[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Photography Contest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1456865828174.jpg (72 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456865828174.jpg
72 KB, 960x720
My college is having a photography contest, if I link to the page will you guys mind liking it for me?
>>
>>2782109
If it's better, your photo will get voted for. If it's worse, it will not. If this is the photo in question, I wouldn't chance it.
>>
>>2782115
Are you saying it's a bad photo?
>>
>>2782121
What's your subject in this picture? What's the story?
>>
>>2782121
Yes, I am. The horizon is tilted, the contrast is low, and the colors are bland, which lead a knowledgeable viewer to assume that you haven't put much effort into the image, either in capture, or in post processing.

The composition is sloppy, as the diagonal line formed by the concrete moves from left to right rather haphazardly, but close enough to being corner-to-corner that it seems like you tried for that and missed.

There's a think plane of focus for no discernible reason, and there's nothing of any interest in the focus spot

And worst of all, there's no apparent reason for having taken the photo in the first place. What should I be looking at in this photo? What's the subject? What was your motivation for having pressed the shutter on that composition, in that direction, at that very moment, other than "Man, I haven't played with my new camera in a while..."
>>
I agree with anon^
Only thing focused on in this picture is the concrete, and that's not what I would want to catch my eye first.
>>
>>2782142
The photo was originally taken as a reference photo for a landscape drawing. The focus is the detail of the concrete. I didn't pick the photo to be in the contest. I didn't even know it was gonna be for a contest when I uploaded it to my school's website. But, they picked it and here we are.
>>
>>2782150
We were focusing on texture in my drawing class, and this was the only thing that wasn't fabric or furniture like everyone else was doing.
>>
>>2782121
Not necessarily a bad photo but is it better then the others?

Also it is kind of a shitty photo, it's boring.
>>
Post the link already so we can see what it's u against.

I agree with >>2782142
>>
>>2782154
>The photo was originally taken as a reference photo for a landscape drawing
>>2782153

That's fine and good, but that doesn't make it a good photo.

If I burned my steak on purpose to show my class how to burn a steak, I have a good reason for why my steak is burned, but that good reason doesn't translate to having a good steak.
>>
>>2782166

Every time I try to upload the link, 4chan says it's spam.
>>
>>2782173
just press enter somewhere in the middle of the url to split it on 2 rows, like

www.thisismyu
rl.com/photocontestuheuhe
>>
>>2782175

https://
m.facebook.
com
/ColumbusStateUniversitySAA
>>
>>2782180
I like those ones, yours feels very empty, no story, no feeling. We don't have as much stuff to look at and it's a bit disappointing.

I think top photo should win
>>
File: 1447724124288.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447724124288.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>2782173
>Every time I try to upload the link, 4chan says it's spam.
Because it is.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.