[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have experience with this? Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (446 KB, 1153x1007) Image search: [Google]
file.png
446 KB, 1153x1007
Anyone here have experience with this? Is it good?
>>
>>2707047
Capture one is industry Standard. It's better and more advanced than lightroom.
Why didn't you simply google it?
>>
>>2707047
>Not using C1.

It is brilliant. I mean it still has some flaws, coming from someone who has always used LR.

The only thing i dislike with C1 is the way it doesn't work with photoshop nicley. I.e. in lightroom, you can edit in > photoshop cc. When you save from PS it automatically updates the image in the LR catalog. I only really use it to tether shoot stuff to be honest. Which that is all I really do, apart from weddings.

My favourite things about C1 are:
Nicer raw processing
Looks more professional
Tethering is really nice
Focus masking

I still haven't learnt how to use it completely. I'm always looking for shortcuts. And I'm not too keen on the sliders etc, a lot of information is there and can be a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>2708484
Also I like the export process

If you shoot tethered it will make these folders :
Capture
Output
Select
Trash

So you will have
project name
>capture
>output
>select
>trash

Makes it easier to organise and manage stuff.
>>
>>2707047
>Capture one is industry Standard. It's better and more advanced than lightroom.
Well, no. They are the same thing, having to work with both all day showed me that there are only minor differences and it comes down to user preference.
The only thing I liked better with Capture One is working with a Phase One or a Digital Hasselblad back, shooting straight to your PC. I somehow doubt that's everyday business for you, so I wouldn't count it as an advantage.

It's a great software but like I said, LR had some advantages over C1, C1 has some advantages over LR. Try both and see which one you like more.

>Is it good?
What about the Free 30 days trial? Do we have to spoonfeed you anything?
>>
I like it because I played $30 for it because I have Sony. If I had to pay the normal price or steal, I would use something else.
>>
IMO the only reason to own Capture One is for tethered shooting. It is also the only program you should be using for tethered shooting.
>>
>>2708611
>$30 for it because I have Sony
Tell me more
>>
>>2709026
Not much to the story. Sony and phase 1 teamed up or something. So I have a version that's $30 but only works with pics taken on a Sony camera. I found info on it in the Sony website.
>>
File: 1447677341923.jpg (49 KB, 297x265) Image search: [Google]
1447677341923.jpg
49 KB, 297x265
If you shoot fuji it's really your only option. I only played with it for a few minutes but it felt like using a video editor to do stills which is a painass
>>
>>2709285
>its really your only option
Photoninja says hi, and invites you to experience its comfortable yet completely backwards UI.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.