[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: WreckLongExposureRocks.jpg (129 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
WreckLongExposureRocks.jpg
129 KB, 800x800
Looking for feedback on the sets, image order, etc. It's super basic HTML that I did myself but I think it gets the job done. I also have two new sets in the works but feel like I shouldn't post any photos from them until the set is complete.

The built section is for my design work that I'm still organizing and needing to do some supplementary drawings for.

www.andrewtomchyshyn.com

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNikon
Camera ModelNikon SUPER COOLSCAN 9000 ED
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1799
Image Height1799
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution290 dpi
Vertical Resolution290 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2009:03:23 21:06:38
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
One bump before heading to bed.
>>
Pics load slow as fuck for me, might wanna use something better than photobucket.
>>
>>2740509
I'm going to move the photos to my hosting site soon. Didn't realize it was THAT slow though. Is it slow for everyone else?
>>
>>2741064
yeah, photobucket is absolute trash

may want to save on bandwidth and just register on imgur and chuck them all on there
>>
>>2740371
html wise your site is a mess, wtf are you doing without a stylesheet and loading link styles on 3 seperate occations? and tables instead of divs, are you serious, what is this 2004?

i like your we were lost part 1 series, i'd prune the one shot with the tent, it breaks the mystery

the others are ok too, although the vietnam series reads a lot more like a travel report for me than the others. i can't quite put my finger on it but i'd reconsider the inclusion of some of those streetshots
>>
>>2740371
Everything works for me.
I didnt give a single shit about website cuz i really dig your pics dude.
>Made me wanna go to murica :^)
>>
>>2741989

(he's canadian)
>>
>>2741990
well then canada it is .
>>
>>2741067
I have 300gb of bandwith a month, so I'll just move them to my hosting. Cheers for letting me know!

>>2741726
Totally, and considering I took an HTML class in 2006 your date is pretty accurate. I know nothing of coding so this was the best I could come up with. I don't even know what what occasions and divs are...
Thanks for the feedback on the images. I wondered about that tent photo too. I was going for a more documentary style feel for the Vietnam set so if that's how it reads I'm happy.

>>2741989
Thanks dex! North America is full of amazing places. The diversity of landscapes makes for an excellent destination for long term travel.

>>2741990
>>2741991
Most of the landscapes were shot in America. I have dual citizenship and have probably logged 20k+ miles road tripping the US.
>>
>>2740371
>www.andrewtomchyshyn.com
oh just hyperlink your email.
that shit is so annoying.

Anyway, the photos are great but i hate the gray background.
>>
>>2740371
Jeeze man. You're really better off spending like $20 on a theme and using wordpress or other CMS. Site isn't responsive, slow loading times, clunky navigation.

Some lovely photos though. Deserves a better displaying website
>>
>>2740371
1. When I open up the first page, I can actually see the pixels on the words photo and built. Fix that, looks very unprofessional

2. I understand that you're going for a minimalist theme but you might try to rethink the whole color scheme. Black on a grey background just doesn't look very appealing and you might also think about adding just a few more graphical elements to not make the site look so stale

3. Your start page should include some text as well. Maybe part of your about, maybe some inspirational quote or something, but just with the picture it's really not enough

4. Make your series into galleries or at the very least make it so that when people click on the picture they get to the next one (seriously, nobody is going to scroll down and look for that small next)

5. Isn't there an option to include your instagram feed on your site? If so, do so

6. Remove the (at) and (dot] from your mail address wtf. Makes it annoying to copy.

But as others said, great pictures, especially the somewhere series. They deserve to be displayed better

Also what exactly do you plan on putting up in the build section?
>>
File: IMG_5977.jpg (623 KB, 883x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5977.jpg
623 KB, 883x1000
>>2742017
Thanks for the feedback! I chose grey because some of my photos are rather dark and on a white background they would appear even darker. I thought it was a good middle ground but can see how it would turn some people off. Last time I had a website I had a name and people complained and said I should just use my name. Honestly I have no idea what else I could use. I don't have a company or anything...

>>2742022
I'll look into wordpress. Honestly web design is totally over my head (obviously) but everyone here is saying in unison the site needs work so I'll get on it. Thanks for the honest feedback!

>>2742052
Hey thanks a lot for the critique! I agree with a lot of what you are saying and it comes down to me not knowing how to code for it properly (like clicking the images to go forward/backward). I'm going to look into wordpress and see what I can come up with. Hopefully then I can tackle some of the other issues with the site aesthetics that you and others have pointed out. I included a link to my instagram in my About section.

As for the built section I studied architecture and for 18 months worked a design/buildesque gig at my previous job and was going to include some of those projects in addition to some personal projects I've done in my spare time. Pic related (process shot).

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 4S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1920
Image Height1920
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:11 21:02:34
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Brightness2.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.28 mm
CommentProcessed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width883
Image Height1000
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
great photos, god awful website
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.