[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much should I be paying for a self portrait session?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: AD_2560.jpg (55 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
AD_2560.jpg
55 KB, 780x520
Looking to improve my Linked in and facebook profile pictures but I don't know how much should I be expected to pay. I found a guy with a Hasselblad asking 200$ CAD for 4 pictures re-touched with photoshop. Is that a fair price?

>pic related, his portfolio

Also, I see a lot of friends with gorgeous pictures taken throughout the city. How do they do it? Do they hire a photographer for a day and take pictures of them at any moment?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2012-02-17T00:36:21-19:00
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width780
Image Height520
>>
>>2797256
Do you like is work?
Can you find someone who can do what he does in the style you like for cheaper?
Can you do it yourself for cheaper?

If you answered the first question yes, then the next two no, then pay the man.
>>
>>2797259
I don't know shit about photography but I got a Nikon D600 with a Tamron 18-270mm lens and a tripod. Could I acheive similar or better results?

Also, link to the guy's portfolio
http://www.vadimdaniel.com/portraits-headshots/
>>
>>2797270
>Could I acheive similar or better results?
Yes, but it'll take work and study, along with possibly spending money on different gear.
>>
>>2797256
if you have the cash pay the 200, if you donĀ“t just ask a friend to help you and take it with the D600.

Anyway the guy has good salad portraits.
>>
>>2797275
Or you know, use the timer.

>these are the people telling you what multi-thousand dollar camera to buy.
>>
self portrait? i don't charge myself for self portraits
>>
>>2797359
People like you are the reason we don't make as much money as we used to. I charge myself 300USD for 5 pictures on medium format, it's expensive but I can put the 300USD to good use in buying additional parts for my Hassleblad
>>
>>2797370
This. A million times this. Holy fuck, I'm barely making ends meet and I only charge $5 for a cell phone dick pic.
>>
>>2797270
>http://www.vadimdaniel.com/portraits-headshots/
This fucker's all up in my city, taking portraits.
>>
>>2797591
You know what you have to do.

There can only be one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BMP-H2ydJk
>>
>>2797370
>Reply
300?
im in nyc. its 1k minimum for a self portrait.
that 100mp medium format aint buying itself
>>
I charge one million US dollars for a self portrait. Either in small unmarked banknotes or as a barter.
>>
selling portraits of myself 0.7 bitcoins minimum
>>
>>2798029
Way to fuck up the joke retard.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.