[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how do you carry your camera? Around your neck in front of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: dg7jy2dj8spnxzggtieo.jpg (71 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
dg7jy2dj8spnxzggtieo.jpg
71 KB, 800x557
So, how do you carry your camera? Around your neck in front of you or slung over your shoulder on your side/back?
>>
>>2767375
in my hand
>>
>>2767376

This question is for strapfags only.
>>
>>2767385
i wrap my domke gripper around my wrist
>>
File: camera how to.jpg (203 KB, 918x654) Image search: [Google]
camera how to.jpg
203 KB, 918x654
>>2767375
depends on if i have a backpack on. if backpack, then i carry it around my neck. no backpack and short prime lens then over the shoulder to the side
>>
>>2767390
why the 7 pic is wrong! WHY
>>
>>2767404
Arms out reduces stability by adding extra angles and more distance between the "attachment point". Elbows in braces them much more firmly, which adds to stability.
>>
>>2767406
Elbows in, for stability.
>>
>>2767390
if i ever saw someone doing #2 i would slap them
>>
>>2767410

I do it occasionally with larger lenses. Makes me feel girly. Come slap me, hombre
>>
>>2767417

Does being slapped make you feel girly? D-Do you like feeling girly, sempai?
>>
>>2767417
i'll slap anybody and everybody
>>
>>2767375
I wrap it around my wrist.
>>
>>2767375
My digital camera is in my pocket or on my wrist, my film camera hangs on a sling so it rests under my arm above my hip. The sling is the right length, so it can be pulled taught as I put it up to my eye to increase stability
>>
>>2767433
>>>/fa/
>>
>>2767438
Yeah, I know, I look like a dork when I'm out shooting. It's really the least of my concerns though
>>
tripod mount black rapid ripoff kinda thing. I love it. Doesn't feel like it will fall off at all.
>>
>>2767375
MF Hasselblad chained to my foreskin.
>>
Domke strap, over the shoulder, for any kind of casual work.

I used a double Black Rapid rig back when I was doing pro sports, but haven't dug it out in ages. (I wonder what ever happened to my BRs?) I also wore a Think Tank modular belt rig, and would holster the lens of whichever camera I wasn't currently shooting with into one of the lens pouches to take the weight off of my shoulders.

Neck straps are a terrible idea with DSLRs, there's potential for nerve damage and the strap gets all twisted up weird when shooting verticals. A camera just looks stupid and awkward sitting in the middle of your gut instead of off to the side, too.
>>
>>2767385
how the fuck do you carry a camera then

inb4 in a bag or some other manner causing you to miss tons of photo ops
>>
>>2767485
>nerve damage from a fucking strap
lol
>>
>>2767390
yeah i had a backpack (a slingbag, which is a subclass of backpack) and around the neck is the only place that works in that situation
>>
>>2767376
2nded, Yaschicamat btw
>>
Sling. Though, it's usually in my hand by my side.
>>
>>2767375
I take your mom off my dick and tell her to put my camera in her purse
>>
like this
>>
>>2767433
TAUT. TAUT, you fucking retard. Who taught you this shit?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.