[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get motivated to go out shooting when your city is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 38220018.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1359) Image search: [Google]
38220018.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1359
How do you get motivated to go out shooting when your city is boring as batshit?

I live in eggy HQ and the city is bland as fuck.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
>>2714294
>eggy HQ

Wot?

Do you have a car? Drive up to another city, take a few days off work, see what you can see.

That being said, try and see things in your own city from a new perspective. Or, set up some scenes with friends in decent locations where you are.
>>
>>2714302

Brisbane.

Another city (that's not the gold coast) is hours away.

>friends

Oh you...
>>
Travel. You live in Australia, plenty of nice places to travel there or take a flight to some country in SEA, should be pretty cheap
>>
I have the same problem, I have one or two spots penned for a good day but aside from those there is not much going down around these parts.
No car does not help, neither does winter. (Canada)
>>
>>2714294
My city is boring as, it is challenging to find new ways to photograph your own backyard, but it is good practice for when you move out.
>>
>>2714323

I'm living the NEET life friendo.

>You will never live in america :(
>>
>>2714330
Get a job then, lazy faggot!
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 640x1136
Jellers?

Image OrientationLeft-Hand, Bottom
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height1136
>>
File: 1-gone-daddy-gone.jpg (23 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1-gone-daddy-gone.jpg
23 KB, 500x300
Do macro?
>>
Maybe adjust your shooting style... try macro/portrait/product/food photography.
>>
>>2714365
Where to find little statuettes like this?
>>
>>2714294
You are a photographer. It is not your city's job to deliver good photos to you. It is your job to find or create them. If you are not seeing interesting scenes, you are displaying an issue with you, and your process, and your effort. Not with the city.
>>
>>2714385
Look up train set models or shit like that
>>
>>2714294
go out regularly with your camera and change your mindset. You're not going to get great shots every time you go out, just learn to enjoy walking around and/or exploring.
>>
I usually have the same problem living in nowhere mexico, but then inread some guy from las vegas that said that the city was boring,

So is not boring, you are just used to it. Any of you can stay at my house 1 week for free, if you come here to take pictures, not that anyone will take the offer, im in the border with texas
>>
>>2714400

If you can find an interesting photo of brisbane I'll send you $9001 over paypal
>>
>>2714699
Buy me a plane ticket and two days hotel in the city and I'll give you 30 interesting photos. Are there people there? Do they interact? Are there small business and people living their lives? Is there anything even remotely resembling a night life? I can find interesting scenes in rural Ohio, you can find interesting scenes in a major metropolis.

Just stop being a lazy fag, wondering why the world isn't handing you things. Go places you've never been. Explore things you've never seen. Take a turn down a road that makes you nervous. Go into underground parking garages, and sneak onto roofs. If you're implying that the third biggest city on the continent with a population of over 2 million people doesn't have anything interesting going on, nobody, NOBODY is falling for it.

Stop whining, and put some effort into what is supposedly a passion or hobby for you.
>>
>>2714294
Oh boo-fucking-hoo cunt, I live in a shithole town 2 hours North of Brisbane and you don't see me whinging about it on /p/.

>>2714708
Anon here said it perfectly. You sound like a spoilt faggot who expects everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. If you can't find a single god damn interesting photo in fucking Brisbane, than just give up on photography like the bitch you are.
>>
>>2714294
Mate there's heaps of good places to take photos in Brisbane. Either you have a shitty eye or you don't get out much. Just explore. 5 minutes in any direction from Central Station and you're somewhere interesting to take photos
>>
>>2714533
Ugh mate I'm from Monterrey, I just picked up a Nikon D3300 relatively cheap but I'm having difficulties overcoming this weird sensation of slowly learning photography and taking pictures. If you're near maybe we can walk and shoot together
>>
>>2714708

>muh people of New York

Nigger please
>>
>>2714833

I also don't see you posting interesting photos either.

Put up or shut up
>>
>>2714869
>Didn't post photo in this thread
>Must mean I never post photos at all
Nice autism mate

>>2712794
>>2704562
>>2706655
>>2702157
Here's a sample just for you friendo.
>>
File: 112brisbane.jpg (669 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
112brisbane.jpg
669 KB, 1024x767
i refuse a city this size with this much waterfront doesn't give you SOMETHING interesting to shoot, even if you're a pussy-footing NEET dickhead who won't get in the thick of it.
>>
>>2714873

Literally boring generic snapshits.

