[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does such a boring picture get 5,000 likes? [EXIF data available.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 750x1275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 750x1275
How does such a boring picture get 5,000 likes?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width750
Image Height1275
>>
bought likes or liked just because girl
>>
>221k followers
>gets roughly 6k likes on every picture
that means only 2% of his "followers" like his pictures
>>
What is better?

Lots of followers with an abysmal engagement rate?

Or very few followers (less than 300) with a 10-30% engagement rate?
>>
>>2789459
>>2789461
Agree. I use the same metric on Flickr when I see shots with 300 favorites but like 3000 views.
>>
>>2789455
Looking at the other images it works within the context of the other images. It does not work out of context. This account has 221K followers. 5k likes is less than 3% of the followers. I don't use instagram but whenever I see someone using it on their phone they just like pretty much anything. It's instinctual. Your selective, thoughtful, and enlightened "like" is worth as much as that of the mindless brute who likes everything.
>>
>>2789461
A following that genuinely likes your work is nice to have.

Buying followers and likes is meaningless, like a shitty comedian performing to a pre-recorded laugh track.

Just keep making good work, consistently. Everything will take care of itself.
>>
>>2789461
I have both abysmal conditions

I have about 350 followers. If I post a picture with no tags Ill get maybe 10 likes from people that follow me.

If I use popular tags on said image I'd get 30 at best
>>
what does it mean when two Chinese hipsters with about 12k followers each like one of my photos? No hashtags, no mutual followers or following, just out of the blue.
>>
>Caring about likes and favourites
>Not wanting constructive criticism instead
>>
>>2789455
HOt sxy slaydee.

>>2789476
It means they bought followers.
>>
>>2789455
Just get yourself a vagina, you will get likes, flowers and such
>>
its weird because i have about 500 followers, i get around 100 likes from people who follow me.
But even though i hashtag my photos, only sometimes will i get +100 likes from people who dont follow me (who i assume come from the hashtags) and other times i get almost no likes from the hashtags and just get follower likes. I'll even use the same hashtags.

PS: if they got exactly 5000likes they probably bought it.
>>
I'm not sure likes or favorites mean much unless you want to get yourself out there. It can be useful but at the same time people will follow for all sorts of reasons, especially trying to get you to follow back. It's BS.

>just keep making good work, consistently

Well, my work is shit. And I'm trying to make it not shit. But it's frustrating spending hours, sometimes even days trying to get a shot that nobody cares about.
>>
>>2789521
Care for yourself. Try to be better than your last photo.

Similarly, network and try to get your work in front of other people, because it DOES serve as motivation, trying to impress people with photos you truly like.
>>
>>2789465
>flickr

i'm convinced that a lot of the views/favs are bots. i always see the same bullshit on any given day on pictures. generic comments like
>very nice composition you really capture the scene well, my friend

and don't get me started on those bullshit "awards". some asshat posts a shitty award pic on the comments saying you've been awarded an outstanding post award. repost 5 awards to get the next level or some crap like that...what gives?

then there's the "hi i'm admin of the group xyz. feel free to add this pic to our group"

i delete those comments from my page
>>
File: 221.png (18 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
221.png
18 KB, 500x230
>>2789455
Pic is how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGl796352RI
>>
>>2789508
>It means they bought followers.

I'm sure, but why did they like my photo? How did they find it?
>>
>>2790064
damn..
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.