[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drones & Realestate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Learning-to-Fly-a-Drone.jpg (72 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Learning-to-Fly-a-Drone.jpg
72 KB, 1920x1080
I have family involved in realestate and after reviewing their websites, typographical and photographic assets and skills I've decided to help out because they fucking suck.

Can I get a suggestion for a first time drone buyer?
>>
Browse forums, watch youtube videos; build your own.
its fuck-tons cheaper.
>>
>>2863321
Yo ive been around real estate photoshoots and ive done videography for realtors

Dont know too much about drones, for photo the photographer might have used a DJI, im unsure though

However if your doing video heres a big tip. For inside make sure to get a slider, put your dslr on that and its professional videos easy mode.

when the photographer was shooting the inside of houses, he used 2 flashes on tripod with wireless switches synced to the camera. You meter the camera for outside light such as windows and the flash lights the room to match. Also a buzzy trick i saw him use was his dslr on top of a massive exntendable arm, sort of like a pool net pole, photos of property look so much better from height
>>
>>2863321
Gopro and learn to build one for 1/3-1/5th of the price of a Phantom.
You're welcome.
>>
>>2863321
These people are idiots.

- first, you're using it for business purposes, so licensing is completely different. You need to google this and confirm what licenses you will need, how much you'll need to pay, et al. Just because you have one and can fly it at the local park or mountains doesn't mean you can do it and get paid for it (unfortunately) - this could be a big problem.

- jeesus, don't build your own, for the love of.. you need GPS and if you're a first time flyer you need some experience, the smarter the drone the better. Pro grade includes 3DR Solo or DJI, but the makers of the DJI left to go build the Solo - it's INCREDIBLY smart, infinitely better than DJI, especially for someone new. You'll get pro shots practically out of the box. Don't bother with DJI, seriously.

- You might go to a local hobby store and buy a cheap knock-off for $150 and go fly that for a while until you get the hang of it, then go get the Solo. You're going to drop about $2,100 before all is said and done, and THEN you'll be able to take the real estate photos you need to set you above the rest. Otherwise, you'll look cheap

Gopro and learn to build.. god what a bunch of...
>>
>>2863586
>3DR Solo
Not OP but thanks for this info.
>You're going to drop about $2,100
can you please give a breakdown of what's needed?
Which camera would you recommend?
>>
Why do you need a drone for real estate?

Seems like an excuse to buy a toy.
>>
>>2863609
Realtors and brokerages are extremely competitive. They're constantly trying to one up the other guy. If you're a real estate photographer who offers something that the competition doesn't, you'll have more business.
Drones are great for showing off acreage: parcels of land without any structures. Aerial video is definitely the way to go here because it shows off the land in a way that still photos just can't accomplish.
Large homes (over 5,000 sq/ft) and commercial/industrial properties are much easier to show by aerial video and it looks more professional.
>>
>>2863586
You might want to read some reviews about 3DR Solo before you send people their way.
>>
>>2863586
The simplest APM controller has GPS, waypoint planning and RTS function. Do your research before you make such stupid comments you dumb lazy millenial!
>>
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-YO7BRDwi6Stp7T296ABEiQAD6iWMeC550XL07DfSy9MW8Nh-5gO8Jcw8JRIWK2_qIhImG4aApme8P8HAQ
this.
400 bucks drone from china with professional technics.
XIAOMI Mi
Wait for this to be released and fuck off.
>>
You will definitely need to get licensed to perform aerial work if you want to do this, otherwise you're going to end up in court. Licensing is not a cheap process & can easily end up costing more than your drone once you have taken into account the training fees, examination fees, public liability insurance, etc.
>>
>>2863697
Only in the US of cucks
>>
>>2863739
And the UK. And probably most other developed countries. Where the OP is probably from.
>>
>>2863739
>Only in the US of cucks

would you rather be in a lawless wasteland where anybody can fly imported third rate chinese drone with no QC that breaks down randomly mid flight and falls down and hits people in the head thus killing them?
>>
>>2863739
Also in The Nethercucks.

