[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I achieve this kind of effect where the focus is on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (514 KB, 879x892) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
514 KB, 879x892
How do I achieve this kind of effect where the focus is on the head and the shoulders and torso are already slightly out of focus. What kind of lens do I need?

Also if you know any other great portrait pics of an 'about' page of an creative agency, feel free to post them here.
>>
>>2758798
You guys aren't very creative if you need help from us.
>>
>>2758802
Do you think the guys in the photo is my team? I found this photo online, and i post it here because I'm an AMATEUR photographer and I was asked by my old company to redo their 'about' photos. I just want some advice in renting the right lens.
>>
>>2758803
To achieve a shallow depth of field you need a lens with a small f stop, a 50mm 1.4 would be good for portraits
>>
>>2758798
It's just a low DOF, if you don't know how to achieve that, you need to read a very basic photography book. Heck your camera manual probably tells you how to do that.
>>
>>2758804
50mm equiv you mean?

op might have a crop sensor and end up with 75mm equiv lens for a portrait

tfw can't use my 50 f1.4 as a 50
>>
>>2758809
Since he said amateur photographer I assumed crop sensor, a 50mm on a crop sensor is a nice focal length for portraits
>>
1.8 is enough

buy a nifty fifty
>>
>>2758809
Yeah, crop sensor. I used to have a 50mm for my 550D and I couldn't really get the DOF like this. That's why I am asking if another lens is needed.

I get to use the camera of the company and I believe it's a 550D as well. I sold mine a while back.
>>
>>2758824
what if you moved the background farther away
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.