[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for cheapest yet acceptable full hd camcorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: film-production.jpg (198 KB, 1600x933) Image search: [Google]
film-production.jpg
198 KB, 1600x933
>tl;dr I am looking to get into filming and editing music videos.
>looking for basically the cheapest respectable full hd camera
what do I mean by that?

basically the lowest on the bar to shoot a high quality music video without the type of budget high end artists / producers my have.

Between my group of friends I have a passionate and locally successful rap artist, a friend who is passionate and skilled about music producing (which I am too), a friend who is passionate (but does not have the money for) directing (he has a lot of story boarded movies for the sake of practice). We already have a skilled producer and I've lost my passion for being an artist but I would like to start filming for my buddy.

your help is greatly appreciated as I am in the very beginning stages of learning film equipment.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>2728076
also looking for information on the following specs of camcorders such as what it is and what i may be losing/gaining by having the lower/higher end of each spec

>minimum focal length range
>viewscreen display size
>optical zoom
>maximum focal length range
>camcorder media type (flash memory, minidv, minidvd)
>video sensor size
>>
>>2728076
Some Blackmagic or a GH4, perhaps?

And then all the accessories and lenses and stuff needed.
>>
>>2728078
>Blackmagic or a GH4
He needs only HD not 4K.
>>
Try asking in video general

Also post a budget. Saying "cheapest acceptable camera" suggests to me you might be into a shock.. A $150 camcorder will not produce anything approaching acceptable results

>minimum focal length range
Look up what focal length is (in photography). You'll probably want to frame some tight clips for hip-hop, so you'll probably want to be able to zoom in. Being able to zoom out will also allow ou to getfunky aggerated proportions proportions shot. If you end up with a DSLR, the 18-55mm kit lens should cover your needs
>viewscreen display size
Bigger is nicer?
>optical zoom
That's focal length
>maximum focal length range
>camcorder media type (flash memory, minidv, minidvd)
Flash. SD or CF. Are you looking at 2004 models or something?
>video sensor size
This is the shit. Sensor size is the ost important thing for quality. Main difference between good cameras and bad cameras is sensor size
>>
>>2728076
>>2728097
Not OP here, and also no problem expert, but don't a lot of people use a DSLR as the entry level video recording device?
>>
>>2729499
go with a micro 4/3 camera. like panasonic g2. mirrors add expense one absolutely dont need when shooting video.
>>
>>2729518
>g2

I hope you were trying to write GH2, anon.
>>
>>2728076
We are looking for users who know HOW TO USE THE GEAR THREAD!
Fuck your shit!
>>
>>2728076
Buy a 5D2
>>
Easy Second-hand Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
>>
Go score a nikon d5300 off ebay for 400-500 US denars. It does 1080p60fps and is great for beginners. If your budget allows, get the body only and a nice lens. (The kit lens is meh)
D5300 does not have an af motor so keep that in mind if you need autofocus (you're doing video, you will be using manual focus anyways)
>>
>>2730002
this or a rx100 III or a lx100 (both new are the same price as a used 5D 2)
>>
>>2729499
if you already do photography and already own dslr gear, glass and accessories yes if you just want to do just video well get something else
>>
>>2730205
Not op but I did this.
>>
File: 5.jpg (60 KB, 640x431) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
60 KB, 640x431
>>2728076
Get an used t2i and install Magic Bullet on it. Yes it's a dslr, but the sensor is great and if you know how to properly cc, you can make great stuff and I mean "professional looking" stuff, if that means anything. There are no camcorders at that price range that can give you that image quality.

Try finding some cheap lenses, (good 50mm lenses are very cheap), then adapt your style to that focal length if you can't afford other lenses.

Build a shoulder rig, it's inexpensive and easy to do, youtube is full of tutorials.

Learn how to light your scene, there are many books/videos online with everything you need to know, if you can't afford artificial light learn how to deal with the sun and windows.

Learn how to use premier/final cut, learn how to properly cc your stuff.
>>
File: Godzilla-facepalm.jpg (31 KB, 349x233) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla-facepalm.jpg
31 KB, 349x233
>>2731529
>install Magic Bullet on it.

other than that it's not bad advice actually, you can learn a lot with this cam.
>>
>>2731536
LOL yeah I meant magic LANTERN. I wrote a long post explaining why it may be useful then I noticed the typo.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.