[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bad feels thread, negativity general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_9977-2.jpg (44 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9977-2.jpg
44 KB, 1000x667
>tfw you shoot at f36 and this happens

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:04:15 23:51:16
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>2816583
Why would you shoot digital at f36? And you picture dies not need f36 to be sharp, or f22
>>
>>2816583
Doesn't seem to me like anything happened...?

I figure your camera is somewhat bad / old, and you have some dirt on the sensor, but that's not related to picking f/36...
>>
guys i think he means it feels bad when shooting at a small aperture and dust appears in your pictures
>>
>tfw you completely and utterly dodge and any all possible paid gigs due to fear of not performing

I mean it's usually just friends or friends of friends looking for headshots or some shit but I always dodge the hell out of them thinking they'll be total shit.
>>
>>2816672
thank you
i really need to clean my sensor but I'm kinda scared of it
>>
File: fucks.jpg (173 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
fucks.jpg
173 KB, 1000x667
At least it can't be as bad as when I drunkenly tried to clean mine.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:04:16 11:59:56
Exposure Time0.4 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2816926
holy shit m8 did you manage to unfuck it up?
>>
>>2817002
Aye, when I woke up and saw what I'd done, I got a proper cleaning kit and sorted it. Luckily no scratches, but there are a couple of pieces that move around the sensor now, but I can't get off.
>>
>>2816763
Yes, this, absolutely.

I've been told over and over again that my work is really good and that I should absolutely be making a living off of it (by actual pros and editors, too), but I never have the balls to go out and promote myself or solicit work.
>>
>>2817114
post pics!
>>
>>2816583
f/36 would not produce a very sharp image at any rate.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (287 KB, 742x742) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
287 KB, 742x742
>tfw when you hop a 30 minute train into the city, go to pull out your camera, and realize the battery is still at home charging

Happened last evening. I had my Stylus Epic too so I killed a roll on that but I was planning on wandering around shooting night stuff for a few hours. I walked around, got drunk, watched a crane fish next to a temple, ate cheeseburgers, and did some sketching instead. I saw a lot of things I wanted to take photos of but my phone just doesn't cut the mustard.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Horizontal Resolution123 dpi
Vertical Resolution123 dpi
Image Created2016:04:17 10:03:41
Image Width742
Image Height742
>>
>>2817311
He's talking about the dirt you can see everywhere. Like bottom left corner.
>>
>>2817327
You can't live too far away if it took you thirty minutes with Keihan. You should go to Kurodani-dera. It's a bit off-centre and not completely crawling with tourists. While you're there, you can swing by Kyodai and Yoshida-jinja. I actually quite like the latter. It is always empty and very quiet. If you climb the hill, there is a long row of torii that lead to an even more desolate shrine. It's very heavily forested though.
>>
>>2817345
>It's very heavily forested though.
Dude, that sounds perfect. My mood is being affected by not being able to fuck off into the woods away from people. I checked it out and it's about an hour train for me (I live 25 minutes south of Kyoto city). I'm heading to Osaka today but if the weather is good next weekend I'll head to this area! Thanks a ton.
>>
>>2817353
I think most people moving to Japan feel that way. Climb the Daimonji while you're at it. It's pretty close too (just head to the Ginkakuji and turn left after the last ice cream shop). Nice view over the coty, forested and only hikers. Don't forget to greet people heading in the opposite direction while ascending and take a lunch with you. It's not exactly the countryside, but a nice change from the city regardless.

Btw, if you're from the middle of the continent like me, the Kaiyūkan aquarium in Osaka is pretty cool. The Ferris wheel next to it was the biggest in the world around the turn of the century. They also sell a combined ticket for both for 2,500 yen or so. Photographing diving penguins with a nifty-fifty is a pain.
>>
File: whalesharks.jpg (304 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
whalesharks.jpg
304 KB, 667x1000
>>2817364
Yeah I'm getting pretty burnt out here in general honestly. Daimonji is definitely on the list too.

I went to the Osaka Aquarium a few months ago! Also only had my 50mm with me. I spent over an hour just watching the whale sharks swim around. Osaka is heaps better of a city than Kyoto. Much more interesting in my opinion.

