[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best camera under £99?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: help.jpg (69 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
69 KB, 500x416
Need recommendations as I'm starting a photography course and where I study the cameras are comparable to mid 90's webcams.
All help is appreciated.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width500
Image Height416
>>
>>2762298
Under £99?
You wont get one better than the camera on your smart phone for less than £200
>>
>>2762298
film is always an option if you want a cheap camera, but developing costs quite a bit
>>
>>2762298
under £99, probably only film cameras will make the cut. you can get going with b/w film for very cheap if you develop it yourself; but then, it's another technique to learn.

maybe you can get an digital canon 300d or 400d for that price, that is, an old dslr, but still very good image quality (compared to point-and-shoot cameras, smartphones etc).
>>
>>2762531
just checked ebay.co.uk and seems that you can get an canon 400d/450d for under £99, easily.

it's a very good deal.

these cameras aren't up to most recent technologies, but, up to £99, no camera will be. they aren't no slouch either: 8~10mpx on a larger sensor (aps-c) are more than enough for amateurs use; especially when coupled with a reasonable lens (such as 50mm 1.8).

just be careful to assure that the camera has been well cared for.
>>
I got my Samsung NX 1000 for £100 then bought a 1982 28mm canon lens and adaptor for £20.
Worked like a dream.
The Samsung came with a 18-55mm lens I think.
>>
File: flickr chizuru-bis.jpg (370 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
flickr chizuru-bis.jpg
370 KB, 1024x678
>>2762973
Got pentax mz-5n with two zoom lenses for around 32 usd.

Hopefully one day I can take photos like pic related.
>>
>>2764978
meant for >>2762298
>>
>>2762973
>400d

Got to agree with looking at the samsungs line.

Not a system you want to invest into too much in terms of lenses but you can pick up some of the NX1000/1100 for very cheap £150/160 (much less if you get the ones without a kit lens and you buy or adapt one you own.)

Though those little fuckers dont have a view finder which makes bright light a pain in the ass to work in due to the screen glare.
>>
>>2765114
no idea why i typed >400d ignore plox.

but here is a body only listing for the nx1100 as an example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-nx1100-body-only-/222016067329?hash=item33b1305701:g:L9QAAOSw--1WtPwN
>>
>>2762298
Pentax MV1 for $45 or Pentax MX for $65?
>>
Nikon d70s. It is old but a great camera.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.