[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Casey Neistat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1
File: casey_portrait_818-818x545.jpg (91 KB, 818x545) Image search: [Google]
casey_portrait_818-818x545.jpg
91 KB, 818x545
My is this guy everywhere is he really that good?
>>
>>2753991
watch his daily vlogs. im presuming you've seen the snowboarding video. yes hes the best in my opinion
>>
>>2753991
I fucking hate vloggers, I find all of them annoying as fuck. But his are actually interesting, and entertaining. most his fan base are a bunch of faggot dick riders tho. Regardless he's a good example that you don't need gear to make great videos, a lot of his commercial and viral videos were shot on point and shoots
>>
>>2753996
i really don't like vloggers either, but i've been following his channel for almost 4 years now and i can't stop watching his vlogs daily.
>>
I liked the magic carpet video
>>
>>2754000
watch all his first videos on his channel, the short videos there the best, because it literally is a point and shoot and some cheap editing software
>>
i'll check him out then can one of you explain a background story so I dont gota watch all 300+ vlogs

hope you all have a great night!
>>
>>2754031
he used to have a HBO show with his brother, he made short videos really. his earlier videos i personally prefer like " Mind Games" and " Make it Count" i think there pretty inspiring. he started vlogging because he was getting bored of doing add's so he makes vlogs to challenge himself really.
>>
>>2754031
i also recommend watching "a love story 8 years in the making " " her water broke " and " my girlfriend candice " which is his wife
>>
>>2754037
Thanks man I will do started at vlog 1 and now im at 15 love it already
>>
>>2754035
Thanks m8 I'll be watching all night
>>
>>2754042
yeah hes addicting, hes so selfless its amazing i think thats why i prefer him to every other vlogger.
>>
>>2754042
>>2754043
also " my kid and me " is brilliant but it is 20 minutes long. his kid is the coolest
>>
>>2754044
I can see what you all mean like he says its not about the gear just the story and how he dropped out of school in gr10. I just love how after he dropped out he still made something out of himself >>2754045
>>
>>2754049
hes basically saying. i fucked up but i still made it, so can you.
>>
>>2754051
yes like if something ever hppenes and I gotta drop out I know that I just gotta try harder then everyone else and ill still be a somebody and not homeless and doing drugs
>>
4 posters 15 posts.
Lol.
>>
>>2754059
fuck it aha. just having a friendly chat
>>
>>2754060
>>2754059
This isn't /b we have friendly chats
>>
>>2754060
>>2754069
>just have friendly chats
>about samefagging like an insane man to shill your joke of a youtube channel
>>
>>2754078
That didn't make any sense. fuck yourself
>>
>>2754069
No we don't
>>
>>2753991
I find him a little obnoxious sometimes but his film-making is addictive. If I had big bucks and wanted to market my brand, this guy would be the first I called.
>>
>>2753991

he looks like a douche in the photo. But he is actually a pretty good guy and great father.
>>
>>2754099
>>2754113
you both are right like you're not gonna find another guy with those life traits or you could says he's one of a kind
>>
I started watching during a low point in my life. Honestly watching his vlog is the first thing I do in the mornings it seems to motivate me alot which is something you can't say about other vloggers. Iv'e become much more friendlier to other people particularly strangers and have realized about the little things in life that really matter.
>>
>>2754174
I feel pretty much the same but with pewdiepie I've start to watch he's video when i had severe depression and when he's fanbase wasn't to cancerous (a long time ago)
>>
>>2753991
literally who
>>
>>2753991
>most his fan base are a bunch of faggot dick riders tho
this thread is full of them. I suspect you started this thread because you are one yourself.

>is he really that good?
No.

If you want to learn about videoing techniques or whatever, go somewhere else.

That said, I sometimes watch his videos. He's not a bad storyteller, and I can see why the sad, depressed, and lonely latch on to him because his videos are "inspirational".
>>
Ugly cunt. I can't get past that pile of turd he calls a face. That new yorker air of superiority might have something to do with it too.
>>
nah he's shit
>>
Is this guy a scientologist or something?
>>
>>2753991
he makes good quality content and some of his videos are actually really awesome.
on the other hand he's just the typical 0.001% high school dropout that made it and it's actually proud of himself. once he opens his mouth everything goes to shit. he's also a workaholic.

he pisses me off mainly because many 15yolds and faggots are swallowing his bullshit philosophy.

