[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's at it again. Can someone explain to me if his odd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: at-it-again.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
at-it-again.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
He's at it again. Can someone explain to me if his odd thoughts on magnetism even make sense, and whether this has any meaning for photography?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2OgZovex9k
>>
The way he talks irritates me, get to the point you bald cunt.
>>
>>2784544
"The insanity of quantum mechanics which teaches that Mother Nature is like a hooker on crack covered in body glitter with a calculator that does math"
>>
>>2784570
Is quantum mechanics really a meme?
>>
>>2784574
99% of the time, yes. If someone cites it without at least a single subject notebook of calculations, they're fucking idiots and wrong.
>>
>>2784592
Sort of like a guy on YouTube claiming that, because he made up some aliens, and pretended to have a conversation with them, and they agreed with him that gravity isn't real, that quantum mechanics is all wrong?
>>
File: quantum_mechanics.png (20 KB, 221x408) Image search: [Google]
quantum_mechanics.png
20 KB, 221x408
>>2784596
I'm going to have to go with yes.

As usual, xkcd provides an informative webcomic on this very subject:
https://xkcd.com/1240/
>>
>>2784598
I didn't know there was such a divide in quantum mechanics as to it's legitimacy. I thought the OP was just some crazy person spouting nonsense.
>>
>>2784600
It can certainly be both.
>>
>>2784600
It's not so much that there's a divide in its legitimacy, it's more that there are so few people who understand the implications of the field well enough to speak authoritatively, that odds are the person speaking on it is entirely wrong.

This is especially true when speaking of quantum effects on the macro scale -- which there basically aren't any.

In the field itself, there's a number of vastly different, competing interpretations of the facts that are known.
>>
>>2784606
>facts that are known
For instance, the fact that gravity is not, in fact, electromagnetic attraction.
>>
>>2784606
Oh, and there's so few who understand it because you literally cannot understand the field if you can't understand the math. This isn't really a case where there's underlying math describing something that can be intelligently summed up in words (like Newton's Laws, for example)...it *is* the math, and you've got to have a solid foundation in both probability and the more advanced forms of calculus before you have a hope of understanding what's going on.
>>
>>2784612
The reason the sperg in the OP is having so much trouble with it is because most of the stuff that CAN be expressed in words, runs perfectly counter to our normal experience with life and how things work.
>>
>>2784621
I haven't watched the video yet, just came in to say basically if you ever see someone who is not a theoretical physicist saying anything about qm, just ignore them.

Kinda curious though.
>>
>>2784626
Watch it. It's a great ride.
>>
>>2784626
thank you for letting me know to disregard your pompous posturing.
>>
>>2784630
Wow. He doesn't get how something doesn't have to be real to be of use. Virtual protons are the same thing as the square root of a negative 1. I wonder how he reconciles all of electronics and modern computing with the fact that i can't exist.
>>2784631
I have some crystals that via quantum mechanics interact with your electrical field increasing your vitality. $100 each and each produces an additional erg per fortnight...helluva deal.
>>
>>2784636
>Virtual protons are the same thing as the square root of angels.
FTFY
The whole thing is just amazing. Not just how wrong he is, but how condescending he is in his wrongness.

Did you catch the part where he implies that Aristotle knows more about science than Einstein (and the rest of modern mathematics/science)
>>
>>2784638
Yeah, but it makes internal sense tip his worldview that everything has to be simple. I wonder if there's some video where he talks about the cult of Joseph lister and how we're all governed by three four humours...

Fuck, how can people hold such retarded opinions on things there are facts about?
>>
Don't forget to check out his photos on flickr. https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/134746128@N05/
>>
>>2784641
Same way you can hold such condescending opinions about them when you, personally, possess only knowledge impressed upon you by others.

I'm not saying this dude's not a loon, every interaction I've had with him indicates he is (and that he really likes adidas merch)
but I am saying you'd have probably been a flat world theoretician in a world that ever had them.

Appeal to authority, appeal to ones own insanity, I don't think either of you vipers have venom. :^)
>>
what the fuck is this even about.
>>
>>2784655
"Science that I don't understand that scientists tell me is true is not true, but science that I don't understand but FEELS simpler, and is explained by people born before Jesus (and also Tesla, sort of) is obviously much more right, because when I ignore a lot of stuff that's been proven, nobody has disproved the stuff that I believe, and everyone who doesn't believe exactly what I believe is a stupid sheep who needs my help, because this stuff is OBVIOUSLY true. Also, there is no speed of light, and light coming from the sun moves a LOT faster than light coming from a light bulb, because, well, I mean, just look at it."
>>
>>2784647
isi, I'm an electrical engineer. I have the background to almost understand some of this stuff. He's flat wrong and in very elementary ways. It's not a matter of him being brave by espousing another interpretation that fits with the totality of human knowledge, it's him not understanding concepts and choosing a more simple, but provably incorrect interpretation. The rub is that the proof is more complex than he's willing to put forth the effort to learn. I'm not making an appeal to authority, I'm pointing to the fucking math and saying what he's saying is stupid based off of both the underlying math and experimental results.

