[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guess I'm an idiot with an idiot question. I had a Canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
I guess I'm an idiot with an idiot question. I had a Canon 7D for about 6 months, shot photos and video with it and never really had a problem. I'm somewhat new to photography but I always shot in manual and was able to get my photos properly exposed. I picked up another used Canon 7D recently and all my photos are way underexposed and I don't know why. Sometimes they're even black. I can try changing the ISO, the aperture, the shutter speed, and still they're way too underexposed. What am I missing?
>>
>>2825754
Firstly, there's a stupid questions thread.
Secondly, there's no where near enough info here. Generally, if you have a question like this you should post examples with exif and not fucking stock info.
Thirdly, my guess is you have no clue how the meter works.
>>
a) what's the metering mode?
b) don't use manual if you don't need to, aperture priority is fine.
>>
>>2825759
also yeah, this.
Post two photos, same settings same lens same camera same composition, light, etc everything. If one is dark and the other isn't, then there's something up.
>>
>>2825754
Have you tried taking the lens cap off?
>>
>>2825754
Well, if you have your technique and it have worked with the previos cam, but not in the new one (which is second hand at best), logic says it's the new camera. Fix it.
>>
Exposure Compensation?
>>
>>2826030
M8...
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.