[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys; I've been doing photography for a while now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
hey guys;
I've been doing photography for a while now and my little brother has just recently picked up the hobby.

I asked him earlier today how he felt about a road trip where we could end up somewhere cool and just take photos along the way. he's in, just looking for me to find us our destination.

in a perfect world, we'd end up somewhere with mountains and a large body of water together.

we live in NC on the east coast. ALMOST every cool spot I wanted is on the other side of america.

any suggestions? the appalachain trail looks promising but I'm not trying to fight off bears or anything. Just looking to eat at some diners, stay in a shit hotel and get some meaningful photos.

Open to a desert too or somewhere with no light pollution.

Hit me with something from left field

thanks in advance!
>>
>>2867863
>Hit me with something from left field
North Vietnam, do it faggots
>>
>>2867893
cool.
>>
>>2867863
>the appalachain trail looks promising but I'm not trying to fight off bears or anything.
The AT is really tricky to photograph. Until you get up to Maine, really, it's almost always too dense to get shots you're after. I think it's a really untapped subject, but it's fucking difficult to shoot well.
>we live in NC on the east coast. ALMOST every cool spot I wanted is on the other side of america.
Speaking of Maine, that's where you need to go. If you don't want to drive over to the West Coast just yet, then there's no reason you can't go up to Maine. Once you get above Boston, it gets really nice. The little towns are fucking amazing. There's lobster fucking everywhere, and there's tons of photographic scenery. Make your final destination Acadia National Park, on Mount Desert Island. Stay in the town of Bar Harbor. It's fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>2867897
oh man that's an amazing suggestion. THANK YOU
bar harbor looks perfect!
>>
Go to the better Carolina and take pictures of Charleston.

Literally the most photogenic city in the country.
>>
>>2867863
I've hiked about 300 miles of the AT and it's more of a green tunnel / forest experience than a open fields and mountains experience. Also not too many bears lol. If you're interested in photography and long distance backpacking, I'd recommend checking out hte Pacific Crest Trail.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.