Although I doubt any real estate photographer would go through the trouble.
Just play dumb until you actually get arrested.
>>
>>2863765
Cheap drones are very light and have flimsy plastic propellers, so there is no risk of injury.

The real scare is someone flying one into the engine of an airliner.
But unless you are next to an airfield that's also a non-issue.

If politicians weren't retarded they would only require a license for heavy drones, and leave toys alone.
>>
>>2863774
You're a moron. Any drone capable of lifting a GoPro is going to cause serious injury if it flies into your face. Just the GoPro alone would hurt if it got thrown in your face, let alone the 1kg+ of drone (eg a Phantom) attached to it with blades spinning at tens of thousands of rpm.

Hell, even the blades on a $15 Floureon have cut my fingers when I got too close.
>>
>>2863586
It's a remote control ed heli, with a camera and gps. Nothing more, no? I have to disagree here. Building your own is a smart move. Imo
>>
>>2863779
Most drones can't lift a GoPro.

And show me ONE example of a Phantom causing serious injury.
>>
>>2863784
>Most drones can't lift a GoPro.
This is a thread about aerial photography. Of course we're talking about drones that can at least lift a GoPro.

>And show me ONE example of a Phantom causing serious injury.
Do a fucking google. Or stand still and I'll fly one into you if you're so sure it's safe.
>>
>>2863774
>Cheap drones are very light and have flimsy plastic propellers

are you fucking retarded?

slingers have been used since ancient times. they are as effective as archers and all they do is sling a 100g lead/stone bullet @ 30m/s.

an object at rest will reach 30m/s after falling for 50m.

do you think a drone weighs more than 100g?

30 m/s is 100 km/h btw

your head and neck will be crushed
>>
>>2863795
>an object at rest will reach 30m/s after falling for 50m.

That's fact, huh?
Doesn't matter if the object is a brick or a pillow?
>>
>>2863798
Tell me what a drone is more similar to. A brick or a pillow. Go on.
>>
>>2863798

>grasping at straws

the calculation ignored air resistance which is rather small @ low speed and the density of a drone which is a roundish piece of mostly plastic
>>
>>2863802
pillow, duh
>>
>>2863807
>drone which is a roundish piece of mostly plastic

Mostly foam.
Or hollow plastic tubing.

hint: they need to be light to fly.
>>
>>2863810
>foam
You've... never actually seen a drone in real life, huh?

>they need to be light to fly
A Phantom weighs over a kilogram and the battery alone is a 350g brick of metal and hard plastic.
>>
>>2863810
>hint: they need to be light to fly.

confirmed for not have touched a drone in real life

even the lightest toy drone weighs more the 100g.

if i throw a 100g object @ 100km/h at your head you are not gonna like it.
>>
>>2863817
>even the lightest toy drone weighs more the 100g.

Do you even Tiny Whoop :^)
>>
>>2863802
Dude you've never touched a drone huh? Anything smaller than a phantom 2 floats down like a feather because the propellors cause as much drag as gravity has pull on it.
>>
>>2863819
>That fpv antenna
2 mins flight time?
I'd still build
>>
>>2863911
Maybe 3 with the stock 150mAh battery, 4 with the 205mAh batteries I'm hoping will arrive sometime this week.
>>
>>2863910
I hope you're just trolling. Nobody can be this fucking retarded IRL.
>>
>>2863920
Will it lift my 500 and 750s? That's the question
>>
File: DSCF1776.jpg (200 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1776.jpg
200 KB, 1200x800
>>2863960
Even if it could, I doubt you'd want to - it'd be so sluggish there'd be no point. Picrelated is a 650.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX70
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:06:15 21:40:14
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness-0.1 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.50 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2863970
Yeah- the 5.8 antennas are all the same size, so a universal point of reference
It just needs stronger motors. Maybe some of those new tiny brushless ones
>>
>>2863982
Lots of people upgrade with CL-0615-14 but even then they don't tend to go over 205mAh. Why make it sluggish for extra flight time when you're mainly going to be flying indoors where swapping packs isn't an issue? You'd have to modify the frame to even fit larger packs anyway, while the 205s just slot right in.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.