Which is kinda strange you call me out for appealing to authority, but most of his thoughts are based off the fact that Aristotle, Newton, and especially TESLA! believed in ether. He flat out denies the validity of the Michelson-Morely Experiment because YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT SHOOTS MY FAVORITE IDEA IN THE FOOT!
(if you want to read about it): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson%E2%80%93Morley_experiment
Here's more on ether: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether

But further, he claims that there's no experimental basis for qm, but let me ask you what you think we built those giant particle accelerators for (which is kinda hilarious because he makes that claim, then brings up colliders) -- he can't keep his bullshit straight. Early on in the video he claims that light can't have a speed because it has a rate...the fuck? The saddest part here is that he doesn't even understand that you can have speeds of propagation through fields.

Let me add in that he's hilariously bad at his understanding of what the various theories actually are:
Early on in the video, he equates General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, talking about the Cult of Einstein (and then relabels that multiple times through the video to things referencing QM like "Cult of Feynman"). Einstein was violently opposed to the idea of qm...(cont)
>>
>>2784658
sounds like isi nailed it
>>
>>2784655
It's basically if gear fags who don't take photos but claim to know everything about photography talked about science in stead of cameras. His attitude is very similar to a lot of the "logic" that gets thrown around here on /p/. "I think it, and it makes sense to me, so you must be wrong for disagreeing with me, and also, look, I can find some guy to agree with me from some obscure place, so you're TOTALLY wrong."
>>
>>2784666
-but you are wrong.
>>
>>2784663
I think you failed to grasp the middle of my post.
Dude's legit crazy.
So's the person that thinks /p/ cares deeply about his thoughts on magnetism, or the person that cares deeply to give involved rebuttals to pseudoscience through a proxy source.

You're currently being your fields equivalent of the photographer that just discovered Ken Rockwell's blog and wants to tell everyone about how stupid he is, even though you haven't yet pieced together what is and isn't trolling.
Cringey all around.
>>
>>2784663
He claims that space acts upon things, which is a thought in literally no field of science. Certain things can act upon space and basically everything requires space to act.

He tries to talk about field unification and starts talking about fucking phase states.

And possibly the saddest part of all of this is that he starts off with a quote from Tesla about insanity pointing that at other people...Tesla was in love with a pigeon.

Either what's going on here is epic level trolling, or this guy has his head so far up his ass that he gets to re-eat his food before it's turned into shit.
>>
>>2784670
But the ether!
>>
>>2784670
>Either what's going on here is epic level trolling, or this guy has his head so far up his ass that he gets to re-eat his food before it's turned into shit.
>quantum physicist working at cern thinks world is a dichotomy
hohoho

the rabbit hole on this dude is way deeper than 'lol pseudoscience', famillama. Way more interesting, too, if not tragic. He's inflated by a factor of 7 over 5 years and his mental state has obviously declined.

You wouldn't argue at the mental ward, would you?
>>
>>2784668
>So's the person that thinks /p/ cares deeply about his thoughts on magnetism,
Where did I say I thought /p/ cared?
>or the person that cares deeply to give involved rebuttals to pseudoscience through a proxy source.
So you're somehow trying to claim that how I choose to entertain myself is equated to me caring about spreading the One True Word or somesuch? I'm bored. I'm entertaining myself through making fun of this.

As to your claim that I can't tell what's trolling and what's not, you're right, I don't know if this is trolling, but here's the thing, you don't either. Your stance that he's definitely a loon indicates that you don't really think he's trolling in this either. You thinks he believes this shit. It's not like Rockwell who is so clearly tongue in cheek that it takes real autism to miss it, this guy believes this bullshit and it's funny. He's now filled two hours of my life with mirth over this topic and for that I'm thankful and somewhat saddened at the whole of humanity because I think he's serious as hell.
>>
>>2784665
She did. The guy is nuts, and all current theories of how the world works suggest that he's nuts, but at the end of the day, 99.99976% of us are standing on the shoulders of giants in terms of what we know about the world. I've personally never seen the curvature of the Earth, or seen the sun up close to know that it isn't a powerful spot-light that some big giant all-knowing centipede is pointing at me. But the evidence that has been presented to me leads me to believe these things over what some people said might be true 1600 years before the invention of the microscope.

