[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Annie Leibovitz for Pirelli
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: molly.jpg (70 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
molly.jpg
70 KB, 640x357
>http://petapixel.com/2015/12/01/annie-leibovitz-shoots-the-pirelli-calendar-into-a-new-direction/

>real womyn
>muh curves
>#whatmenreallywant

So Pirelli decided to let an overrated, jewish feminist take the pictures of their famous Calendar.

Why? She has no talent at all. All she does is pressing the shutter button. Her countless assistans do everything else for her.
How can she call herself a (professional) photographer?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:01 09:14:19
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width640
Image Height357
>>
>The whole idea was not to have any pretense in these pictures, and be very straightforward, and show these women exactly who they are

Therefore, let us obviously produce the most pretentious photos of 2016 for the most pretentious calendar of 2016.
>>
>>2713393
>All she does is pressing the shutter button
Incorrect, in absolute terms.
>>
File: 1422659418812.png (597 KB, 754x638) Image search: [Google]
1422659418812.png
597 KB, 754x638
>professional photography is not about the actual photography, but how well you can sell yourself

Oh boy OP, you might be the first one to discover these, you should publish your results in a scientific magazine
>>
>>2713393
Welcome to the 21st century anon. Publicity sells shit hence why you, and countless other keks are discussing this. What the fuck is pirelli anyway, and why should we care?
>>
its pretty disgusting.

they have that unfunny shapeless blob jew "comedian" posing nude. how about a proper hot curvy/fat/plump/whatever woman? why do they give us this trash?
>>
>>2713403
Read the actual fucking article.

It's an elitist calendar given to 20,000 mega-elitist people. Nothing else. They could have replaced photos with MS Paint "art" and it would still be the talk of the day.
>>
It's much more interesting that a run-of-the mill pirelli calendar. Just like playboy, the times are changing and internet has anything you might want. Printed publications need something else.
>>
>>2713412

in that case id prefer some high test calendar with mal malloy on it. but instead, we get a calendar composed of good goys and chosen people. all fat and ugly. you know where do these calendars go? they are literally made for car repair shops... do you think these guys are interested on watching a whole month a fat blob with downs face?

sjws literally killing mens safe spaces. what a time to be alive.
>>
>>2713403
>What the fuck is pirelli anyway
Really shitty tires
>>
>>2713415
They are not for car repair shops.

>The calendar is produced by the Italian tire maker Pirelli, and is given as a gift to an exclusive gorup of about 20,000 rich, famous, and powerful people around the world. While past women were chosen for their looks, this year’s were chosen for their achievements.

What part of this do you not understand?

It has to be pretentious as fuck, and then she obviously has to lie that this is "how they are". No lesser amount of bullshittery will do for the 1%.
>>
>>2713393
I absolutely love when people trash on the most famous photographers around, simply because they don't share the same goals and priorities as a failing "art" photographer on 4Chan. Literally I chuckle every time. When do we start talking about Terry?
>>
>>2713393
bleh what a useless piece of skin meat. she has no talent only famous friends.
>>
>>2713410
Reading is for chumps.
>>
File: 1447955306400.png (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447955306400.png
43 KB, 300x300
>>2713426
>she has no talent only famous friends.
>Doesn't know how to use proper punctuation
>Can't even be bothered to hold down the shift key at the start of a sentence
>Non-critical comment on her work
Yeah m8. Clearly she's the one without talent of any sort. In fact, it could be argued that she is more talented in at least one field than you are.
She knows how to network as a professional to get paid work.
>>
>>2713519
>>she has no talent only famous friends.
>>Doesn't know how to use proper punctuation
>>Can't even be bothered to hold down the shift key at the start of a sentence
>>Non-critical comment on her work
>Yeah m8. Clearly she's the one without talent of any sort. In fact, it could be argued that she is more talented in at least one field than you are.
>She knows how to network as a professional to get paid work.

or maybe shes just a jew in a jew driven industry?
>>
I don't like it.
>>
>>2713417
>given as a gift to an exclusive gorup of about 20,000 rich, famous, and powerful people

Given as a publicity stunt to an exclusive group of about 20,000 rich, famous, and powerful people who don't give a fuck about a shitty calendar regardless of whether it features air-brushed models or old hags.

FTFY
>>
>>2713393
> Her countless assistants do everything else for her

My High-School Photography teacher interned for her and he basically said this. Also he told me once how she gave him $20 to buy a bag of Ice cause she was throwing a party.
>>
>>2713838
Yep.
>>
>>2713520
>or maybe shes just a jew in a jew driven industry?

When nothing else works, just resort to conspiracy theories. This is 4chan alright.

>>2713393
>She has no talent at all. All she does is pressing the shutter button. Her countless assistans do everything else for her.
>How can she call herself a (professional) photographer?

The actual case of Leibovitz aside because I don't know enough about her to make an educated statement, the fact of the matter is that you wouldn't discredit a film director because he doesn't hold the camera, designed the set or hired the actor. The person responsible for translating the picture that they had in their head into one on a screen or a negative is the photographer, not the one pressing the shutter.
>>
>>2713855
Her assistants are picking the theme and mood, locations, models, wardrobe, posing, and editing? All without her input or direction? Fuck! Are they doing model direction and upkeep too?

Or is it more likely that /p/ just thinks that knowing how to operate a light and a camera is all that goes into a photoshoot, and gets upset that literally everything that /p/ values about photography is relegated to the job of assistant in the presence of an actual artist in an actual photography setting??
>>
>>2713879
>When nothing else works, just resort to conspiracy theories. This is 4chan alright.

When nothing else works, just resort to muh tinfoil boogeyman. This is 4chan alright.
>>
>>2713879
The better example is a director of photography on a film.

As for the rest of this thread, hahaha. So much ignorance and butthurt. It's hilarious. I hope the next one hires Anne Geddes and is cute babies sleeping in tires.
>>
>>2713932
>I hope the next one hires Anne Geddes and is cute babies sleeping in tires
To provide titillation for the motor mechanics of the rich and famous? You are sicker than most
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.