[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 033.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
033.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
I got my first camera today and I went out to take pictures of a friend. I'll be photographing a very norwegian looking stranger this week, so I need some harsh critique to improve my photos. I'll post some down below.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 1000D
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:03:08 12:10:11
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramPortrait Mode
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 036.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
036.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:03:08 12:10:49
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2788369
Get the fuck off this board. Resize your shit. and take your stupid flash photos the fuck outta here. Lurk more.
>>
File: 029.jpg (4 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
029.jpg
4 MB, 3888x2592

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:03:08 12:08:53
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: 048.jpg (4 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
048.jpg
4 MB, 3888x2592

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2016:03:08 12:17:22
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2788375

you're not ready for harsh /p/ critiques, trust me.

This photo I've cringe a little.

But, ok. Your first camera, right? First off all, learning about photography history. Try every and each technique you find interesting and the ones you hate. Try everything.

remember, life isn't 'tumblr'. 14 yo girls, gays and depressed highclass boys won't buy your prints. And their mothers will probably run from your art.

A cigar written 'feelings' have too many feels in the interwebs, where your 'like' is just to feel your ego, not your pocket and your really artwork.

Also, photographing someone with your first camera in the same week is wrong. Don't be a photographer whore. There's people whom actually live for that, and you may be fucking with someone job.
>>
>>2788378
Okay, I was thinking about borrowing one of the photography for degenerates books from the library.
I also am aware that the 'feelings' cigarette is very cliche and well, emo.
Do you know any good guide books or sites that I could use?
>>
"remember, life isn't 'tumblr'. 14 yo girls, gays and depressed highclass boys won't buy your prints. And their mothers will probably run from your art."

This is the most sane advice I've read in all my time lurking this board.
>>
>>2788375
>FEELINGS
>not "NEVER KNOWS BEST"
Missed an opportunity there bro.
>>
File: WELCOME TO P.jpg (114 KB, 501x700) Image search: [Google]
WELCOME TO P.jpg
114 KB, 501x700
>>2788369
>>
>>2788378
>you're not ready for harsh /p/ critiques, trust me.
/p/ is obsessed with the technical aspects of photography, like zone system, composition, rule of thirds.
This guy may be getting all the technical aspects wrong, but he's working actively with the subject which is more than can be said about 90% of /p/ with their shots of wall with AC units.
>>
>>2788424
You're right, this board would be SOOOO much better if it was filled with thread after thread of full size snapshit of people rolling on the floor taken on Auto with the body flash.
>>
>>2788416
>chrome button Nikon
>500mm f8 mirror tele

Just no
>>
>>2788426
Oh come on, it's just his first photos. Next time it's gonna be in P mode with the flash off.
>>
>>2788375
>>2788374
>>2788370
>>2788369
these photos of your boyfriend are better than 99% of what usually gets posted on /p/. Pop up flash is so underutilized, it is refreshing to see such a raw approach.
If I can offer any advice for future shots, forget about "Portrait Mode" and leave your camera on the green rectangle, you also want to centre your models face it will draw more focus to him. Also the most successful pictures have their converging lines coming right from the corners.
hope that helps
>>
>>2788692
*Girlfriend
>>
>>2788692
lol except people who post here know their work is mediocre. this is beyond mediocre and even cringe worthy. built in flash adds 0 to these pictures. hope that helps.
>>
>>2788716
okay lol go take moma's free photography course, learn about vernacular photography, and come back when you understand photography
>>
>>2788717
>vernacular photography
yeah, some people have made really great use out of this. that doesn't explain why the flash adds to these pictures other than "le amateur look". in fact, claiming superiority by keying in a genre doesn't refer to anything of what I said. please kill yourself.
>>
>>2788692

>forget about "Portrait Mode" and leave your camera on the green rectangle
>Pop up flash is so underutilized
>your boyfriend

Holy fuck I'm dying over here.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.