[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get shadows like these in Post-Production?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 111124110911.png (2 MB, 1744x590) Image search: [Google]
111124110911.png
2 MB, 1744x590
How do you get shadows like these in Post-Production?
>>
>>2718268
I love this complete indiscriminate questions. Shadows like this. Yeah, like what? Deep? Soft? Desaturated? Contrast-rich but unclipped?

Specify you moron. And show what niveau you are talking on, so one know how to answer you. E.g.: would you understand if I say "x24y16"? Or do I have to explain you what a luminance curve is?

please vanish.
>>
File: black.png (2 KB, 220x23) Image search: [Google]
black.png
2 KB, 220x23
>>2718268
lift the blacks.
>>
>>2718280
hard shadows.

>>2718281
It doesn't get to that point, my blacks are still soft.
>>
>>2718281
I also love complete indiscriminate answers like the. Use this slider. You moron. Aren't you able to give any knowledge and explanation? You also could say use a preset filter which looks most alike.

please vanish.
>>
>>2718283
Hard? .. wtf. Are you sure your monitor is calibrated to the right gamma? I couldn't call them hard from no pov. Specify.
>>
ITT:
>how do I get rid of my shadow details

Graduation, it's like you faggots never made your own film prints
>>
>>2718290
He means deep blacks. Which is just a visual illusion, because it's the result of slightly lifted blacks.
>>
>>2718295
with slighty lowered lower-greys ..
>>
By using the correct light when taking the shot.

Next.
>>
>>2718268
You don't pick your shadows in post production, you pick your shadows when you're choosing your light.

>>2718283
>hard shadows.
There are literally no hard shadows in the OP image.
>>
>>2718334
He means deep blacks.
>>
>>2718345
There are also no deep blacks. There are soft slightly raised shadows, caused by the light on the scene, and manipulation of curves to tone the image by eye.

OP, if your image does not look MOSTLY like this as you take it, there is nothing you will do to make it look like this in post.
>>
File: 52.jpg (22 KB, 284x360) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
22 KB, 284x360
>>2718284
But that's all that's going on for the shadows. You're just adjusting the curve to make the blacks lighter.
http://loadedlandscapes.com/old-film-effect-in-photoshop/

Or use some vintage VSCO preset, but if you want that hipster look, all you really need to do is lift the blacks.
>>
>>2718350

you could roughly model the scene in a 3D program and then apply an ambient occlusion filter to the photo image.

it would be pretty easy because you would just have to get the basic shapes down.
>>
>>2718356

except with the fabric it wouldn't be easy at all. so nevermind.
>>
>>2718268

>how do i crush the blacks

decades of technical wisdom
>>
>>2718378
except that they are not crushed, retard.
>>
>>2718268
you organize your shooting properly in pre-production.
>>
>>2718399
they are crushed, and then lifted you fucking retard
>>
>>2719070
You might want to look into checking your contrast and brightness settings. There is detail in all the relevant shadows.
>>
File: ok.png (235 KB, 869x737) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
235 KB, 869x737
>>2719075
>not crushed
>>
>>2719093
And in your mind, what tone should the pixels in that black coffee in a shadow be?
>>
>>2719100
in his mind, it should be something between #151515 to #0c0c0c I guess.
>>
>>2719093
>thinking black coffee should be a different color
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.