[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How easy/painful/impossible is it to repair a dead 80s point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: cam_film_knife.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
cam_film_knife.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
How easy/painful/impossible is it to repair a dead 80s point and shoot film camera?

Its totally dead, owner says it stopped working one day. Should i buy it anyways to see if i can get it back from death? Its a cool camera.

pic unrelatd.
>>
>>2718570

its the autowinding, self focusing, full auto type.
>>
There could be any number of thousands of possible things wrong with it. Nobody here can tell you how easy or not it will be to fix it.
>>
>>2718570
im curious about them too, thinking of buying a broken t4 and then getting it repaired
>>
The only person who is more stupid than the person selling broken shit, is the person buying broken shit.

Save your ruppies and buy something off eBay from a reputable seller, that works.
>>
>>2718570
Just buy a new one. They're not that expensive.
>>
>>2718589
>>2719116
plebs who cant into diy at all.

>>2719114
how much is the guy charging?

anyways, reading some about this camera, i learned that the flimsy part of it is the moving parts. full dead camera means probably a broken powering cable, otherwise itd be acting funny, but not totally dead.

im getting it for $20. next price for a working one is $200.
>>
>>2718570
easy as fuck
>>
>>2719124
dude 20 quid can buy you a dslr. or a cheaper point and shoot
>>
>>2719273

its a rare camera not comparable to a normal p&s or slr
>>
>>2719280
Because even in its prime, it didn't work nearly half as well?
>>
>>2719281

how would you know? and why do you care?
>>
>>2719282
> how would you know?
it's an old piece of shit

> and why do you care?
you came here asking for my knowledge and i provided it.

I hope you buy that piece of shit and you can't get it to work dumbass. Then remember this thread and how smug you felt trying to talk back when in reality you just proved you're an idiot.
>>
>>2719318
>> how would you know?
>it's an old piece of shit
>> and why do you care?
>you came here asking for my knowledge and i provided it.
>I hope you buy that piece of shit and you can't get it to work dumbass. Then remember this thread and how smug you felt trying to talk back when in reality you just proved you're an idiot.

lmao wow.

did you know about that Salgado docu "The Salt of the Earth", might be a movie made just for you.
>>
Spend money on dumb shit.

I don't care.
>>
>>2719124
guys charging 20 dollars, all it needs is a new lcd
>>
>>2719419
so it does work?

it does not have much of a menu anyway.
there are just 4 or 5 automatic modes; just remember which is in which position and you don't need the lcd.
>>
>>2719273
>20 quid can buy you a dslr

What kind of DSLR?
$30 only got me an untested 350D and a bag.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.