much use to a photographer as the box the lense came in.
If you're carrying your camera for any reason beyond simply transporting it from one storage location to another, it has no useful function.
>>
>>2827501
Doesnt protecting your lens from dirt, dust and scratches serve a useful photographic purpose?

You never have a cap on your lens?
>>
I never quite understood his point, I mean I'm not a pro but what kind of shit are pros shooting where they immediately get to a job site and the 5 seconds (at most) it takes to get the lens cap and reversed hood off ruins the shoot?
>>
>>2827504
>walking down street and see cool shot
>5 seconds (at most) it takes to get the lens cap and reversed hood
>????
>loss
>>
>>2827501
Ken git out
Lens caps are fine for transportation, I keep mine well stored in my camera bag and all my lenses have a rear cap on.

I love how Ken not even being a protog says shit like this
>>
>>2827505

I said when you get to the shoot site, now when you're actively walking around taking snapshits.
>>
>>2827505
who gets paid to do that?
>>
>>2827505
>walking down street and see cool shot
>I already have my general purpose 50 on my camera
>Point and shoot
>???
>profit
>>
>>2827509
>what is photojournalism
>>
>>2827509

/p/ in a nutshell
>>
>>2827505
If youre out shooting, take it off. I still dont see why lens caps wouldnt be good for transportation or storage, or why such use would be shunned by "real" photographers.
>>
I disable the ability of my cameras to turn off.

>>GET ON MY LEVEL, BRO!
>>
>>2827530
Pfff, pleb. I disable my cameras ability to turn on. I do not want some filthy gear to control my artistic endeavors.
>>
>>2827544
Kek
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>2827501
n00b question; how do you control exposure times of not with lens cap?

Pic related, it's my camera.
>>
>>2827556
wat?
>>
>>2827556
That camera has a shutter, I can see it, so no lens cap needed
>>
>>2827556
I was hesitating as wrote my post, because I am wel aware of the one patrician use for a lense cap; when controlling time exposures.
However, it's a fact that a hand will also suffice, or absolutely anything else, and in fact most other objects are better suited.
>>
>>2827556

Well, shutters didn't really come into mainstream use until late 1800's maybe, how do you think the guys shooting heliographs, tintypes and Daguerrotypes controlled their exposure?
>>
>>2827556

Nice rig by the way.
>>
>>2827594
Fuck you Sugar, you never answered my questions in your truck thread.
>>
>>2827597

i had a truck thread?
>>
>>2827736
Slow down on the bottle Sugar
>>
Hendrix also said "only cowboys tune their guitars." I think pros just like being edgy. They're just being braggadocios or flat out trolling. As if fucking Hendrix didn't tune his guitar and this schmuck doesn't put a lens cap on.
>>
>>2827503
At most you would use a UV or Clear filter.
Lenses can handle dust and scratched on the front elements can be easily avoided and don't impede on IQ.
>>
>>2827509
maybe you enjoy photography and do shit for yourself???
>>
>>2827527
they aren't>>2827556
>>
>>2827556
>download (1).jpg
nice b8 m8
>>
>>2827497
ken also says that tripods are unnecessary with the advent of digital photography
>>
>>2827803
Ok Ken

And i probably shouldnt have a camera in a case either, i should just surgically attach it to my hand and leave it on at all times (auto mode, of course, wouldnt want to "miss a shot")
>>
>>2827974
Ken also said babies are made through anal sex.
>>
>>2828045
Frankly, if you don't carry around pic related every time you go out you're not a serious photographer.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1600
Image Height900
>>
File: 3456.jpg (74 KB, 299x531) Image search: [Google]
3456.jpg
74 KB, 299x531
>2016
>not wearing your lens cap

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width299
Image Height531
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:04:30 15:38:46
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width299
Image Height531
>>
File: 1zn748l.gif (876 KB, 252x188) Image search: [Google]
1zn748l.gif
876 KB, 252x188
>>2828266
>>
>>2828045
fuck i do sound like ken
Thanks for the pro tip
>>
>>2827501
>lense
You're shitting me right?

Anyway lens caps are for newbs. I throw all my gear in a big backpack, no lens caps and no rear caps, with a bunch of marbles, jacks, and peanuts and chewing gum.

Real photographers don't use a camera bag.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.