[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Camera should be my first Camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
So story goes I got into college for NC Photography (I'm just starting professionally) and one of the key requirements obviously is to get a DSLR of your choice. Now iv been looking around and came to the conclusion of a choice between a Sony A58 and a Nikon D3300. I like the Sony due to the video functions and that it will turn any full manual lens into a full auto. Also the built in anti shock helps. And since I'm beginning a EVF would help me precomposed my shots as a beginner since I will see every change. But then again should I get a D3300 and get used to the expensive gear and use it to be used to higher end cameras like the D4 or something? Also first 4Chan post. I know what your like though ;)
>>
>>2785722
i dont know what you want to do or what kind of shooting you want to do, etc. but i'd recommend the K-3 or K-3 ii. you might not want to get into the pentax system (idk why since they have the new full frame k-1 releasing soon) but you can pick up a k-3 for 650 USD and their 35mm 2.4 and 50mm 1.8 are dirt cheap. plus weather sealing in the camera and lots of their lenses, even some of the cheap ones. plus the viewfinder is great 100% coverage, 95% magnification. more limited lense selection compared to canikon tho
>>
>>2785722
move this to the gear thread nigger

also I very much doubt the A58 has the ability to fully automate manual lenses with aperture rings and manual focus
>>
How do I move the thread? Also yeah it does go search it up :)
>>
>>2786000
He means to post your question in the gear thread and abandon this one, you dip.
>>
>>2785722
>Wants an EVF
>Wants to use manual lenses
>Wants good video
I'm honestly not the meme guy, but a6000
>>
>>2785722
http://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-7sm2
>>
>>2786140
He asked for a DSLR. You may not br meme guy but you're just as retarded.
>>
>>2788919
Can you please name a DSLR with EVF?
>>
>>2788925
the sony OP mentioned has a pellicle mirror witch allows it to be a hybrid EVF / SLR

>>2785722
just get something cheap OP, SLRs are dead
mirrorless cameras are advancing in leaps and bounds, the a6300 is looking awesome for video and the a6000 is pretty good
>>
>>2788925
I'm not google. They exist, and it sounds like youve never heard of a hotshoe.
>>
>>2788931
Google says "Wouldn't it be great if you could have a DSLR AND an electronic viewfinder?" because you can't. What would the mirror be for in that instance?

>hotshoe
Oh, so you're a retard then. He's looking for a $500 camera. You think he's going to double his budget for a decent LCD screen mounted to his hotshoe? Do those cameras even output HDMI to power those? If they did, do you think he's going to want to use one of those for walking around taking photos?
>>
>>2788934
>youre a retard

Says the shill.recommending an a6000 for someone who asked for a DSLR

Just fuck off you autistic pleb
>>
>>2788957
He also specifically asked for an EVF. So why is it okay to suggest a DSLR without an EVF, but not an EVF without a DSLR, other than the fact that you don't mind double standards so long as they allow you to insult people who think differently than you?

I'm also absolutely not the a6000 shill, and if he hadn't mentioned a need for video, I would have suggested an X-E2.
>>
Just buy a Fuji already
>>
>>2785722
Canon eos m3 + evf + 22mm + 18-55 + 50mm 1.8 stm
>>
>>2788957
OP is new at photography, the difference between an a6000 and a DSLR is absolutely minimal. You know that and we all know that. You're the autistic one for being such a fucking dick about whether something is mirrorless or DSLR.

>>2785722
OP, go with the sony a6000, or a cheap canon t3i (or whatever t series camera you can get from canon)
The sony will give you the benefit of being able to adapt many lenses to it, if you chose to purchase the adapter for it.

The canon t3i is like 4 years old, but it's still a sturdy starting camera, you can get them really cheap used. It'll probably take you a while to outgrow that camera, and canon also has a good selection of lenses you can chose from, especially 3rd party manufactures
>>
dSLR = Pentax

mirrorless = Fuji

Unless you're a Canikon sperg-lord.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.