Wow you surely proved your point.
>>
>>2714877

If you can find a picture of Brisbane that's not done to death I'll award you king of pee
>>
>>2714873

Oh and to add on, those pictures could be taken literally anywhere.

I'm talking about photos of the city so it's recognisable but not just 'muh story bridge'
>>
>>2714881
>Literally boring generic snapshits.
>Trying to rustle my jimmies
kek

Let's see some of your superior shots Ansel, you can't expect others to post and not do the same in return.
>>
>>2714887

I'm not the one bragging about mediocre photos.

And how cute you've got an overinflated sense of photographic skill. Which gallery can I see your snapshits hanging?
>>
>>2714889
>I'm not the one bragging about mediocre photos.
Please show me where it is that I was bragging.

>And how cute you've got an overinflated sense of photographic skill.
There's a difference between having an "overinflated sense of photographic skill", and knowing your photos aren't snapshits. Snapshits don't contain an ounce of thought or composition, show me one photo were no thought process was involved.

I never once stated that my photos were incredible works of art, I don't believe that at all. Right here >>2714869 is where you told me to either post some photos or fuck off, so I chose to show you some of my shit and now you claim as though I'm bragging. Your autism is unreal mate.

When someone talks as much shit as you, expects everyone else to post images, but won't post any of your own, it almost always means you're a talentless "armchair photographer". If you actually have enough talent to be critiquing everyone else's stuff than prove me wrong.

Unlike yourself, I actually go out and take photos so I can further learn and improve, I don't come to /p/ crying about having a whole fucking city to shoot in but can't find anything interesting to shoot because it's "bland as fuck". No cunt, your attitude is bland as fuck, you need to sort that out first before continuing in photography.
>>
>>2714330

>Not from a 3rd world country
>Still wants to live in America

Are you insane??
>>
>>2714882
You're not taking pictures OF Brisbane, you're taking pictures IN Brisbane. It's no different to street photography in any other city, except you wouldn't know that you NEET shut-in
>>
>>2714890

Holy fucking autism batman.

Did you even breath while writing that sperglord rant?

Your photos are ordinary. Get used to it.

They are unoriginal and uninspiring and could have been taken ANYWHERE
>>
>>2714901

Captain dumb-dumb, leader of the comprehension failure squad.
>>
File: B0124090-y720px.jpg (71 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
B0124090-y720px.jpg
71 KB, 480x720
>>2714294
after dark in the cbd, west end or valley might be interesting on the weekend. People who are slightly shitfaced and dressed up are usually up for photos, and flashes make that shit easier to point and shoot. Then just cruise around and shoot erryting else ambient becasue lights and shapes and shit.
Sit and have a drink or meal where theres a view of a public space and ponder your shit.
Explore the shitty bars and half-assed alleys with an eye for all the different colours of lighting in use these days.
Shit, don;t be a total faggot and give me an excuse and I'll come with your sorry ass.
There's always plenty to shoot.
Every fucker ever said there was nothing to shoot in their home environment, and they are always half wrong and less than half right.
I used to just walk in a 5-10km loop from home, out a way, and then back along the same or different route... every day.. or night... whatever. Doing it when it's least inviting is often the most interesting. Rain FTW.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera Softwaredarktable 1.4
PhotographerAndrew Wade Eglington oh-hi.info
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)25 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2015:11:20 23:17:33
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating6400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length17.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width480
Image Height720
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>2714911
>Did you even breath while writing that sperglord rant?
>Implying you can't breath while typing
>Calls me autistic

>They are unoriginal and uninspiring
>Yet you still won't post your own photos because you're a talentless hypocrite
Hahaha, I'm done with your faggotry shitposting. Later mate, have a good one.
>>
>>2714294
I live in brisbane as well and have the exact same problem.
>>
>>2714833
Northern NSW 1 dog town here.
I go to Brisbane because it is such an interesting place to photograph. Walk around at night downtown anywhere. Go to a gallery. Go to a nightclub. There is a shitload of stuff just waiting for you to shoot.
>>
>>2714853
I used to live there, ITESM and work, going again in a month or 2, for a day.

[email protected], send me an email an maybe we can do something, is the infinito still open? Jk
>>
>>2714933
The problem is not Brisbane. It will never be the city's fault. It is your lack of courage and effort that is the problem.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.