[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Camera // Please Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: katze.jpg (47 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
katze.jpg
47 KB, 1080x720
what's up /p/, my camera got stolen with about 600 photos of sweden a month ago and now I finally have the money back. I had a simple D3100 with a friend's lens on it, looking for a bigger caliber now though.
I have about 600-1000 bucks to spend on a camera and will have more for a lens in the coming months. I'd like to stay digital if possible because film takes a shitload if time to process in my town compared to the mere minutes I need to export my RAWs.
What would you recommend me for travelling purposes/low light photos? (say parties, hikes, camping, random town strolls, smokey bars, etc.)

~thank you~
>>
picture related, me and my cat buddy.
>>
Also thinking about getting a Canon because of the bittersweet Magic Lantern software. Not sure though.
>>
Hasselbald 500CM and a smattering of lenses because why the fuck not
>>
File: Vanity.jpg (554 KB, 2048x1363) Image search: [Google]
Vanity.jpg
554 KB, 2048x1363
Also have some vanity, my favorite picture of myself.
>>
>>2719359
>digital
>Hasselbald
No anon. Thanks for the reply though.
>>
>>2719362
Just joshing with ya pal. If you've already got canon lenses stick with canon
>>
>>2719363
don't have any anymore, all my stuff was stolen unfortunately.
>>
Not one of you, /p/?

Do I really have to ask Reddit? Really?
>>
File: mango.jpg (205 KB, 1000x634) Image search: [Google]
mango.jpg
205 KB, 1000x634
>>2719355
why not get a nice point and shoot? Just do some research on what has decent performance in low light. I believe there are some great cameras like that in that price range.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3343
Image Height2120
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:12:10 12:28:51
Image Width1000
Image Height634
Unique Image ID9029c56c2a249b7037e762193a03b1ad
>>
>>2719371
because I'd like to buy multiple lenses down the road. Thanks for the rec though. I'm also not really into small camera bodies.
>>
File: mangos.jpg (158 KB, 644x1000) Image search: [Google]
mangos.jpg
158 KB, 644x1000
>>2719373
>>2719371

Hmm well I recommend a smaller camera body if you want to do travel stuff. A mirrorless camera like Sony a6000 or Fuji x100 are also small but have interchangable lenses.

If you don't want a small camera body, then just choose a DSLR that is in your price range and is known for being good at high ISO. They're really all the same and are all capable of taking great pictures, despite all the gear arguments you see on the internet. Those people are basically nitpicking really small stupid shit.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2152
Image Height3344
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:12:10 12:31:25
Image Width644
Image Height1000
Unique Image IDe35de64d0e405f31d45f62857cd9650e
>>
>>2719379
Thanks anon! I honestly don't mind the camera being bulky as long as it's relatively weatherproof. Got any recommendations in the <1000$ price range? There's just so many out there.
>>
dude, you seem like a bro, so ill chime in with real help(TM).

first of all, beware of the mirrorless shills of this board. theyll try to persuade you of not getting a dslr and will bribe you into some toy camera tomfoolery. youre better than that.

that said, get this OP:

-canon T3i (good for photos, very good for video, does 24p full HD)
-Yongnuo flash YN560-III
-50 1.8 canon lens
-18-55mm (this comes with the camera about everytime)
-for low light stuff: any 50 1.4 m42 (super takumar is a good choice), you put it in with an adapter that costs about $1
-extra batteries
-solid tripod
-bag for all this shit

all of that is on the 600-700 range. with the change you can buy yourself a small and cool trip. bring pictures. cheers.
>>
>>2719387
aw thanks man, this is exactly what I was looking for. Might just save up for something bigger but I'll see about that tomorrow, really need to sleep right now. Thank you for the list! The flash/lens rec especially.

Will do soon, you guys are cool. I might just stick around~

PS You're a bro too, bro. ™
>>
Did you replace your friend's lens?
>>
>>2719388
you're a fucking idiot. if you are a "photographer" and you can't figure out what gear to buy on your own you're totally fucked. get your mom to hold your hand if you need help, this board is for big boys. jfc.
>>
>>2719391

pls go
>>
>>2719391

OP isn't a photographer dipshit, can you not understand english from what has been posted so far?
>>
>>2719389
No, it was a gift. Well, he killed himself and I got it from his mum so I can't really give anything back.
>>
>>2719391
Thanks anon, I didn't know I'm not a photographer. Figures, I don't even have a camera! I guess I must've overlooked some rational thought patterns there. Like your need to channel your agression towards strangers on the internet. Be well Anon!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.