[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why photographers are usually so fucking ugly/fat or beta?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
Why photographers are usually so fucking ugly/fat or beta?
>>
People behind the camera are usually people that wouldn't have a career in front of it.
>>
>>2734590
Speak for yourself. I am awesomely good looking, I lift regularly and travel frequently to exotic cities, mountains and jungles where most people are scared to go alone. Girls often ask me to take their photo.
>>
>>2734590
I don know about that because whenever /p/ has self portrait threads a lot of the cucks pictured are pretty good looking.
>>
>>2734729
That's how it usually is though. The people who are average or good looking post their pics more. The ugly are self aware and spare everyone else from seeing them.
>>
>>2734733
No, the people who think they are special snowflakes post their pics more.
>>
>>2734740
Attention whores. Posting pics for attention is fucking bullshit. Go to reddit, am I right.
>>
File: Tonisha.jpg (15 KB, 317x317) Image search: [Google]
Tonisha.jpg
15 KB, 317x317
This guy makes me gay.
His waifu is pretty good too.
>>
>>2734750
He looks like a complete nerd back in the day. See:
>http://www.pcdigitalhome.co.uk/photosvideo/waystoprint.htm

>>2734719
This. I won't say that I'm really good looking but at least as photographers we should lift and exercise to improve our body. As compared to other artist we use our bodies more. Photography is quite physically demanding. Improving your social skills is a must as well especially with portraits. I can say it is more important than gear but nost photogs bother with gear more as compared to important aspects such as this.

Yeah I think OP is partially right. I see photogs who are really fat and the holocaust survivor ones. At least improve your physique.
>>
>>2734760
>back in the day
we lookin at the same bloke m8?
>>
>>2734762
That's him
>>
>>2734750
>This guy makes me gay.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. His voice is so soothing, like the voice of Jesus Christ himself.
>>
>>2734990
He is talking absolute bollocks though
>>
>>2734760
>photography is physically demanding

Fucking what?
>>
>>2734760
>photography is quite physically demanding

Not necessarily

>you need to have good social skills
Not everyone wants to be a portrait or wedding photographer though.
>>
>>2735156
You have to go to places
>>
>>2734590
beta? looooooool maybe you are looking at the wrong people, at the mediocre.
>>
>>2735162
>you need to be in peak physical condition to walk around with a camera
Again, fucking what?
>>
>>2734733
Thats true, i part of them.
>>
>>2735169
You haven't seen a lot of photogs then. I saw even event photogs who are too fat or need a sammich because they might break just by carrying a tripod. The big ass DSLR plus long zoom lens together with the CaNikon strap makes them even more awkward looking.

Photogs are usually not concerned about how they look. Look at Youtube Photogs only Jared Polin lifts though it doesn't matter because he looks like he knows shit.
>>
File: 1445892948968[1].jpg (194 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1445892948968[1].jpg
194 KB, 1024x683
>theydoitforfree

idk maybe because they couldnt find self worth in anything and then after spending like what 10 grand, taking one good pic (eg small aperture), and then feeling themselves over a comment they decided to become "professional" photographers
>>
>>2735836
>carrying more than one cam

Why.jpg
>>
>>2735851
35mm + 85mm for events
>>
>>2735836

cosplay photo is sad as fuck.
>>
>>2735156

The great thing about medium or large format is that a shitty day of photography is still a good day of exercise.

Sounds like you need to leave your basement more often or get a real camera.
>>
>>2734590
why you can't construct a question in English properly?
>>
>>2735855
If you are getting paid and is the designated photog for the event then sure but if you are not then one lens is more than enough.
>>
>>2735891
>a shitty day of photography is a good day of exercise
If all you do is lift weights and lug around gear then you're not really a photographer.

But I already know you are just "trolling" so I'll leave you to it.
>>
>>2735891

Just end it
>>
>>2735891

>literally dozens of dollars hanging around his neck
>>
>>2736121
hahahaha! You just got me in trouble for laughing at work while I'm supposed to be working on reports.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 940x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 940x624
>>2734590
they might look fat and ugly, but you don't get the right to call them beta before you've travelled to a war zone yourself, photographed serbs committing horrible war crimes and still manage to get a perfect composition.
>>
>>2736121

>stabilized Canon L glass
>dozens of dollars

4/10 I replied
>>
File: 1451439880614.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1451439880614.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>2736231

getting you to reply would make it a 4/10.

getting to you reply and say that "NAH UNH MY GEAR IS REALLY VALUABLE" makes it a flawless victory.
>>
>>2735280
>1.5kg camera, 1.5kg in lenses, 3.5kg tripod, and 0.5 in bag/accessories.
Yeah trotting around for many kilometers with 7kg of metal is pretty easy.
>>
>>2736231

end it already.
>>
>>2736236

Your attempt at trolling is futile at best.

Learn from the master.
>>
>>2736264
But... he got you to reply... so... it literally succeeded. What does he need to learn?
Also, much like the trolls who existed before your time, it was funny, rather than just making everyone angry, like you do.
>>
>>2736264
Except you're not a master troll, you're an unfunny, fat, middle aged hack who is steadily going bald.

Remember to look in the mirror before you go to bed and tell yourself it isn't true.
>>
>>2736278

>isn't master troll
>got you to reply to 1/10 bait
>>
>>2736294
I don't think holding a two way conversation really counts as "bait" or "falling for bait" I think it's just normal human interaction. Have you forgotten what that's like already, being out on the road where your only contact with other humans is when they pay you $8 to fuck you in the ass?
>>
>>2736249
7kg is barely noticeable when distributed around your body.
Do you have AIDS or something?
>>
>>2736249
1.) Not everyone walks around with a ton of heavy gear
2.) If you do that then yeah go ahead and work out, I guess it helps
>>
Some subjects are more physically demanding than others of course.

But it doesn't really have anything to do with photography, it's a matter of self respect. Being a fat, unhealthy slob isn't cool or clever no matter how you try to frame it. Unless you are genetically made that way there is no excuse for it other than laziness.

Avoid cigarettes, junk food and soda. Workout several times a week. You will look and feel much better and you will be mentally and physically more alert.
>>
>>2736616
>avoid cigarettes, junk food and soda
Sure, that works

>workout several times a week
>several
Depends on what workout means for you. I'd say 4-5 times a week is plenty for the average person who has shit to do, and isn't intoxicated with how others view him while he uses a camera.
>>
>>2736623

>4-5 times a week
Yup, mix of resistance and cardio

>the average person who has shit to do
If they spent less time shit posting here they would have plenty of time for working out. The board would be in better shape too
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.