[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi there /p/eople, the house I'm moving to has an addictional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dr.jpg (27 KB, 570x390) Image search: [Google]
dr.jpg
27 KB, 570x390
Hi there /p/eople,
the house I'm moving to has an addictional bathroom (9x5ft) so I'm planning to set it up as a darkroom; it has a washing machine (top right) and a radiator under the window (right).

What would be the best way to organize it, in your opinion?
>>
>>2731140
Are you planning on making enlargments? Or just developing negatives?
>>
>>2731140
What is your bathroom addicted to?
>>
>>2731140

That's fucking great you're gonna have a darkroom!

I would keep shit away from that radiator tho.
>>
>>2731152
Yes sir, enlargements as well
>>
OP here
forgot to say pic is related, it's my actual bathroom

>>2731176
lol right, dunno why i added that "c"

>>2731184
ty man
>>
>>2731140
Small table between sink and door for messing with film (Unrolling, dev, etc). Small table between toilet and bath for enlarger. Shelves under the table for paper and tools. Table between sink and window for tubs of chemicals. String over the tub for hanging prints.
>>
>>2731140
when I set up a dark room I like to have a at side for chemicals storage and development and a dry side for printing trimming etc

if you don't plan on using the toilet I would get rid of it and cap the drain pipe. simplest way to get more room for a storage shelf or a table and its a real simple task.
>>
>>2731227
No, he can't get rid of the toilet. That's where his final prints are going to go as soon as he's done with them.
>>
>>2731229
shouldn't you be taking pictures of your computer keyboard or something?
>>
>>2731229
OP here.
I accept your challenge, anon :) let's keep this thread alive for like four weeks and I'll post at least two decent prints.

Also, general DIY darkroom thread.
>>
File: 1451324148004.jpg (46 KB, 570x390) Image search: [Google]
1451324148004.jpg
46 KB, 570x390
would probably built some table to put on top of the bathtub with some drillings through the plate. Then get development boxes with sinks and attach some hoses to those. Front could be left open for cleaning the bathtub.
This way it's also completely reversible with only little effort.

Easiest way would be to get some rotary processor.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>2731561

not OP but this is a good layout. I've got a similar but more cramped bathroom and I have the enlarger on a cantilever table with wheels so it can be slid in place over the toilet
>>
>>2731561
awesome idea

>>2731594
I'm writing that down too :) a wheeled table would be great

thanks mates!

Last detail: ventilation :/ do you guys think I'd better link a range-hood extractor to the window, or maybe connecting two fans (one in, one out) to door and window will just do?
>>
>>2731140
placing the wet area near the window wouldn't be an issue imo, maybe on the bottom right so it won't directly touch the radiator
>>
>>2732938
nah man, better keep the chemicals at the same temperature (e.g. 68 °F)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.