[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battery Died While Loading Film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (991 KB, 4147x3110) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
991 KB, 4147x3110
So I was loading some 35mm into my camera and it died midway through. Turns out I had less battery life than I thought. So I replaced the dead batteries with some unlabeled Chinese ones I forgot I had and it kept going till it stopped at 11.

Now I'm not sure what to do since it only thinks there's 11, because it automatically rewinds the film back into container once you've used all the shots.

So basically I was wondering if there's a way I can get the camera to realize there's actually 24 shots? Sorry if I'm forgetting something obvious, I haven't used film in a long time.
>>
Find a darkroom or a completely dark area and you'll have to manually pull the film out of the back and rewind into the casette
>>
>>2737286
So by completely dark do you mean like I can't see my hands?
>>
>>2737290
Yes. What happens if you take a 1 second exposure of a dark room? 2? 4? 8?
>>
Is there no button you can press with a pin to force a rewind?
>>
>>2737300
Just googled, not sure on the model but it seems to be the same for a few different canons

>1) Turn the command dial to ISO mode.
>2) Remove the lens (or at least unlock it on the EF bayonet).
>3) Push the rear buttons together simultaneously. The camera will rewind.
>4) Replace or relock the lens.

If that doesn't work just search the model and "mid roll rewind"
>>
>>2737306
It's a Canon Rebel T2.
>>2737300
Thanks. After looking hard I found this button. Is it the one?
>>
File: 4A6IwFF.jpg (1009 KB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
4A6IwFF.jpg
1009 KB, 3456x4608
>>2737314
Oops forgot pic. And there is no ISO setting on mine.
>>
You could take 11 blank exposures, let the camera rewind your film and then try to get the leader out.

You could then use double-sided tape on a piece of exposed film, insert it into the cartridge and hope the tape sticks to the leader, then pull it out.
>>
Alright well I rewinded it and got it out. Trying to use the trick shown in this video because no double sided tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnwVLaaQbkw

It's not fucking working though so idk
>>
Some upper-echelon Canons have an option to rewind with leader out, I can't remember if the T2 does but it was the highest echelon Rebel camera so it might.
>>
File: image.jpg (975 KB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
975 KB, 4608x3456
Alright well I just figured out why it was so difficult to get out. Somehow the fucking leader folded and went in anyway. I think I got it though.

Btw thanks everyone
>>
>>2737362
I think most Canons with Custom Functions can do it.
I can't be fucked most of the time, I want to be able to shoot film all the way to the end of the roll, so I rarely use EOS slrs.
>>
>>2737370
I GOT IT

How the hell did the leader fold over itself?
>>
File: image.jpg (828 KB, 3226x2419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
828 KB, 3226x2419
So yeah what I've learned today is don't try to load film with nearly dead batteries
>>
>>2737370
that film slit looks bent, make sure it's still light tight
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.