>tfw I also have sensor dust and am scared to clean it

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height6000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:27 14:58:06
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1250
Brightness-2.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width667
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2817114
Post some photos please
>>
Your country is in a real recession; you can't get any job; your work as photographer is fastly left aside because there is another people with D3100 and t3i that charge less than you; you can't get the money to pay some bills

you can't get money to buy a Fuji X100s

I'm depress
>>
>>2817437
If you aren't able to charge more than people whose only achievement is "owns a camera" then it's because you aren't marketing yourself correctly, and/or your photos aren't more commercially desirable than they are.
>>
>>2817381
Ha, I know that shark. Kyoto is very different from other Japanese cities and I felt very much like you did after moving there. It gets significantly better if you get a Kyoto girl as a girlfriend (who are also allegedly the most wanted girls as girlfriends within Japan). There are actually a lot of cool things that you basically have no way of finding out about as a foreigner, whether it is lesser known temples, why the right dog has its mouth open whereas the left one has it closed or places to eat. Osaka and Tokyo are much more young people–friendly in terms of night life, have girls with even more bleached hair and impressive tall buildings, but Kyoto is quite nice once you're "integrated" into it. Unfortunately, it's not exactly easy, because as you've probably noticed nobody speaks anything other than Japanese and the Sanjo/Shijo nightlife street is pretty pathetic for a city of that size. Tinder is pretty much the way to go nowadays. I knew one guy whose Japanese was very minimal and he hooked up with a nice girl using that by just filling out his profile in English. Now he recites the usual rhetoric about people in Kansai being much friendlier than in Kantō and all that stuff (I'd never argue with a Kansai person over this, but IMHO Kantō people are equally as nice.). At any rate, there's a lot of fun things to discover if you have someone to guide you about.

Also, try going to Fushimi (not Fushimi Inari). Along with sentō and onsen, it's one of the places I enjoyed more than others. They have a bunch of sake making companies there with clean Fushimi water and all that. You can try different sorts for not a lot of money. I liked the taste of Gekkeikan the most, but Kizakura has a special room where you can watch their adverts all the way from God knows when. It's pretty cool.
>>
>i love diffraction : the fstop
???????????????????????
>>
>Using dust pump 100-400
>Somehow a little pebble gets on lens
>Pushing lens out to take a picture
>Feels gritty
>Left a little scratch on the barrel
>Just hardly got it out before it pushed further under the smooth and tight ring

I can now see the negatives of this design friends.
>>
>>2817607
Rad, thanks for all the tips man! Gunna skip out on the whole girlfriend/tinder thing. Already have a SO, though she is fluent in Japanese too so it definitely helps.
>>
Oh good, there's one of these up so I don't have to start it.

I'm in such a damn photo slump lately. I live in a place that should be great for photography, but I'm just so uninspired by it. I'm bored of crystal clear blue skies and high-contrast sunlight, by the fact that everything's too new, by all the people who are trying too hard to be different and quirky but end up being boring and generic because of it.

I shoot all the time, even did it for work for the last few years, but it's just mass-produced snapshits for the company social media and it's dead boring.

Ugh, I need a vacation.
>>
>>2823913
I'm in a photo slump myself, anon. One of the only reasons I pump out endless macro snapshits is because it's kind of a new world to explore in a place that I've seen endless amounts of times.
>>
File: DP1M0046.jpg (648 KB, 784x1600) Image search: [Google]
DP1M0046.jpg
648 KB, 784x1600
>>2817327
So your feel was
>tfw shoting digital
?
My olympus happily times long exposures. You should have used it bb.

Equipment MakeSIGMA
Camera ModelSIGMA DP1 Merrill
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.6
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Focal Length Range19
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2015:08:26 08:55:49
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length19.00 mm
Image Width784
Image Height1600
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID30303331323238374E80DD5533333543
Drive Mode2S
ResolutionHI
Autofocus ModeMF
Focus SettingMF
Exposure ModeM
Metering ModeA
Exposure0.8
Contrast-0.7
Shadow-0.7
Highlight1
Saturation1.1
Sharpness443.7
Fill Light0.9
Color AdjustmentInfinite
>>
File: IMGP7919.jpg (681 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP7919.jpg
681 KB, 1000x665
>spot baldy on side of road
>stop to snap off some shots
>notice afterwards the camera was accidentally set to f32 and all the shots are ass

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)450 mm
Horizontal Resolution600 dpi
Vertical Resolution600 dpi
Image Created2016:02:19 18:08:08
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/32.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/32.0
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length300.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>2824101
I had no tripod. I usually shoot high ISO black and white handheld for night shots on my A7
>>
>>2824109

Ouch dude, that woulda been majestic too.
>>
>>2824277
Gross.
>>
>tfw there's someone else interested in photos at your work and you slowly start to realize they have more talent than you.
>>
>>2824109
This is what freedom looks like.
>>
>>2824293
?
>>
>>2824303
>>2824109
The freedom to use whatever god damn aperture you please.
>>
Not to go full "get off my lawn mode", but having spent time learning the techniques to do my photography (sports) and studying the pros that shoot sports, FUCK people showing up with rabals and kit lenses shooting on auto and lucking into a few nice shots.

FUCK them even more when "editing" is putting clarity and luminance to 100, and every other shot in black and white even when the photo is begging for colors to be bought out.
>>
>>2824426
>studying the pros that shoot sports

Loser
>>
File: o63vh.jpg (4 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
o63vh.jpg
4 KB, 150x150
>>2824436
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.