[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best way to organize home photos? I use lightroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.jpg (33 KB, 292x519) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
33 KB, 292x519
Whats the best way to organize home photos?

I use lightroom for work, and it's pretty ok since it fits well in my workflow. But when I have to download a shitload of pictures from Christmas, Birthdays and travelling... its hell.

Specially phone pictures.

What's the best way to manage iPhone photos? It's a just tier system to be honest. Not only does it create random internal folders that are a mess when you open them with windows explorer, but in the phone itself, albums, collections and the like are shit tier, actually duplicating photos to store them in different albums instead of moving them.

Anyhow, everytime I want to backup my photos, I end up with a complete copy of my phone since I can't just copy whats new.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerRodrigo
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2740455
I use flickr "uploadr". It gives you 1tb of space and your pictures remain private.
>>
>>2740457
doesnt flickr compress the shit out of your auto-uploads though?
>>
>>2740458
I didnt know that

:o
>>
I use picasa.
>>
Lightroom is too heavy, especially its thumbnails. I just use folders, naming each one with place and date.
>>
I use folders, basically like that year>month>place and other describing words.
>>
Folder are cool for storage, but what about downloading.

Is iPhoto on windows viable?
>>
>>2740458
I havent noticed it at all on my high-res pics.
>>
ISO date yyyy-mm-dd_hhmmss keeps everything ordered nicely in your file manager. Keep a text file with the dates of certain shoots in chronological order or just use yyyy-mm-dd [brief summary] folders
>>
by emulsion and by roll number :^)
>>
I got a new computer and DESPISED what Apple turned iPhoto into. It's awful. Matter of fact, so is iTunes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.