[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hasselblad H5D-40 Medium Format.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
Should I complete this transaction?
>>
I would recommend a sony A6300, it has blazing fast autofocus performance and a lightweight mirrorless form factor..
>>
>>2814646
You definitely should. That camera cost more than I have in my savings account right now. I'm so jelly....
>>
>>2814646
Statistically, no, probably not.
>>
>>2814651
Explain yourself anon.
>>
>>2814652
1) You're asking on /p/, and nobody on /p/ posts photos that would require a digital medium format setup except for MAYBE Alex
2) You're not Alex because you're asking /p/, which is something that someone who needed that camera would never do.
3) You MIGHT be a photographer, and if you are, you're much more likely to fall into the 99.9996% of photographers who would gain next to nothing from using a large camera like that, while losing tons of actually useful features missing from the camera, but offered by even a D5300.

Based on nothing but the numbers, chances are good that you are not a major fashion/product photography studio owner, and that you would be making a poor decision by buying that camera.

Let's refer back to the dump truck analogy. You don't buy a dump truck because you might maybe need it sometimes. You rent a dump truck when you need one, along with a driver who knows what he's doing with it.

You rent a MF setup along with the digital tech most of them require to keep it up and running.
>>
>>2814654
Thank you anon. I'll get this then....

>pic related.
>>
Just buy what will make you go out and shoot. That's all. For some people it doesn't matter, some people get motivated by gear. That's all.

If 10kUSD isn't disposable income to you though, I'd suggest a cheaper camera and a trip somewhere you always wanted to go.
>>
>>2814662
Yeah that's one of my downfall as a photographer I believe in gear to much sometimes.
>>
>>2814657
If you were contemplating a digital medium format kit a second ago, the improvements that the D5 offers over something like a D750 are useless to you, and therefore, you're still wasting a good %60 of your money there. If you were looking at the H5D-40, you don't need weather sealing, fast autofocus, enormous buffers, or 14fps bursts.

If you're trying to get "the best camera you need" without money being an object, the D750 with their pro zooms, and a fast 24mm and a fast 85mm are about as good as you'd need for nearly anything the world could throw at you.

>MFW I'm so bored at work that I'm playing with trolls.
>>
>>2814662
Even if $10,000 is disposable income (without any lenses) the H5D-40 is a terrible camera for what most people use cameras for. Look at the gear thread; what are people usually looking for? Faster lenses, better low light capabilities, better AF capabilities, better features. The DMF offers none of those things. It's not anywhere along the "more money for a more expensive camera means a better camera" scale. It's absolutely min-maxed to sacrifice literally everything else in exchange for resolution and image quality in very limited settings. For MOST people, a DMF system would be a worse camera, objectively, than D750. Where "most" is actually "so close to all that we may as well round up to all people"
>>
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 640x428
Just get a Hassesblad HV. It's a much more classy camera.
>>
>>2814667

wew lad
>>
>>2814669
But the Lunar has wood grips and a shiny jewel record button :^)
>>
>>2814646
>0.82x crop factor
>f/2.8 lens

So my D800 and 50 f/1.4 probably takes better pictures?
>>
>>2814720
Well how do you define "better"?
>>
>>2814720
yeah since crop factor and f stops are the only things that determine a picture's quality
>>
>>2814716
The lunar is cheap pleb trash now. It's like $1000.
Everyone will be getting the new Hassesblad based off of the A7 anyways.
>>
>>2814722
better dynamic range, nicer colors, etc.

>>2814723
Total amount of light is the biggest factor.
>>
>>2814728
>better dynamic range, nicer colors, etc.
No, your D800 will do worse in those respects.
>>
>>2814716
gimme some of 'dat wooden lens hood.
>>
>>2814646
No, get a 645z
>>
Dude, just get a 5d mark 3 and install magic lantern on it.
Cover 99.99% of what you may ever need.
>>
>>2814716
This is nice anon
>>
>Full frame 24.3 megapixel

This is killing me tho. I need more megapixels. Quality is a crucial thing to me guys.
>>
>>2814796
24 pickles is good, even 10 pickles is plenty pickles, probably more than you'll ever need.
>>
>>2814796
>I need more megapixels.
No, you don't.
>>
>>2814646
>>2814657
>>2814796
I didn't know /p/ was this easy to bait
>>
>>2814805
I'm serious about this dude.
>>
>>2814796
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PX8CHO6/
>>
>>2814856
Thanks anon. I take a look at it later.
>>
i dont see the appeal of using a blad' outside of a studio

slow as fuck, lenses will blow out your wallet, and you need a strobes to fully appreciate it
>>
I know this is b89 but how about:

EOS 5DS R
EF 17-40 f4
EF 24-70 f2.8 IS II
EF 70-200 f2.8 IS II

And you get more PICKLES and more GLASS for less BENJAMINS that's liek 3 grande less in ADORAMA WHICH BY THE WAY IF YOU CLICK ON THIS -APPROVED SUPPLIERS- LINK IT WILL HELP ME THIS IS MY BIGGEST SOURCE OF INCOME FOR THIS FREE WEBSITE YOU CAN SUPPORT ME AND MY GROWING FAMILY JUST BY USING ANY OF THESE LINKS PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING

>HELP ME HELP YOU son
>>
>>2814934
What are you talking about dude? Are you selling something?
>>
>>2815198
how new
>>
>>2814646
matey I'm actually selling one- 30k shots and looks awesome, USD 8600 + shipping. Would you be interested?
>>
>>2814649
Here's your (you) faggot
>>
>>2814934
I chuckled.
>>
>>2815284
what is a joke?
>>
>>2815284
Just get out dude, go do your homework or something...
>>
>>2815279
>30,000
>14% off

what a fucking rip
>>
get a cheap compact camera and learn to take good pics with it
>>
>>2814934
kek
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.