[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nikon D3200 Video Quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Snapshot - 6.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot - 6.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I recently made this short film for a local contest, and I was wondering what some of the photography experts could tell me about the quality of the picture and such on this video. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9D_z39kEA
>>
The Canon Rebel would've done you better.
>>
>>2826196
which one? The t3? t5? Or are you just making a generalization?
>>
>>2826197
Jesus, relax. The t5i I guess...
>>
Wasn't the biggest fan of it, but it's getting better as it goes. The audio is shit, but you didn't post this to get critique on that.
>>
File: t4i_feature_07a.jpg (30 KB, 378x273) Image search: [Google]
t4i_feature_07a.jpg
30 KB, 378x273
Just get the Rebel t4i for fucks sake
>>
>>2826194
It's shaky, the shots are way too tight most of the time, the footage looks almost entirely ungraded, the audio is really bad, and having the main character straight up telling the shit to the viewer is literally the laziest way of getting information across. If you want us to know he's an asshole, then make him act like an asshole to people and let us watch. Don't just be like "Hey by the way, I'm an asshole who likes asshole things! Did you catch that? I SAID I'M AN ASSHOLE" That fucking train shot at 1:42 gave me aids.

None of the writing makes any sense. I'm giving up watching at 3:40 because I'm annoyed, but I get the impression that the angry train guy who was clearly just sad and complaining, and not in any way threatening, was scary enough that a lawyer is waiting until night time to "get out of town" to avoid him? What?
>>
>>2826204
>looks almost entirely ungraded
What is graded/ungraded?
>>
>>2826240
Editing for color, contrast, exposure.

You shoot video as flat and bland as you can, and then go in and add contrast and move your colors to a pleasing tone. Or, well, you SHOULD.

If I had to categorize the look of the footage, I'd call it accidentally sloppy gray.
>>
>>2826194
fukkin terriblreeeeeeeh
>>
>>2826243
>Editing for color, contrast, exposure.
>You shoot video as flat and bland as you can, and then go in and add contrast and move your colors to a pleasing tone. Or, well, you SHOULD.

And software like Premiere will let you do this in post I assume?
>>
>>2826255
How the fuck did you even put it together?
>>
>>2826255
Correct. Even iMovie does it.
>>
for future videos
http://photographio.com/nikon-flat-picture-control-videography-photographios-cineflat/
>>
>>2826257
I'm not OP. I'm just an innocent bystander asking questions about video editing.
>>
The fucking ragtime in the background is really annoying
>>
>>2826243
>You shoot video as flat and bland as you can, and then go in and add contrast and move your colors to a pleasing tone

Not him, but why should you do this when, in photography, you're encouraged to do the opposite?
>>
>>2826725
Since you have so many environments you have to shoot in it's easier to do it that way so you can make everything look cohesive
>>
>>2826725
You're encouraged to do the same in photography. At least, if you're into post-editing, which will always make your shots look better.
>>
>>2826194
The continuity on the train sucked.
>>
>>2826240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdJX_VqS_M

In the above video (which talks about editing in general) there's the ungraded shots that look all faded.

I believe there's a section where they show the difference between graded and ungraded.

Good enough vid to give a taste of this shit.
>>
>>2826799
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdJX_VqS_M
Shit, sorry, wrong vid.

Here's the one that show graded vs ungraded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUL_cYI_iYQ
>>
>>2826725
>why should you do this when, in photography, you're encouraged to do the opposite?

...you're not.
>>
>>2826725
>in photography, you're encouraged to do the opposite?
Whoever told you that was lying.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.