But even in the self-contained "let's assume he'd just as likely to be right as I am" video he's got here, he's inconsistent, provides no evidence or logic more concrete than "Just look at it! I mean, right?" so the chances that he's right are slim.
>>
>>2784673
>>quantum physicist working at cern thinks world is a dichotomy
And I didn't say that...or are you going to claim that an oversimplified statement about the nature of space is me claiming it to be a dichotomy?
>>
>>2784675
>I don't know if this is trolling, but here's the thing, you don't either.
Your folly is in believing humans can't be self-contradictory. That a person cannot troll you with their sincere beliefs.

He's always trolling, and he's always serious. He knows he's not taken seriously by most of his viewers, he has a small circle of equally-deranged folks that watch his stream religiously; that's basically the only group he seems to identify with.

You mock him because you fail to remember how often genius overlaps absurdity. Altogether, it's much more saddening than it is humorous because that connecting thread is as old as the human story.

Hey man, Empedocles thought he was literally Kanye West.
>>
>>2784678
How terribly fitting that you'd miss hyperbole in this context.
The 'dichotomy' you (very clearly from your words) believe in is that trolling and seriousness are in direct opposition to one another.

It shouldn't offend you to have me point this out to you, as I'm basically doing the same to you as you've done for baldie. Just as baldie ignores clear evidence of things in the world around him, you posit a dichotomy happily disproven by the simple existence of, say, film critics, or Christopher Hitchens

maybe you're just an eccentric, too :^)
>>
>>2784683
How do I deny that people are self contradictory? Absurd ideas are absurd irrespective of any other beliefs that are held. These are worthy of mocking. I'm sure Trump has had at least a few good ideas in his time, but that doesn't somehow make the rest of him immune to critique or mockery. In fact, since you've mentioned it twice, it heightens the level of tragedy. Were he an entirely worthless human or somehow incapable of doing anything sensible, then the situation would not be tragic. I mock him because he's espousing idiotic ideas, nothing more, nothing less. If you want to examine more deeply the interrelations of his fuckstupid ideas and his good ideas with respect to how he publically is perceived, feel free.
>>
>>2784698
I'd rather analyze why you feel the need to draw excitement from the tragedy of this specific other.
There are more demons there, as revealed by your reaction.

> I mock him because he's espousing idiotic ideas, nothing more, nothing less.
but would you argue in the mental ward or to a kid about the sanctity of the lord our Santa?

If your answer is no, then there is both something more, and something less to be found.
>>
>>2784698
Arguing with isi is only slightly more fruitful that arguing with a recording of the guy in the OP. Just let her win and move on. She's formless and shifty. Like trying to punch a cloud of smoke. You won't know it, but she's not even arguing the same point that you are. You know the scene in Jurassic Park where Muldoon is lining up a shot on the raptor, and there's two more coming at him from the sides? You don't want that mess in your life man.
>>
>>2784707
desu, part of the problem is also that there an anon around here the past few days who just argues with everyone.

I'm not sure what they get out of it.
>>
>>2784690
I'd posit that in light of certain goals, there is a dichotomy. In general there isn't. If you don't care about the efficacy of your message to certain audiences, the shape of your message doesn't matter. If you do care, then the shape does matter.
>>2784702
>feel the need
>more demons
I don't particularly feel any needs in either direction. I'm not an obligate corrector of stupidity nor a reactionary who must uphold the truths of the universe (or at least strike down those who disagree with me). In all of this, you are strawmanning that I pretend to be some great humanitarian, and that this is an incongruent behavior like you are somehow revealing this great mystery about me to myself. Even you asking about arguing in a mental ward or whatever that point was about Santa is an attempt through false parallels to prove I'm not the person I think I am or some such nonsense as though we're in some French New Wave remake of You've Got Mail where love is replaced with nihilistic deconstruction of self.

Ultimately, I'm curious as to why you feel the need to continue to do exactly what you're calling me out for. Or is this some meta-irony level you've intended all along where you get to pretend "haha, exactly! I got you good", and where I only pop in and do this sort of thing maybe once a month or so, your compulsion drives you here on an almost daily basis for years on end.

