[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think about modelling for your own photos i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: DSCN1054.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1054.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
what do you guys think about modelling for your own photos
i do it mainly to test out lighting affects but i've been called narcissistic for it

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON
Camera ModelCOOLPIX S8100
Camera SoftwareCOOLPIX S8100V1.1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)45 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:10:24 11:19:24
Exposure Time10/127 sec
F-Numberf/3.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length8.10 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4000
Image Height3000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Color ModeCOLOR
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO
Image SharpeningAUTO
Focus ModeAF-S
ISO SelectionAUTO
Image AdjustmentAUTO
Lens AdapterOFF
Auto FocusCenter
SaturationNormal
Noise ReductionOFF
>>
Nah, it's a good process and an excellent learning exercise.

Just don't make stupid tryhard pouty faces like in the photo you posted and you won't be called a narcissist.

Protip: Focus on your tripod head from where you're standing for perfect focus.
>>
cindy sherman built a career out of it
>>
I KNOW THIS WOMAN THATS ABSOLUTEY BEAUTIFUL AND WILL ONLY STAND BEHIND THE CAMERA. IT'S THE MOST AGGRAVAGATING THING POSSIBLE
>>
thanks anons i'll do less tryhard shit
>>
Aside from limited self esteem, I mostly avoid modelling for my own photos because I can't oversee the process (i.e. I can only see the results) and how tedious it is.

Imagine modelling for a portrait with a 300mm lens.
>>
>>2693621
if you're not willing or comfortable to stand in front of the lens yourself why should people be able to feel comfortable standing in front of your lens with you behind it
>>
>>2693293
you look like Down Syndrome from incredibles
>>
File: capulet.jpg (2 MB, 2920x2710) Image search: [Google]
capulet.jpg
2 MB, 2920x2710
>>2693293
nothing wrong with it;; I just did this one yesterday
>>2693297
holy shit your tip is genius, thank you

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution299 dpi
Vertical Resolution299 dpi
Image Created2015:10:28 19:31:26
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2920
Image Height2710
>>
>blue Yeti mic

Hope you don't plan on making anything substantial with that pal
>>
>>2693293
>Telling us that it's you

There's your problem. Besides, why do you care what others say about you when we/they're strangers on the internet you need not earn their (our)validation for the way you look in your own photos.
>>
>>2693623
Because I ask them to do so and they tell me it's ok. It's not like I choose models who totally hate being a model. Unless you're experimenting with "peoplewhofuckinghatemodeling-photography". Actually that would be pretty cool, red faces, awkward hands...
>>
>>2694066
It's totally ok for voiceovers if you know what you're doing and you know how to fix its flaws.
>>
>>2693293
Nothing wrong with it dude, as long as it's good. :] I've won an award for a photo I took of myself!
>>
>>2694659
As long as you're not making music with it, it's decent. It's just shitty if you are. Not good with highs and lows, only mids.
>>
>>2695195

Show us, dipshit.
>>
>>2697863
he's lying, you bozo
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.