But hey, you can despise a person yet enjoy what they do at the same time.
>>
>>2754292
It's not like he can do anything about it, can he? He compensates with personality, which has it's side effects. I'd take charismatic over fall in line personality any day of the week.
>>
technically he's shit, and he actually knows that and doesn't care. love his vlogs . he makes his gear work in his way and it works for him.
>>
>>2754113
nah, he's from my small hometown. my sister dated him for a while. he's a pretentious cunt, a shit person and a horrible father.
>>
Didn't expect this many bitter, jealous anons.
>>
nevermind that his content is garbage
just seeing the man's face should be enough to scare you away
>>
>>2755677
Topzoz, I'd never heard of him. Watched a couple of his vids including his 2015 recap. I just don't like him.

>You can do it Duffy Moon
>>
>>2755621
how long ago was that? Because people don't change, yeah? I hate the person I was even a few years ago. Most people don't know shit until they're well into their 20's, maybe 30's.
>>
>>2753991
>Casey Neistat
Never heard of this guy, I just watched one of his vlogs and it looked cool.
Few questions tho: why the fuck does he look like an ex heroin addict and why does he wear fucked up sunglasses and clothes stolen from homeless people?
>>
>>2757326

Cuz it looks cool.
>>
>>2757390
So that must be why I liked his vlog. Cool
>>
>>2757326
he lives on like 4-5 hours a sleep a night he runs every morning around 7-10 miles. hes made multiple videos about his glasses, he did it after shooting a mercedes benz advert.
>>
this is a forum for photography so it's not really the right place for it but i'll judge his 'overall thing'

he makes lazy privileged content for basic people. displays everything he does in a weirdly calculated slapdash way to make it look like he doesn't try but he's full tryhard. stuff like his carving his name into the back of his iphone :'D (i assume thats what he's done)

managed to jump into youtube and appeal to middle class (british) youtubers who are all about living life and experiencing things and making youtube content

just a bit of a nothing but fair play he makes a load of money by being shit

obviously an idiot cunt though but like i said fair play you don't affect me casey keep on keeping on.

'a creative'

etc
>>
>>2757599

A lot of his editing style and slapdash type elements or whatever were taken directly from tom sachs. they used to collaborate but now sachs wants nothing to do with him.

I still think Casey is pretty creative but I definitely wouldn't call his content lazy, his daily videos often seem like they take tons of effort to put out.
>>
I watched a couple of his vids. I've come back to this thread to ask what the fuck am I supposed to be getting from these vids? He seems to be a likeable guy with an interesting life. Why should I watch this?
>>
>>2753999
>>2753996
>>2753995
Are you guys serious? They're better than most vlog's sure, but I stopped after his 10th. It's just more of the same. There's no content.
>>
It can't be denied that he is a cunt, however it is also a known fact that he has an abnormally large penis.
>>
>>2753991
He's shit
I watched 2, he's shit
>>
>>2753991
It really doesn't matter if some obscure image board thinks he's 'good'. Dude is successful as fuck.
>>
>>2753991
I find it funny how he is extremely simplistic and straight to the point with his camera handling. The timelapses are the best in this regard, just a freaking sped up video. And it works, cause it's all about the content.
>>
>>2762216
This description makes him sound like your average /p/oster with the added benefit of not having a micropenis.
>>
I haven't heard of him.

Apparently he lives in my city.
>>
>>2763884
Looking into it he lives down the street from me.

In the super rich beach-house part of the city. Probably why I've never seen him, those people never leave their little area.

Small city otherwise, everyone knows everyone.
>>
>>2763884

He lives in New York.
>>
>>2763912
Apparently he has a 'weekend home' here in New London.
>>
I don't know if I've ever seen a more punchable face
>>
>>2762226
Yeah, right on. Thanks for posting.

High five.
>>
seriously tho... he's a guy just doing his thing and making content. you can't hate people for doing something that blows up and entertains the masses. I just find his adventures somewhat interesting at times.
>>
>>2753991
>My is this guy everywhere is he really that good?

No. Just because he owns a camera of sorts does not mean he has any revelance to /p/
>>
>>2770052
I don't hate him, I don't even know him, and I'd never heard of him before this thread.
I'm just strugggling to see what use his videos are other than passing time. And why the fuck is it posted here? I've only skipped through a couple of vids but I couldn't see anything about photography or cameras on any of them.

Even if he's just a pleasant waste of time, fuck that. There are hours worth of classic films I've not got around to, new films every day, great TV shows written by great writers, excellent video-games, life-changing books, and YouTube channels that could teach me about photography. Why in the fuck would I watch another man's diary?
>>
>>2771336
why the fuck would you waste time posting here when you've got all that stuff to watch?
>>
>>2771353
>Implying I'm not currently watching a YouTube video about Seagul TLRs.

I've learned a lot about photography since coming here and it doesn't conflict with old gear tutorials. Watching this guy's diary would so I'd like to know what possible benefit there would be or what the fuck it's doing on a photography forum.
>>
Samefagging all up in here
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.