What demons are in you I wonder?
>>
>>2784717
>What demons are in you I wonder?
well, I am *not* Legion, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>2784717
did isi turn the boiler on? why are you sweating
>>
>>2784721
>>2784712

Stop fanning the flames.
>>
>>2784721
Because that picture of isi with dyed hair kinda reminds me of the chick in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCLY0Rlx6Q
to which I've been masturbating furiously.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 160x90
>>2784722
>>2784721
PS I don't think isi can actually dance though, but if she were capable of happiness, I think he's be kinda quirky fun like this dancer.
>>
>>2784728
she's probably a freak in bed though
>>
>>2784735
I honestly think she can't let go enough for real fun. One day though, she'll have a breakthrough and it'll be epic.
>>
>>2784735
There's nothing wrong with that. Anything else would be boring.
>>
>>2784742
this t b h
>>
>>2784742
I get the opposite impression.
>>
stopped after 12mins of him talking bullshit, what an idiot. Luckily I only listened to him while working, so at least my time was not completely wasted.
>>
>>2784935
can you imagine the level of autism involved in fucking isi?
she'd spend the whole fuck session correcting your technique while just lying like a starfish and claiming to be a sex god
>>
>>2785170
are you kidding? a tranny with daddy issues is basically a guarantee of the best sex you'll have in your life
>>
>>2785170
>wow you are really bad at sex
>is that the best you got?
>go back to whatever little shit hole you came from until you learn how to fuck
>you can't take a picture of us fucking unless your camera has an x-trans sensor
>you are a sad example of a human specimen
>I even have a bigger dick than you m8
>turn around and let me show you how it's done
>>
File: 1421903650757.png (19 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1421903650757.png
19 KB, 150x150
>>2785180
hnnnnnnngh

d-don't be so lewd, anon.
>>
>>2785180
>tfw /p/'s own bailey jay won't peg you
>>
File: Sensible Lok.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Lok.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>2785180
>>
>>2785180
Have you ever considered writing adult literature on Amazon?
>>
>>2785180
>Sexualy illiterate
>>
>>2784544
He seems to think quantum physics and theory of relativity are the same thing.
When they are in fact opposing theories.
>>
>>2784673
>the rabbit hole on this dude is way deeper

When he appeared as the Angry Photographer I delved a little deeper as my bullshit detector started twitching. It's way more sinister than 'lol, photographer likes magnets'.
>>
>>2785301
My understand is he's done this same thing in several fields. Tries to build an audience by talking about the field and then begins sharing his SECRET truths. Photographers seemed to just be the first ones that took the bait which is amazing given his work: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/134746128@N05/
>>
>>2785348
Well, at least we now know that anthropomorphic bald scrotums can operate cameras
>>
File: CompetentAnchoredGreathornedowl.webm (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CompetentAnchoredGreathornedowl.webm
183 KB, 1920x1080
>>2785195
>>
>>2785390
Is that a slowmo of him speaking english?
>>
>>2784544
just another looney. disregard him entirely.
>>
>>2785301
>SECRET truths
This: just donate...

Buddhism, Metaphysics, free energy...

His keep one page ahead of your students philosophy is quite funny at times (nikkor 500mm reflex).
>>
>>2785348
>>2785875
>>
>>2784544
This guy is full of shit, he also has a video denying wave-particle duality and his proof is that when you turn your camera upside down, no photons fall out. He also seems to be unable to grasp the concept of Group velocity.
Btw, is his work anywhere available? He seems like a massive gearwhore ranting about "micro rendition" etc.
>>
>>2787388
See >>2784643
>>
>>2787523
wtf, these are absolutely horrible, what is this guy talking about when hes comparing "micro rendition", all of his photos are absolut garbarge by any measure, be it artistically or technically.
>>
>>2785348
typical pentax user
>>
>>2787550
yup

He's an autist with a personality disorder. Donate. There are are so many secrets he can unlock for you.

It's easy to be a genius in a day centre for retards.
>>
>>2785348
usually audiophiles are the retards
>>
File: isi and ken.jpg (32 KB, 420x533) Image search: [Google]
isi and ken.jpg
32 KB, 420x533
>>
>>2784544
I can tell you this: scientists are guilty for all this mystic bullshit. They created all this pseudoscience when they started using the word "OBSERVER" to describe quantum interactions to plebs. Goddamnit
>>
>>2788984
what
>>
>>2787523
>literally test shots.
Are you guys even trying to bait or..?
>>
File: 25188951601_41bf240bb0_h.jpg (164 KB, 1600x743) Image search: [Google]
25188951601_41bf240bb0_h.jpg
164 KB, 1600x743
>>2784643
>https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/134746128@N05/
jesus christ this guy is sick. also, they look exactly the same
>>
>>2791865
You probably can't tell the difference without a chart telling you what values are higher. If you had a golden eye you would see that the two images are vastly different.
>>
The guy is a retard. He spouts off shit he knows nothing about and is demonstrably wrong about nearly everything he says.

He's also not even a photographer, he's just a gear queer. There's literally no reason to listen to anything he says.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.