[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New at This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7
File: San Francisco Compressed 1.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
San Francisco Compressed 1.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
Hey /p/, I recently went to San Francisco and decided it would be fun to mess around with my friend's camera. This is my first time ever using a camera other than my phone, so I know i didn't use everything correctly, but I feel I took some alright shots. Any feedback; positive or negative, would be greatly appriciated.

Camera: Nikon D7100
Lens: Nikon DX AF-S NIKKOR
>>
File: San Francisco Compressed 2.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
San Francisco Compressed 2.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
I'm sorry they're so big, I must not have compressed them enough.
>>
File: San Francisco Compressed 3.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
San Francisco Compressed 3.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
Also I was told that centering your object can make the photo boring, I'll try to stay away from that.
>>
File: San Francisco Compressed 4.jpg (1023 KB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
San Francisco Compressed 4.jpg
1023 KB, 6000x4000
All of these photos were unprepared, I just walked up and took the shot.
>>
File: San Francisco Compressed 5.jpg (929 KB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
San Francisco Compressed 5.jpg
929 KB, 6000x4000
>>
File: San Francisco Compressed 6.jpg (630 KB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
San Francisco Compressed 6.jpg
630 KB, 6000x4000
>>
>>2700634
If you had read the sticky you would know that images are supposed to be 1000px long on the longest edge on this board.

These are pretty shitty to be honest, but they had potential. You've missed the focus for all of them. The last one is blown out because you used a far too wide aperture. Keep shooting, but don't delude yourself that these images are anything out of the ordinary
>>
File: 1447053717732.jpg (797 KB, 3544x3544) Image search: [Google]
1447053717732.jpg
797 KB, 3544x3544
>>2700638
I'd like this if it were in focus.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:11:09 21:46:06
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3544
Image Height3544
>>
None of these photos are particularly god, but don't fret: if you're outside taking photos without fear, you're already in a better place than many other photographers. Learn about the exposure triangle, camera settings and try to look at photos you really like to sort of figure out a direction.
>>
>>2700634
The first ones seem to be focused on the wall instead of the musician. Infact, all of them seem a bit out of focus. You deleted all the exif data, this doesn't help us.
If I didn't know better, I'd take this for a troll thread, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

1. Learn to focus on what's important.
2. Read the sticky. Resize your shit.
3. Include exif if possible.
>>
>>2700703
>>2700762
>>2700769
My friend set it to try to automatically scan for the focus when i half hit the button, and i dont really know how to focus at all. Thanks for the critique though, wednesday im going to go to a busy area and try to get some more shots with better focus. Ill post them, with the guidelines and everything this time. I appriciate it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.