[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
swivel screen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: flip-out-and-swivel-lcd.jpg (10 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
flip-out-and-swivel-lcd.jpg
10 KB, 300x163
How would I get over nor having a tilt-screen on a camera. Currently own a d5100 and I've made some really good shots with the help of my tilt-screen that presumably have made the shot much, much easier than if I had to figure out the shot otherwise. However I don't use it often.

I'm currently looking to upgrade to a new body. The d7200 is better in about every way. But it does not have a screen that pops out. What do? Do I just have to deal with it, git gud, and get the shot by other means?
>>
>>2707593
Buy a D750
Git gud
Deal with it
Free hand it in continuous burst mode
>>
>>2707593
>deal with it, git gud, and get the shot by other means

All of the above. I've never had a camera with a tilt screen. Yes it might make some shots easier but I don't see it as a necessity.
>>
>>2707602
>D750
na son. Too expensive. Lens are expensive. I'd have to reinvest in lens.

>>2707604
Yea, I guess it isn't a necessity. I'll just deal with it
>>
I would never buy a camera that had one of those. A hinged screen to me, is just an accident waiting to happen.
>>
>>2707593
In a pinch you can use your phone as an external screen.
Kinda clumsy but it works.
>>
>>2707613
>buying crop lenses ever
>girlslaughingatyou.jpeg
>>
>>2707948
It's cheaper to buy crop lenses now, and sell them to buy full frame lenses years later.
Switching systems (like selling Canon lenses to buy Nikon equivalents) is also no big deal.

Buying wide angle full frame lenses for a crop body is especially retarded.
>>
>>2707956
So your saying it's retarded to buy full frame lenses, that don't lose any value and can be used on every nikon.

What you should actually do is buy crop lenses, that deprecate faster every day, only work on crop cameras and have in general worse image quality.

Lol, ok buddy.
>>
>>2707970
Every lens loses value. (except some rare collectors items).

More expensive lenses lose more value.
>>
>>2707996
jokes on you.
manual focus lenses are gaining in prices because of mirrorless.
>>
flippy screen? naw dude, dude naw.
>>
>>2708600
why?
i actually like taking chest level shots.
i can pretend it's a haslelblad.
useful for low angle shots and tripods.
>>
I have a D5100 for over 3 years now and I LOVE IT, though I am getting more serious in photography and looking to upgrade to a full-frame.

Seriously, look for a second hand full frame if your budget is low and slam a prime lens on it of your choice. Save up for a D750 like I'm doing
>>
>>2708645
>not having a system that allows you to view what your camera sees on your phone or tablet via wifi from anywhere in the room.
Sorry about your luck bro.
Want to go full creep mode? Put your camera over your shoulder and have it rest against your hip. Attach it to your phone, and walk around the streets. Look like you're texting or looking at instagram while you're really taking photos of girls' butts in yoga pants from ass level on electronic silent shutter mode.

X-T1. THE RAPIST'S CHOICE.
>>
>>2707970
worse IQ?
If you dont get paid for photography work I dont see how crop lenses are that bad. If a lens has bad IQ and happens to crop then the lens is shit because of IQ, not crop.
I get that most crop lenses have shit IQ but I dont see the problem with good crop lenses.
It would be like buying FF lenses for a m43 camera.
>>
>>2707593
Has wi-fi. Just use your phone / tablet as the tilt screen.

>>2708731
desu, unless you make a living from photography, complaining about IQ on pretty much any camera made in the last ~3 years is retarded (it's usually just a way to blame the camera for shitty photos)
>>
>>2708688
op here. fuck it man. might as well go full frame and grow into that. I actually was convinced yesterday to get the d7100. the d7100 will be out grown relatively fast. I mostly am being Jew and not want to spend the money, and I have to reinvest in lenses (tamron and tokina) . Actually the tamron can be used on fx. I loved my tokina though. Hopefully I can sell it. I'll have to do some research. thanks man
>>
>>2709001
Lol actually, on second thought I may stick to aspc. The cost of glass is crazy for ff. I'll keep researching
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.