[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions and criticism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 20150925_DJR_Streets-4copy.jpg (1 MB, 3648x5472) Image search: [Google]
20150925_DJR_Streets-4copy.jpg
1 MB, 3648x5472
Looking for general feedback, feel free to be critical.
I wanted to capture the emotion in this man upon his workday ending, Originally the shadow to his left was unintentional, however, I liked the aspect of it, as if someone is looking over his shoulder, looking out for him even in the toughest of days.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 70D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3648
Image Height5472
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:11:16 10:19:03
Exposure Time1/90 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length135.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3648
Image Height5472
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2704804
At first I liked the photo, then I read your cringey bullshit explanation and now dislike it.
>>
not feedback, but good try!
>>
>>2704804
kill urself my man
>>
>>2704804
Image good, description fucking god awful. Next time just ask for feedback and leave it at that.

Also read the damn sticky and check the catalog before posting, your shit should be resized to 1000 pixels on the longest side and doesn't need its own new thread.
>>
>>2704804
Yeah, that description is autistic. Let your photographs speak for themselves.
>>
>>2704804
it's a shit shot of nothing.
The image conveys nothing of what you talked about.
The processing is lazy and flat, the image is soft.

This should have been deleted in camera before it even hit your desktop.
>>
so how should I have approached it?

ps fuck your sticky thread..
>>
>>2704885
by not being an asshole and respecting the community that you wish to get constructive criticism from, first of all. read the fucking sticky.

as for this, your processing killed it and yes the shadow over his shoulder looks bad. you lost a lot of detail in his face and there's nothing drawing you into it, when that should be the main focus. there's no emotion to be conveyed he just looks like he's waiting for a bus or something. Your write up also came off as incredibly pretentious and un needed. don't retcon mistakes by saying you like them now. The shadow is shit and your gut reaction was right to dislike it. you should have taken more shots of the subject and next time leave your descriptions at home.
>>
>>2704885
btw your website is ugly and you take yourself too seriously. stop pretending you have some profound gift or message to share with others and just take fucking pictures. it's so obvious to spot someone who's trying to be deep when they really aren't.
>>
>>2704804
it's shit, you seem like the type to "sometimes take good photos." honestly I feel you're some shit with a name like Dokoba who's taking a journalism course.
>>
>>2704804
http://shutterrelea.se/
My friends gallery, what do you think of it
>>
Since no one else will

You've identified your intentions with your photo but I don't think you've effectively communicated them. You seem to know your subject, I get the sense that you knew what you wanted, but without your description this is not clear to the viewer.

I don't think your styling/processing is bad, based on your description I see why you thought this would be appropriate. However when trying to capture an emotional and documentary portrait you need to pay more attention to how the subject is interacting with his/her environment. In your photo you've gone for a straight-on approach. That isn't the reason it doesn't work. I can appreciate that you tried to frame the guy with the right/top borders in the scene, but this makes me think that there was more to work with at the time. Think of ways you can use the lines surrounding the man to convey how he is experiencing wherever he is instead of just using them to frame him. On his own, this man is not interesting to look at. What kinds of thoughts did you want to evoke when you thought of him as ending his work day with someone looking out for him? Use the surrounding space and compose the photo to make those thoughts come from both the man and his surroundings, I don't think you can get that kind of an emotional response just from a man framed by some lines, shadow to his left or not.
>>
>>2705131
"since no one else will"
>writes a wordy version of >>2704859

Jesus, you're a self important marmite miner aren't you buddy.
>>
>>2705123
>not a single interesting photo
>bad photos of flowers in the garden
>first shot of the roll light marks

So you've been doing photography about 2 to 3 weeks. Tops. Imagine learning guitar for 2 to 3 weeks then releasing a "song" on YouTube and asking /mu/ for comment, only a downy cunt would do such a thing.

Fuck off and come back when you have something to share of interest.
>>
>>2705123
The only thing interesting about any of these images is the way you scroll through each one. Tell your friend that when his website design is more captivating than any of his snapshits, he's doing something wrong.
>>
>>2704805
>>2704843
>>2704852
This.

Was a nice photo, albeit basic with bad focus especially on the upper frame until I read your gay comments and now it's just pretentious and overcomplicated.

>>2705123
Looks like the gallery of someone who's spent too much time on 4chan and not enough time behind a camera or in the real world

95% of them are worthless snapshots and of the 5% I could find only 1 that hadn't been fucked up in post

Stop trying so hard to be artistic and start taking interesting photos
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.