[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to convert a TON of digital files into slides. How would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I need to convert a TON of digital files into slides. How would I go about doing this? I don't want to pay someone to do it for me because I have too many photo's and the price would be high. Is there a machine that will do this for me?
>>
self bump
>>
Couldn't you just print onto transparency film with a standard printer, then cut them out and fit them into slides?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2008:07:02 09:51:01
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width314
Image Height275
>>
>>2703685
- buy film camera
- buy shitloads of slide film
- put all photo's in a slideshow.
- photograph your computer screen.
>>
>>2703685
there's this thing called a digital projector.
>>
Did you just ask this backwards?
>>
>>2703685
Once upon a time there was a technology for this, but few people are using slides anymore so it will be difficult to find someone to do it.
It was called a film write.
I think it is still around is some aspect for movie films that were shot on video but I don't if any labs do it for stills anymore.
>>
>>2703685
We have a Polaroid ProPalette 7000 at work for doing this, but the resolution is generally rather poor, the lens must be really poor, its less than 2mp iirc, even though the its 4k pixels wide.
>>
>>2703788
>its less than 2mp
sounds about right, from my limited understanding of slide film is that is is really very low resolution and the image sharpness comes from the colour layers interacting with each other / colour bleed.
>>
>>2703791
No, the resolution is limited by the printer, poor optics, despite the source being able to output 4k pixels wide.

Ie: An image taken with the same slide film of a test is much much sharper, then a test printed back to the same slide film through the printer. Even if that test is digitally generated image file. It's not the film, it's the printer.

I get 20mp+ on most slide films in 35mm with my regular lenses. Though I don't shoot 35mm often.
>>
File: 640x0.jpg (65 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
640x0.jpg
65 KB, 640x960
>>2703809
>I get 20mp+ on most slide films in 35mm with my regular lenses.
>>
>>2703887
>implying you can't easily get 20+MP of data out of fine grained films like Portra and Ektar, let alone low speed films like Velvia
>>
>>2703925
Portra is not a fucking slide film.
>>
>>2703925
And the lower the speed, the better the amount of detail in the image.
>>
>>2703685
You never convert digital into slides, you enjoy that it is superior digital, and project it with a digital projector.
>>
>>2703925
The rougher grained film Fuji C200 has more detail than Portra and Ektar, albeit with grainier images.

With the typical pro colour neg films, I find it realistic to typically expect about 65 lp/mm.
>>
>>2703736
nope. digital to film is the objective as strange as it seems
>>
>>2703747
I've been trying to research this for a bit but google only gives me results for writing screen plays when I type "film write" or "film write machine" or film write slide making" in. Any chance you could point me in a more specific direction?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.