[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I'm a landscape photographer who is still learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: 7.-Frost-Nova-web.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
7.-Frost-Nova-web.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
Hello,
I'm a landscape photographer who is still learning the ropes and would like to get a more ,,professional” look from his photos. I believe the problem to be in the post processing area and I have been taking all the common advice into acount (tripod, remote, mirror lock, etc). I am really aming for a clean sharp image with no noise, but no matter what I do I end up with a ,,dirty” look on all my photos. Could anyone give me some adive? Thank you, here is a shot that I am very proud of, will add more in this thread.
>>
File: 21.Jokulsarlon-Sunset-web.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
21.Jokulsarlon-Sunset-web.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
Here is another, I believe that the problem is more obvious here
>>
>>2775426
So i guess that it's a color issue. Thank you, I've been realy searching for this in a lot of internet tutorials, but all of them are really lacking advanced stuff.
>>
>>2775438
You made it worse
>>
>>2775438
Fuck no, OP's version is way better
>>
>>2775438
Interesting, I do not know if I like it because it is someone else's hand in editing or because it is similar to the edits I've been seeing on facebook.
>>
>>2775438
It looks sharper though, which I like
>>
File: 20160223-1456184957284.jpg (112 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
20160223-1456184957284.jpg
112 KB, 1000x563
>>2775418

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:22 23:31:45
>>
File: 25-web.jpg (836 KB, 1549x1024) Image search: [Google]
25-web.jpg
836 KB, 1549x1024
Here is a long exposure in black and white
>>
I know one thing, that watermark looks like lens flare or dust at thumbnail size.
>>
File: 9.Desolation.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
9.Desolation.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>2775460
I've been using a lended 14-24 nikkor lens, but it captured haze underneath due to the strange icelandic weather. Sadly it ruined a lot of my shots. Here is one where I didn't encounter the problem.
>>
>>2775467
ain't that a bit too harsh?
>>
>>2775464
cant unsee
>>
Hey I'm going to Iceland this summer. Any tips you could give about taking pictures or just being up there? It'll be the first time I can take decent landscape photos.
>>
>>2775420
How the fuck did you miss focus? Aren't you at f22 to get shots like this?

There's a bit of a halo around that central chunk of ice so maybe dial down the dehaze.
>>
>>2775489
I like this.
>>
>>2775492
Pack for the worst weather in mind and have plenty of snacks for extra energy. It may not seem like it, but it is a very tiredsome country to travel in (mostly because there is plenty to do and you will be moving from dusk till late night). A sturdy tripod is a must because weather can change really quick and also bring some protective stuff for your gear. You will be shooting close to waterfalls so keep plenty of clean microfiber cloth pieces in order to clean your lens. When going for the northern light, just wait. Don't get discouraged from a cloudy sky, weather in Iceland changes rapidly and the Aurora Borealis can show up in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>2775526
It's a huge piece of ice floating on the water. It moved during the long exposure.
>>
>>2775537
What happened to the top half of that image? Is that a light leak?
>>
>>2775540
? ? ?
you're joking right?
>>
>>2775540
I do not know, man, shit was green.
>>
>>2775542
Yes.
>>
These images aren't bad, but holy shit man that watermark is. It's a big ass, round distraction which is the first thing I see when looking at your photos.

If you absolutely NEED a watermark, then make it a quarter of the size and chuck it in one of the bottom corners, if you don't need it the get the fuck rid of it.
>>
>>2775543

A U R O R A
U
R
O
R
A
>>
>>2775721
i agree with this poster.
it looks a lot like a sun flare which pulls your eyes right away from all the lovely rocks and things
>>
File: crop.jpg (1 MB, 1761x1149) Image search: [Google]
crop.jpg
1 MB, 1761x1149
>>2775418
I don't really see your problem with that photograph?

At any rate, the photo is rather nice, but please crop out left 20% of the image.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.