[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flickr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: I_understand.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
I_understand.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
You have to wonder, why has Yahoo has allowed Flickr to fester and entropy?

• There has been very little change since Yahoo took over except for a few token changes in the format - something which many felt made the photo pages less ergonomic anyway.

• Investing in "pro" status is essentially pointless now that so much memory is on offer for free.

• "Camera roll" mode appears to have been hastily rolled out as an additional feature, but remains in Beta to this day.
This feature is ill placed - hoisted up, as it is, in front of Photostream (the sites clear cut preview mode) in the menu.
Its true function seems to be minor and not warranting of its own prominent page space.

• "Creation" mode seems stunted and expensive. There is no way of calculating shipping, nor is there much creativity in the variety of print styles.

• There has been zero effort to nurture any sort of community on flickr. The websites groups are detached and generally squabble in small dissipating threads.

• The site is being ran as if it were an unwanted child. A nuisance to its owner that feels betrayed by its dispassionate treatment - still wearing the same clothes it was 5 years ago.

Once upon a time people said that Flickr was going to blow up and outperform Instagram, but that never happened.

Long story short: Fuck you Yahoo.
>>
>>2768080
>using entropy as a verb
also whats the best site for sharing photos?
i just started shooting in december and have a flickr, viewbug, and 500px. dont want to keep updating all of them so what's the best of them and any others
>>
>site is being run like it's an unwanted child

It is unwanted. Yahoo is killing it (or selling it) within the fiscal year, supposedly.
>>
>>2768110
>Yahoo is killing Flickr

They wouldn't at this point. Too many people still rely on it to gain exposure.
>>
>>2768113
>Yahoo killing flickr

about damn time. I've left that shithole back in 2010 which was a great decision. Too much circlejerking/cocksucking (like those fucking awards n shit) has ruined the site for me.

500px is where it's at. There's some cocksucking going on as well but people are posting great stuff at the very least.
>>
Hopefully Flickr can make a comeback someday. So many favorites saved.
>>
>>2768148
There are a lot of big hitting photographers that still use it to show off their work.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.