[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newbie here! I've been looking up vidoes and guides on photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Canon-EOS-750D-01-970-80.jpg (57 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Canon-EOS-750D-01-970-80.jpg
57 KB, 970x545
Newbie here!
I've been looking up vidoes and guides on photography for the past 3 months now, from starters videos to experts and also concept theories. I think it's finally time to do some practical and buy my equipment now :)

What I've got in mind is a Canon EOS 750d. I am a student who hasn't got that much money on their hands. My budget is around £400 MAX though I'm trying to spend around £350.

Any tips to what I should get and how I could possibly get things for cheaper? I'm fine with 2nd hand equipment as long as it's trustworthy and not too crap.
>>
Nikon D3300 is a very good choice as far as i can see.

Also.

> Fucking gear thread
:)
>>
>>2767492
1. Read the sticky
2. Use the gear thread here >>2766194

Now delete this thread.
>>
>>2767492
eos m, a5100, a6000, g7,
>>
>>2767506
Crap too late, I can't!
Let's just hope that I won't be getting too much hate for it. Thanks for letting me know though!
>>
>>2767506
Yeah, let the guy trawl through the thousand shitposts like everyone else
>>
Unless you plan on doing video as well, the movable screen is a meme. It will rarely help you in a photo situation.
>>
>>2767620
>is a meme.
You retards have absolutely no clue what that word means, do you? And I'm not referring to it's technical meaning with respect to memetics, but even what it means as slang.

>rarely help you in photo situation
You're an idiot if you think this is the case.
>>
>>2767626
I have yet to come across a situation where I tell myself "I wish I had a tilt screen for this shot". Photography has been around much longer than tilt screens and people were doing just fine with out them. I know crouching might be hard on the kness sometimes but I still find that feature unnecessary.
>>
>>2767630
>I here pretend my experience is everyone's experience
>I now hilariously ignore shit like waist level finders
>I also can't imagine holding a camera in any way that doesn't put my eye to the view finder and assume people only use them to avoid kneeling

Fuck off guy. Your experience isn't everyone's nor is it even really generalizable. Just because you suffer from such functional fixedness that you don't find something useful does not make it useless. Your blanket dismissal is as egocentric as it is ignorant. Is it strictly necessary? Nope, but then little in photography can be described as necessary. Does it from time to time make shit easier? Absolutely.
>>
>>2767630
it's cool for shooting crowded concerts for overhead shots
>>
>>2767620
It can be super nice sometimes, and it's convenient to be able to flip it inside and forget about it/protect the screen. Miss it lot from my rabble.
>>
>>2767634
Lol, did I hit a nerve? You said yourself that it isn't necessary, it just makes thing easier. You just agreed with me.
>>
>>2767752
Nope, I just don't tolerate ignorance and stupidity well.
>it will rarely help
>I have *never* wished
>oh yeah, it makes things easier
You have literally changed your story three times, want to make it four?

Retarded hyperbole doesn't make you cool, it just makes you sound like a 14 year old who desparately wants to be cool
>>
>>2767754
Why you so mad, bro?
>>
>>2767492
Buy a t2i, you can find one for 200 dollars, even less if you're lucky. I think it's still the same sensor but I'm not sure. It's still very good for videos.
Spend some money in a cheap rig to stabilize your camera or even better build your own. Also Shitty chinese tripods are dirty cheap if you want to film something like that

Spend the rest in lenses, best one for price/quality are 50mm, in your case it'll become a 80mm so it may not be the best choice for an all around lens. The cheap 18-55mm canon kit lens is still good enough if you know what you're doing.

Keep in mind if you're doing your own sound, audio is more important than image quality, editing is more important than image quality, composition is more important than image quality.

And remember to disable resample before you render your videos because it fucks up everything but for some reason most people leave it on, they must love ghosting or something
>>
>>2769777
Ok I'm retarded, I quickly read your post and thought you wanted to film stuff instead of photography. Nevermind
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.