[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disposable cameras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: fuji_quicksnap.jpg (18 KB, 307x200) Image search: [Google]
fuji_quicksnap.jpg
18 KB, 307x200
It's been a while since I started thinking of a way to constantly have a camera in my pocket to take snapshits whenever I feel like it
I realised what I needed was a cheap disposable camera, so I just went into the first photography shop I came by and bought a Fujifilm Quicksnap

I've gotta say it's quite refreshing to have a small camera like that in your pocket, it's making me think more seriously about buying a small film camera

Any of you guys have some experience with this camera ?
Maybe you use another one ?
What do you think of disposable cameras ?
>>
>>2707014
Use the gear thread.

Read the sticky before posting.
>>
cool topic, OP.

afaik disposables use cheap film too. were there (maybe in the 80s) disposable cameras loaded with slide film? maybe a disposable kodachrome? omg boner go away
>>
>>2707024
And yet there is an "Old cameras general" thread
Why not something about disposables ?

>>2707026
I think I might end up buying expired cameras on ebay instead of new ones, maybe it'd give a more interesting result ?
>>
>>2707014
>a way to constantly have a camera in my pocket
It's called a fucking phone.
>>
>>2707034
I'm going to suppose that's not a troll

It just doesn't feel the same, and I'm not too keen on the quality and look of the pictutes I get with my phone
But I guess we should all sell our gear and buy an iPhone 6s, because at least this one can be gold pink to go with my buttplug
>>
>>2707014
>It's been a while since I started thinking of a way to constantly have a camera in my pocket to take snapshits whenever I feel like it

Do you not own a phone?
>>
op is smarter than most of you. typical scenario he will be able to exploit to his complete advantage:

> op out in town
> sees some cool shit to photograph
> you shitheads pull out phone like every other goober
> op pulls out a classic film disposable
> girls now flock to op with slightly moist panties because he's different and interesting and has some style
> girls give number to op after they find out what a genius he is
> you walk away pocketing your phone with a disgusted look thinking about how you'll shitpost on /p/ about hipsters with disposable cameras
> op's phone is filled with girls' numbers
> your phone is filled with snapshits
>>
>>2707048
I also really don't like how phone cameras feel
I wanted a point & shoot thingy
Not a point & wait for the white balance & the focus & shoot

>>2707049
And I also get all the poossies now with my amazing genuine retro and intelligent artsy hipster look
I drown in them poossies
>>
>>2707034
Yup, really awesome missing moments you want to get because of the 5-10 second wait for your phone to ready the camera app, then take a picture.
>>
File: xa-DSC_5199.jpg (32 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
xa-DSC_5199.jpg
32 KB, 460x347
Olympus XA master race reporting in.

Best everyday film camera you can get, you'll get one for 10EUR on eBay, that's two disposable cameras as far as I know. You'll have more control over the type of film you use and just enough control to always get the shot you want.
It's fast, small and Kenny loves it http://www.kenrockwell.com/olympus/xa.htm
>>
>>2707061
Yeah that's the kind of thing I'd need
I think I'll buy one of them pretty soon then !
>>
It rained during a parade a few months ago and I picked up a disposable incase it got really bad,
....I forgot to get it developed though cause I'm forgetful, might end up doing that this weekend.
>>
>>2707024
Do you ever do anything but shitpost about posting in the gear thread?
>>
>>2707097
many people are irrelevant in their daily afk lives, so they go online to try and feel as if they have an air of authority.
>>
I've used those before. They're ok, pretty similar to any other disposable camera. In case you're not aware it's usually cheaper to rip them open and send the film in instead of the whole camera. The film winds backward (starts on the takup reel and goes into the canister) so you don't have to worry about ruining the film. Just be careful with the ones that have flashes, they'll make you jump if you touch the capacitor.
>>
>>2707061
olympus xa master race reporting in

i never really liked focusing on this camera but other than that its pretty fantastic
>>
I carry a Fed 5 around. Fits in my pocket nicely.
>>
OP you should look into some classic film compacts. The Ricoh GR1v and Contax T2 and T3 come to mind, but there are lots out there to be had for good prices

The problem I've always had with disposables is that they have shitty film in them. The kodak ones use a film similar to Gold 400, which is pretty shitty imo.

If I remember correctly, Ilford made/still makes disposables with film like HP5 in them. I'd be interested in trying that out
>>
>>2707173
Yeah I don't really know why I didn't think of compact film cameras when I actually know of them
I'll make sure to look into them, maybe even take a look in a few shops in town, you never know
>>
>>2707061
feather touch shutter and focusing patch a shit though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.