[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello friends, i have a question for those who used this lens,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hello friends, i have a question for those who used this lens, is it worth 364 eurobucks? I'm not afraid to use full manual and to be frank this is going to be my first prime lens i'll buy, or should i get the 50mm 1.4 from cannon?

Also newbie question general i guess.
>>
>>2736712
Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>2736715
meet me somwhere motherfucker.
>>
>>2736712
I'm sure it will be an okay lens. I've used the 14mm and it was alright, definitely soft in the corners. If you're willing to spend more, go with the sigma 50mm, it's better than the canon 1.4. And I'm not talking about the sigma art series lens, just the regula 50 1.4 that costs around 400 USD
>>
>>2736722
Thanks friend.
>>
>>2736712
you need to know you are going to be manual focusing, i woudl just get the 50mm f1.8
>>
>>2736712
For almost 400 currency units, why the fuck are you looking at manual glass? Get the native Canon lens in that price point.
>>
What about the sigma 30mm 1.4 art? On a crop sensor like mine it's very close to that 50mm equivalent.
>>
>>2736876
The Sigma Art lineup is almost all great lenses, including the 30mm f/1.4

(The 18 and 30mm f/2.8 are arguably not *that* great, but they're still cheap.)
>>
>>2736876
I would say stay away from buying crop lenses. Yes they are less expensive, but if you ever wanted to move to full frame in the future, you'd have no lenses
>>
>>2736980
Agreed. Buy glass to last. We may see inexpensive full frame cameras in the future.
>>
>>2736712
I own and use the 85. The only thing that bothers me are chromabs. they can be corrected. the sharpness is gud tho. I shoot it between f2-f8 and its my fave lens.
>>
>>2736712
Why not justto start with M42 50/1,4 manual? Pancolar, Takumar - they are also nice.
>>
>>2736980
One anon has posted examples with the 30mm on his film Canon, the lens actually covers the full imaging frame and doesn't look that bad. And he can always resell, especially if he buys used.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.